International Cricket, Autumn/Winter 2022-2023

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ta

That strikes me as a weird award category.

Comment

I happen to know that Starc has been a speaker at the Manly Warringah Golf Day.. I don't know if he has played a competitive fixture for them.

He and Healy joined that club some time after they moved to the Northern Beaches. He had played for Berala (an inner suburb) as a junior and gone to the same public high school as Phillip Hughes.

Comment

I chose Starc as an example as I thought there might be some inside knowledge, ursus arctos I found an article welcoming him to Manly Warringah, which noted he'd not played grade cricket for 6-7 years, but they hoped he might play a couple of games a season for them.

Comment

There's been speculation that Warner might play the WTC final as a farewell and skip the Ashes. OTOH if he gets a century v India they'd want to him to stay.

Comment

Much better effort from Ireland, at least on the first day as they make 319/4.

Anyone following the interminable Pakistan/NZ T20 series? I can't bring myself to.

Comment

It is on Willow over here, but the schedule is flaky and the bits I have seen far from compelling

Comment

Ireland finished on 492 with Stirling and Campher making tons.

SL are looking fairly untroubled in reply. Matthew Humphreys is (according to cricinfo) bowling for the first time in first class cricket in this test.

Comment

That last stat will become more common as the talent pool for Tests will come more often from T20.

The possible effect of the SL economic crisis on their cricket is worrying, but they've survived worse (long-term civil war).

Comment

Yes. It also appears Ireland also hasn't had any domestic first class cricket for 3 years due to covid and a restructure from a cursory wiki search.

Comment

Gary Ballance has announced his retirement from all forms of cricket.

Rumours out of Zimbabwe that he has been a naughty boy and failed a drugs test during their series against the Netherlands.

Comment

Encouraging news for England pre-Ashes is that Jonny Bairstow made his competitive return today in a second XI match for Yorkshire against Nottinghamshire and scored 97 at more than a run a ball, before being removed by Olly Stone

Comment

Rahane is back for the WTC Final

https://twitter.com/espncricinfo/status/1650736369252331523?s=61&t=xvOireV8JOIS_CpbTtDBow]

Comment

https://twitter.com/espncricinfo/status/1651561913552363520?s=61&t=xvOireV8JOIS_CpbTtDBow

No Sri Lanka batter was out for less than 100 (Chandimal retired hurt)

Comment

Century for Daryl Mitchell in the first ODI at Rawalpindi

Comment

Ben White is the third bowler in the last 6 months to concede 200 in an innings.

Comment

Strong England vs Sri Lanka 1998 vibe to this one.

Comment

https://twitter.com/ACScricket/status/1652005762904801281?s=20

All in the current century. Only England with 405 at the Oval in 1930 had scored 400+ and lost by an innings prior to 2000.

Comment

https://twitter.com/_hypocaust/status/1653884440613928961?s=61&t=xvOireV8JOIS_CpbTtDBow]

Comment

Working...
                                      X