No announcement yet.

European Elections 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just noticed that the RN (FN that was) have been leading En Marche! for virtually the entire month and are currently running at 23-24%.

Comment

Labour have finally got off their arses and started canvassing and campaigning over the past few days, which could make a difference given that we've got a bigger activist and ground operation than anyone else, though doorstep response is patchy, hence the understandable poll volatility.

Comment

Le Pen got 24.9 percent of the vote (and a higher proportion of the French seats) at the 2014 Euro Elections. I'm actually a bit surprised that they aren't polling higher.

Comment

Labour would have been 27% higher in the polls had they come out full-on Remain according to something that I can't take seriously at all.

https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/top...ling-1-6062180

Comment

Originally posted by Snake Plissken View Post
            Labour would have been 27% higher in the polls had they come out full-on Remain according to something that I can't take seriously at all.

https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/top...ling-1-6062180

Actually, it's 14% higher, which is feasible, though I'm not sure if they'd have the lead over the Brexit Party that the article claims.

Comment

http://twitter.com/MariaWalshEU/status/1131154074747973632

Are you cringing yet?

Comment

The North-West result is going to be horrible tomorrow. I think we get 8 MEPs and current projections will have as many as 4 of them as Brexit Party. Thank god it's all on PR though, if it were first past the post in smaller constituencies I think they'd have got everywhere except Liverpool.

(Sorry to admins if that breaks any rules about pre-electoral comments on messageboards, please delete if so)
                Last edited by Rogin the Armchair fan; 22-05-2019, 14:56.

Comment

Originally posted by Diable Rouge View Post
                  Young Fine Gaelers are the worst. Cancer of the soul.

Comment

Gideon's Evening Standard has come out for the Lib Dems. By their friends shall ye know them …

Comment

After backing his austerity measures it's the least he could do in return.

Comment

http://twitter.com/EuropeElects/status/1131225230935023618

Presumably the support for the far-right is a reaction against Islam.

​​

Comment

No, it's just racism. Not "a reaction", which puts things arse about face.

Comment

Current Irish constituency odds for Friday:

Dublin:

Frances Fitzgerald 1/20
                            Barry Andrews 1/8
                            Lynn Boylan 1/6
                            Ciarán Cuffe 2/5
                            Clare Daly Evens

South:

Billy Kelleher 1/33
                            Seán Kelly 1/33
                            Liadh Ní Ríada 1/12
                            Deirdre Clune 4/9
                            Mick Wallace 8/11
                            Malcolm Byrne 11/10

Midlands North West:

Mairéad McGuinness 1/20
                            Ming Flanagan 1/16
                            Matt Carthy 1/12
                            Maria Walsh 8/15
                            Brendan Smith 11/10
                            Saoirse McHugh 4/1
                            Peter Casey 4/1

Comment

Fuck, Dublin is depressing, not surprising though.

Comment

By the way, the environment is fucked completely once all these right wing fucksticks get in. Can't see them taking the sort of lead required,. Quite the reverse, in fact.

Comment

Most recent poll:

[URL]https://twitter.com/britainelects/status/1131259029710430208?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1131259029710430208&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.bbc.co.uk%2Fnews%2Flive%2Fuk-politics-parliaments-48339091[/URL]

Comment

The Dublin probable result shows Berba is right that most of the voters couldn't give a fuck about the housing crisis. If 70% of the country own their own gaffs a housing crisis just sees them on the pigs back. There's a lot (like dodgy anti-vax questions in the last dail, the Wallace thing, having been a Trot) I don't like about Clare Daly, but she'd be a far better MEP than a fucking Dynasty FF cunt like andrews or fucking Fitzgerald.

Comment

Originally posted by TonTon View Post
                                      No, it's just racism. Not "a reaction", which puts things arse about face.
                                      One of the Left’s bigger strategic errors is to assume being gay/black/female/whatever makes you a left winger. Sweden Democrats do shockingly well (if you internalised the first sentence over the past 60 years, which how couldn’t you) among Swedes from an immigrant background.

Comment

I'm not sure of the connection between the quote and your post.

Comment

Originally posted by Nocturnal Submission View Post

Actually, it's 14% higher, which is feasible, though I'm not sure if they'd have the lead over the Brexit Party that the article claims.
                                          It's bollocks =- YouGov pushpolling in which the previous question was "did you know Jeremy Corbyn wasnt's to eat your children?"

Comment

Huh?

Comment

Originally posted by Lang Spoon

Elguapo's above on Dublin MEP folk

I think TonTon was addressing his remarks to Flynnie.

Comment

Yeah, deleted now. Tired.

Comment

May resigning before the election might give the Tories a couple more votes.

British Steel going to administration and the government blaming European rules on state intervention will hand any gain straight back to Farage and then some.

Comment

The only thing stopping the govt intervening is their ideology. That Farage also holds. This country.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X