No announcement yet.

International Cricket, Autumn/Winter 2022-2023

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crawley, Root and Stokes contributing only 26 runs (all Stokes’s) yet England end up with a first innings lead. They seem to be picking up the habit of ‘finding a way’ - a big virtue for a test side.

Comment

Doesn't really matter when the opposition bowlers are ultimately useless...

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
        What's going on in Brisbane? You can usually rely on the Gabba to produce runs, but a test match over within 2 days is not really good news for anyone
        South Africa has an excellent bowling attack but very poor batting. Apply that to a Test on a juicy pitch against a side with equally good bowling but better batting and this happens.

Comment

Aye...

Comment

It was foreseeable from how they played against England.

Comment

The Trent Bridge klaxon is now deafening.

Comment

Get that kid on the front page of the sports section tomorrow.
                Last edited by diggedy derek; 19-12-2022, 11:47.

Comment

England are not messing around here, that being said Pakistan are hardly making it difficult for them.

Comment

Who is the female commentator here?

Comment

The summariser? Alex Hartley I imagine.

Is this the by now traditional Zak Crawley half-century red inker to secure his place for the next series?

Comment

No, she sounded like she was from Pakistan.

Comment

Ah, OK, not sure who that is then, sorry.

England are single-handedly redeeming the concept of bantz by sending the 18 year old leggie out for a bat.

Comment

I'm not listening, but if I had to guess it would be Urooj Mumtaz Cousin Boneless

Comment

I can't recall England winning 3-0 in Asia ever.

Comment

They won 3-0 in Sri Lanka at the end of 2018. Other than that the closest were a 3-1 in a five Test series in India in 1976-77 when Greig was captain and a couple of 2-0s in Bangladesh.

Comment

They've done it in Sri Lanka in 2018-2019. They've obviously not done it in Pakistan as they will have won more tests this series than in all previous series combined there. I don't think they have ever done it against India.

Comment

From 163/3 and Babar going strong to 216 all out. Great effort from England again.

Comment

Stokes is a dead cert for SPOTY surely, though I imagine the England women's football team will edge the mens cricket side out for Team of the Year?

Comment

I'm not listening either but my guess would be Zainab Abbas Cousin Boneless

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                                          Stokes is a dead cert for SPOTY surely, though I imagine the England women's football team will edge the mens cricket side out for Team of the Year?
                                          Beth Mead is odds on apparently.

​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post

South Africa has an excellent bowling attack but very poor batting. Apply that to a Test on a juicy pitch against a side with equally good bowling but better batting and this happens.
                                            Dean Elgar, South Africa's captain, was very scathing about the pitch in his post-match interview.

Comment

This will probably bite me on the arse but there are definite parallels between this year for England's men and 2004: England beating everyone at home in a swashbuckling summer before an away win against an opponent we'd not beaten in their country for a couple of decades, teeing up all manner of Ashes expectations

Comment

The disparity in odds between Mead and the field is quite striking

https://www.oddschecker.com/awards/s...he-year/winner

Comment

The bookies have the Ashes as fairly even, which seems a fair reflection of form. Arguably the two best sides of the winter season so far.

Comment

Beth Mead should win but those odds are remarkable

Comment

Working...
                                                    X