No announcement yet.

Gimme Hope Jo'anna: Rugby in 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The ref can be heard telling the remonstrating Exeter captain "He started his run up" multiple times in justification for allowing the charge down so that would seem to be the basis of his decision.

Baxter can be an absolute arse at times and has been a lot recently but was spot on with his reaction to this one.

Comment

Until yesterday I never knew a team was allowed to charge forward and disrupt a conversion attempt to the extent of actually kicking it off the tee. I always assumed the charge forward was just a diversionary tactic. I wonder if it will be a tactic used more often. What happens if a player charges the kick down but the ball remains in play? Just play on?
      Last edited by Rogin the Armchair fan; 21-02-2021, 12:06.

Comment

It's only allowed from a conversation so the ball will be dead.

Comment

Originally posted by Antepli Ejderha View Post
          It's only allowed from a conversation so the ball will be dead.
          The referee should step in if the players are just standing round having a chat

Comment

Originally posted by Southport Zeb View Post

The referee should step in if the players are just standing round having a chat
            Predictive text, conversion.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
              France's capacity to self-destruct returns with a vengeance.

If they've lost the in-form player in world rugby because he's caught Covid from his coach in those circumstances it's pure idiocy.
              Six Nations: France without five players for Scotland game after fresh coronavirus tests - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/56147154

Up to five now after today's tests.

Centre Arthur Vincent and hooker Julien Marchand are the latest two players to join the list.

Comment

Losing Marchand might be a blessing considering the brickbats the French lineout has been attracting from their fans...

Comment

Stupid admission time - it only occurred to me this weekend (after nearly six years of following his career) that the fact Gerwyn Price played at hooker in his rugby career will have given him some level of transferable skills for darts.

I only realised this as one of the BT commentary team for the English Premiership spent the whole weekend referring to line-out throwing as "good darts" or "bad darts".
                  Last edited by Ray de Galles; 21-02-2021, 23:11.

Comment

I went to a jolly at Saracens a few years ago, the ex-pro doing the glad handing was Matt Cairns, who played hooker. As part of the "show", they held up a shirt at one end of the room (probably thirty five feet away) and invited him to throw a ball to hit it, which he did with consummate ease, several times in a row.

Comment

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...droidApp_Other

Five more cases, including the captain, mean nine players are out.

The cause is suspected to be a training session with the France Sevens side.

Comment

France v Scotland confirmed as going ahead. I think Scotland's problems with calling up foreign-based players if it was postponed to the fallow week might have swung the decision.

Comment

Six Nations 2021: France suspend training after further positive case before Scotland game - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/56181534

Another confirmed case, I cannot see this going ahead.

Comment

Strong-looking Welsh XV and an inventive set of backs on the bench ;

Comment

Originally posted by Antepli Ejderha View Post
                              Six Nations 2021: France suspend training after further positive case before Scotland game - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/56181534

Another confirmed case, I cannot see this going ahead.
                              Bloody hell, knew I should have caveated my post yesterday with "currently going ahead"!

Comment

...and it's off!

Comment

Very strong looking England side ;

Daly; Watson, Slade, Farrell, May; Ford, Youngs; M Vunipola, George, Sinckler, Itoje, Hill, Wilson, Curry, B Vunipola.

Replacements: Cowan-Dickie, Genge, Stuart, Ewels, Martin, Earl, Robson, Malins.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                                    Only rational decision.

Comment

Interesting half back combination for us. I can't help thinking Sheedy might have got the start had we not lost Halfpenny's kicking. Though his defensive error for Hogg's second try in the last match may have swung the decision back towards Bigger.

Comment

I also think Hardy and Sheedy was one step too much against England. I'd expect them both to start against Italy.

Comment

I saw the Wales team and thought - yep, looks strong. But the England team looks a bit too powerful - not sure we'll get enough ball to avoid defeat. For all the negative reporting, Youngs and Ford tend to play well together, and Billy V is due a big game.

Comment

Yeah, England genuine favourites especially with the home advantage nullified. Them by 8 would be my prediction.

Comment

The French just have to add their Gallic flair to fucking up a Grand Slam chance, don't they? Making a bosh of it on the field like the rest of us is not good enough for them, eh?

Meanwhile, Jones continues to troll England fans by selecting a child on the bench who has less career appearances in the Premiership than the European Player of the Year has tries scored in this season.

Comment

Bloody hell! The new season of Super Rugby Aotearoa has started but UK coverage hasn't been picked up by any of the major outlets but on RugbyPass instead.

Comment

FFS. I will have to pick up the highlights from YouTube, then.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X