No announcement yet.

European Elections 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another ambitious idea is for the Government to purchase or subsidise breathalysers for homes so drivers can ensure they are not over the limit when driving the next morning. In addition, he wants to give judges the opportunity to make compassionate rulings on drink drivers in some instances.

He said: ‘The Government could just buy 50,000 or 100,000 breathalysers and give them to homes so you can breathalyse yourself before you go out.’ While stressing that he is vehemently opposed to drink driving, he said he disagrees with ‘mandatory minimum’ drink-driving limits, which see anyone above these automatically disqualified from driving. ‘The judges should have some discretion,’ he said. ‘They offer a guide, which should be adhered to and in 95% of the cases it should be stuck to. But there should be some instances where the judge can make a compassionate decision.’

Don't some cars have breathalysers attached to the ignition, which prevents an over-the-limit driver starting the car?
    Last edited by Nocturnal Submission; 23-04-2019, 19:09.

Comment

Yes, though my understanding is that they are primarily as part of sentencing for drink driving recidivists.

Comment

Calling them breathalysers for homes sounds very weird. Why not just breathalysers, or personal breathalysers, or if you've got to get homes in there, home breathalysers?

Comment

Whatever the law is for the UK, European and local posters are legal in Ireland from tonight - thankfully, many town and city councils are banning them from urban centres, and confining them to suburbs.

http://twitter.com/gavreilly/status/1120721134738190336

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Yellow View Post
            Calling them breathalysers for homes sounds very weird. Why not just breathalysers, or personal breathalysers, or if you've got to get homes in there, home breathalysers?
            As LP Hartley didn't say, "Donegal is another country, they do things differently there".

Comment

Originally posted by E10 Rifle View Post
              I was in the north of Ireland over the weekend, and I noticed a number of UKIP placards along roads around Ballymena and further north. Presumably they're having a go for the council elections, but what sort of vote will they get? And will they eat into the DUP's numbers?
              UKIP have been a presence for a while in NI. Their recently retired leader David McNarry is never off the talkshows.

In the 2015 GE they beat SF, SDLP and TUV in Antrim East with 11%. They had a prominent poster board outside the RC Church near my Mum's house. I recommend a visit, although the kids might enjoy Carrick (Castle, Seaside, etc) more than E10

Comment

Surely any votes for SF and SDLP in Antrim East are just accidental votes.

Comment

Aye, there isnt a single Nationalist left in EA. Theyve all been eaten by those fat girls off Youtube- or possibly have emigrated to Paris, Stockholm and Amsterdam

Comment

It's important to remember that Peter Casey is a stupid, Nasty narcissistic cunt, who says just about anything that comes into his addled, low powered brain, in the hopes that it will gain him attention. Now that's one fucking migrant that needs to learn to integrate.

Comment

so he can be like the 25% who voted for him as Pres?

Comment

Originally posted by Duncan Gardner View Post
                        Given most already vote for Healy-Rae, Lowry, Grealish, Fitzmaurice and Co, he already is like them.

Comment

http://twitter.com/ShamingDeValera/status/1121843036160495617

Comment

Originally posted by Duncan Gardner View Post
                            He had a go at the travellers and only got two thirds of the vote for keeping blasphemy in the constitution. that wasn't a great sign.

Comment

The Conservative Candidate for Northern Ireland lives in my old manor...er Erith and Thamesmead

Comment

http://twitter.com/EuropeElects/status/1122128449026646018

Most of the unaffiliated are accounted for by Five Star and the Brexit Party.

Comment

Looks like no-deal then:

http://twitter.com/britainelects/status/1122177790701445121

Comment

Fuckin dicks. Fuckin racist island

Comment

Why would European Election polls determine government policy at a time when UK polls are showing them getting trounced by Labour?

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                                        Why would European Election polls determine government policy at a time when UK polls are showing them getting trounced by Labour?
                                        Tories get trounced in locals, Farage comes top (or joint-top) in Europeans, support leaches away in Westminster polls - it will all embolden Johnson, Rees-Mogg and the hard Brexiteers, making it impossible to pass the Withdrawal Agreement.

Comment

I just don't see it, soz

Comment

CHUK surprisingly high in the latest Euro poll:

http://twitter.com/britainelects/status/1122445707921825792

Comment

Given the ridiculous hype they've been getting, I suppose it's no big wonder.

The shits.

Comment

Yes, they've had a fair bit of publicity lately. I'd expect them to drop back a bit. Then again, I must admit that I find that 10% of the electorate backing a party with such a vague platform is odd. But perhaps, for the purposes of the Euro-elections, they're effectively seen as the Anti-Brexit Party and are attracting support on that sole basis.

Comment

If today's reports about Labour's manifesto prove to be true, I might emigrate until after the election.

Comment

Isn't that a slight tautology?

Comment

Working...
                                                    X