No announcement yet.

Is This Your Celebrated Summer? - International Cricket in England 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any repercussions or press criticism for slow over-rate? Oh, they're not West Indies.

Final Word podcast is doing the daily at the Test. https://omny.fm/shows/the-final-word...gland-nz-day-1
    Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 03-06-2021, 09:56.

Comment

Cat suddenly locates pigeons.

Comment

I was just thinking Conway might not be far away from Bannerman territory in terms of the proportion of the innings' score. But as usual, when you check it, he's still miles away from that fabled 67 something per cent.

Comment

Is he going to run out of partners before the big number?

Comment

Originally posted by diggedy derek View Post
            I was just thinking Conway might not be far away from Bannerman territory in terms of the proportion of the innings' score. But as usual, when you check it, he's still miles away from that fabled 67 something per cent.
            But what's the highest percentage of the total scored by someone on his debut?

Comment

The same. The Bannerman happened in the first test

Comment

200! he's done it.

Comment

With a six too, astounding stuff!

Comment

Weather forecast now looking dodgy for rain tomorrow, only day of the five that is the case for. Fuck my luck!

Comment

Bugger! Run out on 200 by the tightest of decisions after a fantastic bit of fielding.

Comment

Now England out under 150 with at least 4 wickets to spin.

Comment

Is it me (yes, probably) or does Rory Burns look like Steve Arnott from Line of Duty?

Comment

Does he still have stupid hair?

42 overs left today? That seems like a lot.

Comment

Is that the very great Jeremy Coney on the radio?

Comment

Yes, nice to hear him after a couple of years.

Comment

Glad to see that England reached their customary early innings target of fuck all for two with ease.

Comment

Just happy to see the highlights back on the BBC.

Comment

I'm glad to hear Jeremy Coney is still entertaining TMS listeners, but unfortunately he's inaudible in NZ. There is no radio commentary available on this test match (aside from VPNs, unofficial "alternative" funsters and what have you). Welcome to life without a licence fee.

There's supposed to be audio coverage of the final v India, must be grateful for any crumbs I suppose.

Comment

https://twitter.com/telecricket/status/1400539515555651586

Comment

Dropped for a game he was unlikely to be selected for.

Comment

Heartfelt commiserations Ray. Pissing down in Hampstead

Comment

Watched the rain for ninety minutes and about to see a movie in Swiss Cottage. Will monitor the situation but no play until late afternoon at best.

Comment

Modern sport's obsession with stats threw up one of the most underwhelming numbers I've encountered for a while yesterday. Devon Conway's double century on debut was a monumental effort which is surely beyond the wildest dreams of most young batters. So, how many players have achieved it before, if any?

The answer is six. Six players have already gone out and smacked a double ton with a brand new cap on their head. Conway's not even in the first five. Still, the reporter on BBC managed to sound suitably impressed when reading out "became just the seventh player..." on the evening news yesterday.
                                                Last edited by diggedy derek; 04-06-2021, 13:22.

Comment

To be fair it is Test 2422 so this is a once every 346 occurrence.

Comment

Today finally abandoned at 4:30pm. I was asking for it with the thread title, wasn't I?

Comment

Working...
                                                    X