• Time
  • Show
Clear All

The WTF? Thread

Someone should tell them.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Florida

Linscott entered the victim's Nissan Sentra, and the two took off. At some point during the drive, Linscott and the man began having sex while the car was still in motion. During the act, Linscott suddenly demanded money, but was rebuffed by the victim, who said he had already given $120 to her friend.

Linscott subsequently pulled out a .357 Taurus revolver, placed it against the victim's head, and restated her demand. A fight ensued, and the victim told investigators he was forced to punch Linscott in the face to free the weapon.

The two eventually crashed into a palm tree, which caused the victim to fly out of the car. He got up and ran across two front yards before returning to the scene to find Linscott had bolted leaving the revolver behind. The victim drove his busted car to his friends' house, where he phoned the Charlotte County Sheriff's Office.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Only in Florida.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

I used to work summers at a conservative synagogue when I was in college, mainly working on remodeling projects and maintenance, but on Saturdays I got to be a shabbos goy (though the rabbi did not like calling me that). It was the easiest part of the job. I showed up Saturday morning, turned on all the lights, then slept a few hours on a couch in one of the offices. When services were over, I put the prayer books back in the library, ate the meal they left for me, turned off the lights, and left.

Occasional otfer addictedtolowe's missus used to do this as a kid in the houses of her jewish neighbours around ranelagh. It was great pocket money apparently.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

I did it as a kid for a Jewish family up the street. Not often as they were fairly liberal, but on Rosh Hashanah I had to reset the fuses as theirs had blown (with the dad directing me behind him with a flashlight I turned on). My mom was a shabbos goy herself so they knew who to turn to.

My reward was $5 and some lekach.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

today i learned about something new: anarcho-monachism

i say "learned", a more accurate term would probably be "was bewildered by".

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Holy moly. I just read this on another forum:

University of Texas Evacuations

Emergency Alert:

Current time: September 14, 2012 at 10:01 am
                September 14, 2012 9:53 am by clatham
                Evacuation due to threats on campus. Immediately evacuate ALL buildings and get as far away as possible. More information to come.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Yeah, Renart has been evacuated, but is fine.

He doesn't know what's going on either.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Reportedly threat that "bombs had been placed all over campus".

UT is huge; a complete evacuation is a a very big deal.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Ugh. Shit like that is one of the things I like least about working at a college. We had a work safety session involving UCPD, and when they start talking about what to do in the case of an "active shooter," you start to realize that it can happen to you. We've thankfully never had anything like that happen at UCLA, but you know that these things do happen on college campuses, and it's fucked up.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

North Dakota State (a much smaller school) now being evacuated after what looks like a copycat threat.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

How to tell kids that bullying is wrong while encouraging them to bully other kids.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

We're not allowed to use 'M

Comment

The WTF? Thread

We're not allowed to use 'Man of the Match' anymore, or it will cost us a lot of money.

http://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/man-match-ll-send-bill-202015113.html

No doubt some suit with a clever argument and loads of money will put me right, but isn't this just trolling but on a legal scale.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Interesting that Matthew 19:4-6, which is when Jesus says men shouldn't divorce their wives at the drop of a hat, is the best they could do on this, gospel-wise. Twats.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Did many people wear hats in his day?

Comment

The WTF? Thread

The Sanhedrin did, didn't they? Plus they invented nit shampoo.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Hmm.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

What the motherflipping fuck?

http://redflagnews.com/disturbing-obamas-flag-reminds-many-twitter-users-of-us-consulate-blood-stains

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Pittsburgh hostage taker is updating his Facebook status as drama unfolds.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Video from a high school football game in Louisiana yesterday

What makes this eligible for The WTF? Thread (apart from it being dangerous to land a helicopter in the middle of a crowd of teenagers and their parents) is that this school is facing severe budgetary problems and reportedly can't afford to provide breakfast for the kids who need it most (thanks, Jindal). I think if I were a parent of a child going to school there, I would be very pissed off about this.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

JESUS CHRIST.

http://gawker.com/5947105/this-is-the-worst-thing-in-the-entire-universe

I'm embarrassed to share a state, let alone a city, with this person. Here's some more about her:

acquelyn received her yoga teacher certification studying with Lalit Kumar at the Himalaya Yoga Valley in Goa, India. She is a certified Reiki practitioner and has completed the intensive Chakra Awakening: Psychology of the Chakras course as well as Chakra Yoga teacher training with Anodea Judith, founder of Sacred Centers. A graduate of the master chef program at the Culinary Classroom in Los Angeles, Jacquelyn has also studied herbalism, aromatherapy, Pranayama, meditation, sound healing, nutrition, and the application of essential oils.

Jacquelyn keeps a garden and compost in her Venice Beach home with her beloved husband Todd and little black cat Balka, and enjoys traversing the globe from India to Peru, Morocco to Croatia, exploring spirituality and environmentally conscious living, experiencing the people, enjoying the food and drink, and welcoming the amazing synchronicities and adventures.
                                              UGH. I'd rather hang out with a bunch of people at a steampunk convention.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

I watched more of that than I should have. I have a headache now.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Incandenza wrote: Ugh. Shit like that is one of the things I like least about working at a college. We had a work safety session involving UCPD, and when they start talking about what to do in the case of an "active shooter," you start to realize that it can happen to you. We've thankfully never had anything like that happen at UCLA, but you know that these things do happen on college campuses, and it's fucked up.
                                                  I'm currently freelancing at a Major Investment Bank, and they made us do a session on active shooters, which included being vigilant for colleagues showing unusual interest in weaponry and violence, or undergoing emotional upheaval such as relationship breakdowns etc.

I have my hiding place sorted and always have my phone on silent, so I'm ready.

Security xrayed my Pret a Manger avocado wrap and coffee the other day, despite having seen me go out five minutes earlier. They were apologetic, but still.

Btw, not making light of the shootings in colleges etc. which are truly terrible, I just think current workplace is ridiculously paranoid. Then again, when I worked up high for Lehmans at Canary Wharf, I was a bit twitchy, particularly as planes from City Airport came a bit close.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

traversing the globe from India to Peru, Morocco to Croatia, exploring spirituality and environmentally conscious living
                                                    Brilliant. Alanis, this is irony, this. On a side note, I wonder how Croatia feels about being Europe's new token dippy hippy destination, or what it might have done to deserve that. Was it something PPV has getting been up to?

Comment

Working...
                                                    X