Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also immagration and imagration.

Comment

The people of Merthyr Tydfil are covering themselves in glory on Newsnight at present.The ignorance on display is absolutely staggering.

Comment

Apparently the BBC are "Marxist" and "funded by the EU".

Some fucker needs to tell Kuenssberg, stat.

Comment

She's deffo a kulak backslider then.

Comment

Werent they Hayley Mills' son's band?

Comment

Originally posted by Toby Gymshorts View Post
              The people of Merthyr Tydfil are covering themselves in glory on Newsnight at present.The ignorance on display is absolutely staggering.
              And this is the whole problem with the referendum in Wales, the level of ignorance about the EU despite the massive funding received and the perception that the BBC is left wing when it's clearly to the right of centre.

Comment

Yes - that makes me so, so angry - to the point that I almost think 'fuck 'em, they deserve a good, hard Brexit'. But then we'ee all screwed, aren't we?

Comment

We thought Americans would learn a hard lesson from electing Trump, but they haven't absorbed it yet, despite the flashing lights signaling disaster.

Comment

Originally posted by Vicarious Thrillseeker View Post
                    Yes - that makes me so, so angry - to the point that I almost think 'fuck 'em, they deserve a good, hard Brexit'. But then we'ee all screwed, aren't we?
                    I almost started a Welsh Assembly petition calling for a debate that areas in Wales that voted Remain should be prioritised by the WG for continued project funding once we leave the EU. But I can see a lot of problems with that, not least my own feelings that echo yours.

Thing is, a lot of those areas have very little to lose. It's not as if Merthyr can get much poorer or has many high paying jobs at risk because of benefits. And most of the population in those areas are so disenfranchised they don't vote in anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
                      Thing is, a lot of those areas have very little to lose. It's not as if Merthyr can get much poorer or has many high paying jobs at risk because of benefits. And most of the population in those areas are so disenfranchised they don't vote in anything.
                      I dunno. Give them a vote that means something and they will. You know, like the EU referendum which was probably a once in a lifetime opportunity to give a current Government (of any stripe) a kicking.

Comment

Turnout was 4% lower than average in Merthyr.

Comment

More people signed the petition for a 2nd referendum then voted for the Brexit Party fwiw

https://twitter.com/PhilipHensher/st...139626497?s=19

Comment

Casey kicked to the kerb once again - Ming Flanagan, Maria Walsh and Matt Carthy (SF) elected.

Comment

People slag the BBC but the best that Rte could get to debate the greens about global warming was Jackie Healy Rae, who thinks global warming doesn't exist because "God controls the weather ".

Comment

This Ireland South count has plenty of life in it yet - 500 votes separate the Green candidate in fifth, and SF in sixth, with FG's Deirdre Clune only about a thousand ahead again in fourth. Once the Kelleher surplus decides the non-elected candidate, both parties have vowed to seek a recount, and then the votes of the sixth candidate must be distributed to determine the "Brexit seat" !

Comment

And it's a full recount - the last four days have been effectively scrubbed!

Comment

Begins next Tuesday - could take 28 working days, so well into July.

Comment

Fuck sake. I know the old Wicklow returning officer was notoriously shit, wonder if there is a personnel issue here also.

Comment

Ní Ríada concedes, her votes will decide whether the Greens or FG are consigned to the Brexit seat.

Comment

She's Rialli ni Liada alas

Comment

Originally posted by Snake Plissken View Post

I dunno. Give them a vote that means something and they will. You know, like the EU referendum which was probably a once in a lifetime opportunity to give a current Government (of any stripe) a kicking.
                                            It shouldn't have been though, given it was 'only' an Advisory referendum.

Comment

Working...
                                            X