Mont St Michel, my belle - Tour de France 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dumoulin crashed a few minutes ago and has abandoned, hope that doesn't compromise his Olympics.

Comment

ITV speculating it's a broken wrist, which would certainly rule him out. That would be heartbreaking. Hope the team still invite him out to Rio at least as a supporter. They have enough hangers-on with team badges to accommodate that, surely?

Comment

I don't think he'd want to go to Rio, it'd be very much a case of "have a look at what you could have won".

Comment

Giant - Alpecin saying Dumoulin has broken his wrist, so no chance of him being ready for Rio. That's a desperate shame.

Skies threatening, Dan Martin dons a rain jacket, there's spectators with their umbrellas up. Could be a fun descent.

Comment

What's Froome up to? He's dropped right to the back of the peloton as they cross the top of the climb and all his team mates are still up front.

Majka's got enough points to win KoM. Wish I'd had a flutter on him after the first stage given that I suggested it on here...

Comment

Rolland chute - looks a sore one.

Real shame about Dumoulin; you want your Olympic time trial to feature the best time triallists.

Comment

Rolland got lucky with that crash, a little earlier and he would have smashed into the car.

Lots of rain now as the riders descend, I suppose it's better to have full on rain rather than drizzle making it greasy.

Comment

Fascinating stat from Eurosport - never has any Grand Tour completed without at least one stage win from an Italian, French or Spanish rider. But no one from any of those countries has won a stage at this Tour.

Comment

Absolutely lashing it down now, Reichenbach and Morabito have just slid off on a speed sign painted on the road.

Comment

Rui Costa's off the front, he's won races on piss wet days before - 2013 Worlds, a Tour stage in Le Grand Bornand the same year, the Dauphine last year.

Porte doing a Porte and somehow managed to lose the main group on the descent.

Comment

Porte's bike has let him down a couple of times now.

Navarro chasing gamely but, as you say, Costa is a master at this.

Comment

Mollema's down now - is Yates ahead of him?

Comment

Froome off! Back riding. Heart in mouth descent this.

Comment

New tarmac causing chaos. Froome among those sliding off, and has to take a teammate's bike.

Comment

Bardet managed to attack on the descent, now he's chasing Rui Costa. Allez Romain!

Comment

Bardet on a charge - excellent!

Comment

Now Froome and Nibali! White lines are deadly.

Comment

Froome needs to not panic here and just stick with as many team mates as he can - they can pace him back when he gets a bike change.

Comment

Bardet catches Costa!

Comment

longeared wrote: Froome needs to not panic here and just stick with as many team mates as he can - they can pace him back when he gets a bike change.
                                          I think the car is nearby now.

Yates still with the big GC group.

Comment

Astana are the fish in the castle.

Comment

Dan Martin attacks, and Bardet drops Costa.

Porte and Quintana are not going to give Froome a chance to change bike.

Comment

Yates dropped, Meintjes still in the front group in the context of the white jersey.

Comment

Froome struggling a bit, but this is where he cashes in 20 seconds of a 4 minute lead. Porte behind him too.

Comment

Valverde doing some damage here at the end.

Fantastic, brilliant, win for Bardet.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X