The WTF? Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The WTF? Thread

wiblfibl - Welcome, and thanks for posting that. Roger Ebert certainly loved it, and it's quite powerful. Made it to the circling seals part.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Well this is what this thread is for.

I'm too racist to be guilty of molestation

Comment

The WTF? Thread

And now for something completely different.

F Scott Fitzgerald in drag:

Still looking for Ernest Hemingway as Josephine Baker.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Hemingway got his drag phase in early.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

http://jezebel.com/oklahoma-republican-says-the-words-jew-me-down-on-the-477494313

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Rookie news anchor has rough first/last day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_uX1RczgQA

Comment

The WTF? Thread

File under: The magic of compounding interest.

On the foot of my credit card bill (which I've just paid in full) it says "At your current interest rate, if you make only your minimum monthly payment by its due date each month, it will take approximately 29 year(s) and 2 month(s) to repay the account balance shown on this statement."

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Perfect OTF story: or Worst person in the western world likes second worst

Comment

The WTF? Thread

If only Sting were involved!

Comment

The WTF? Thread

"pure milk vodka"

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Sounds udderly repulsive.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

I make a point of not mentioning By-Tor And The Snow Dog on the story songs thread, and this is the thanks i get?

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Man blows all of his savings trying to win an Xbox at a carnival midway. Wins dreadlocked "rasta banana" plush toy instead.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

I went swimming in this hotel pool less than a week ago. Real wtf moment. Terribly tragic. It seems like they just couldn't swim, in which case, why would you go into an unsupervised swimming pool?

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Brilliant. If he'd spent the tattoo money on the Xbox to begin with, we'd be poorer for this.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

This photo of the guy is brilliant. I am glad he seems to have no shame about it.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Ha ha! I love it that he's keeping the banana instead of hating it as a reminder of the Xbox he didn't win.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Meanwhile at the Xiang-Lo Plush Toy Manufacturing Corp in Guangzhao:

"Alright, Line 1 will be working on Mickey Mouse, small and medium. Line 2 on Sponge Bob medium and large. Line 3 is doing Picachu extra small...the McDonald's contract. And Line 4, you're doing grinning banana, extra large with Rastafarian trim package."

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Right, so run past me the approval process that allowed this idea beyond the creative stage?

Comment

The WTF? Thread

It'll be the one that went along the lines of "ah, this is being made by an 'ethnic' person therefore it is logically impossible for it to be racist". A view held by the vast majority of public school higher-managerial types and falling into the same category as "one of my best friends is ..."

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Add in a side helping of wanting to get down with the kids. What about getting that fellow from The Odd Futures? They seem to be pretty hep.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Balderdasha wrote: It'll be the one that went along the lines of "ah, this is being made by an 'ethnic' person therefore it is logically impossible for it to be racist". A view held by the vast majority of public school higher-managerial types and falling into the same category as "one of my best friends is ..."
                                              Probably. But getting stereotypical ourselves, one might have expected them to be on a hair-trigger for misogyny, having hired a rapper.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Crikey, I originally skipped a "p" in that last word.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

What Would Mike Tyson Do?

Probably something not dissimilar, unfortuantely for Pepsico.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Ah, nuts. I put this in the advert thread. Anyway, as I put there, here's an extract from Pepsico's Values and Philosophy:
                                                    Win with diversity and inclusion.
                                                    We embrace people with diverse backgrounds, traits and ways of thinking. Our diversity brings new perspectives into the workplace and encourages innovation, as well as the ability to identify new market opportunities

Comment

Working...
                                                    X