The WTF? Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The WTF? Thread

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mattbellassai/45-people-you-wont-believe-actually-exist-6z51

Comment

The WTF? Thread

America. Fuck yeah!

Comment

The WTF? Thread

More from Murphy on Agenda 21. If I were more cynical I'd think the whole conspiracy theory was a plant by the left to make the right look like idiots. I mean, it's all premised on the most innocuous, inconsequential kernel of truth imaginable. But I suppose that's what the UN wants us to think.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

ad hoc wrote: http://www.buzzfeed.com/mattbellassai/45-people-you-wont-believe-actually-exist-6z51
          Nice! Thanks for sharing.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Ginger Yellow wrote: More from Murphy on Agenda 21. If I were more cynical I'd think the whole conspiracy theory was a plant by the left to make the right look like idiots. I mean, it's all premised on the most innocuous, inconsequential kernel of truth imaginable. But I suppose that's what the UN wants us to think.
            Yes, they've obviously brainwashed you, GY! Wake up, sheeple!

In all seriousness, though, I find myself oscillating between thinking it's good that the GOP has so many nutters because it will hurt their electoral chances and wishing we could actually have something resembling rational political discussions rather than endless conspiracy creation and debunking in this country.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

ad hoc wrote: http://www.buzzfeed.com/mattbellassai/45-people-you-wont-believe-actually-exist-6z51
              I never get tired of #10. On #39, I've seen a guy at a Starbucks who brought in his desktop computer--CPU tower, keyboard, monitor--to work on. And #40...otherkin!

Comment

The WTF? Thread

I was just reading a small item about how runners in the marathon happening here this weekend will be monitored, and that led me to the weird story of a guy who claims to have run pretty decent, Paul Ryan-ish times, but no one remembers him from the races: Kip Litton.
                (PS Starts off mentioning a guy who could be a candidate for the apt-names thread.)

I don't know why, but stories of catfishing and their unraveling totally intrigue me.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Very interesting story, and further evidence of how no serious runner would ever "forget" his/her marathon time in the way that Ryan claimed to have done.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Yes, that was a great article. There have been a few really good articles in the New Yorker about frauds:

http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2007/09/17/070917fa_fact_singer

http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2008/08/11/080811fa_fact_grann

http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2010/07/12/100712fa_fact_grann

Two more, one about a guy named James Hogue, who took on different identities, and another about Anthony Godby Johnson, a boy recovering from terrible abuse who may or may not have existed, are over 10 years old but they're still in my mind. Unfortunately the full versions aren't online.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

'How to draw Skrillex'.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Rock star-like private tutors in Hong Kong, winning trade with their glamorous looks and young vibe as much as their teaching abilities.

I suppose it's consistent with the way the world of television documentaries is going. You're unlikely to see another Jacob Bronowski or Alastair Cooke on screen these days.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-20085558

Comment

The WTF? Thread

I saw that and was going to post it in the Gove thread just to make Bored's head explode.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Germany to outlaw beastiality

I think the thing that surprises me is that this is isn't something that has just been overlooked by legislators, but to reverse a law from the 1960s.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

But Michael Kiok, the chairman of the pressure group Zoophile Engagement for Tolerance and Information (Zeta), said he was going to take legal action to fight the proposed changes.

"It is unthinkable that any sexual act with an animal is punished without proof that the animal has come to any harm," he said, adding that animals are capable of showing what they do, or do not, want to do.

"We see animals as partners and not as a means of gratification. We don't force them to do anything. Animals are much easier to understand than women," Mr Kiok claimed.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

I posted somewhere on OTF, didn't I, about a horrible man I went to college with who went to jail for running a zoophilia ring?

Rather difficult to fathom the appeal (I guess I'm hopelessly vanilla), but from a legal standpoint it seems like it would be impossible to establish any criteria by which you could establish a non-human's "consent." So bravo, Germany, for making it illegal again.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Zoophilia ring? Christ. I wonder what the most common animal that is the focus of attraction. Are zoophiles only attracted to one kind of animal, or do some fancy different species?

Comment

The WTF? Thread

If god didn't want us to fuck warthogs, he wouldn't've made them so sexy.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

S'why they rebranded them from sexpigs to something less intriguing. Like calling Iceland Iceland.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Comment

The WTF? Thread

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Is it supposed to taste like chicken and waffles, or do you pour it on chicken and waffles?

(I fear it's the former, but I don't want to believe there is a chicken-flavored syrup in this world.)

Comment

The WTF? Thread

http://www.torani.com/products/chicken-n-waffles-syrup

Flavor aficionados will appreciate this innovative sweet and savory syrup that captures the essence of crispy fried chicken and buttermilk waffles, topped with a sweet maple finish. Try it drizzled on buttered biscuits, cornbread or in bourbon cocktails for a delicious treat.
                                              Suggested Uses
                                              Flavored butter, vinaigrette, bourbon cocktails, drizzled over waffles

Comment

The WTF? Thread

That just ain't right.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Chicken flavouring in bourbon cocktails...!

I fear the apocalypse is upon us.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X