Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
    WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK?!
    My thoughts exactly. How the fuck have we got two wins?

Comment

Originally posted by Eggchaser View Post
      Scotland should have buried the game by not fucking up the try before the card even happened. Would have been three scores ahead and then they could have just tactically strangled the Welsh to death. As it was, they did a Scotland.
      A real shift in momentum, that moment. Peak Scotland to blow it though. Defeat means I have to brave the weather and pick up dinner from the chippy.

Comment

Was thinking that in the week and again today watching Varney.
        He looked good until being taken out by Farrell.

How did Hardy look?

Comment

My two regular Six Nations attending mates and I were due our annual weekend taking our wives for this match.

Imagine walking out of Murrayfield for a night out in snowy Edinburgh after that!

Commiserations to Scotland, they really could have won that game quite comfortably.

Comment

Originally posted by Antepli Ejderha View Post

My thoughts exactly. How the fuck have we got two wins?
            I'm hoping for a Red Card Grand Slam. Hopefully Farrell will be England's.

Comment

I'm hoping for a Red Card Grand Slam. Hopefully Farrell will be England's.
              He should have had one day today.

Comment

Originally posted by Antepli Ejderha View Post

He looked good until being taken out by Farrell.

How did Hardy look?
                He moved the ball cleanly, quickly and incisively and kicked well.

Nothing spectacular but he and Sheedy upped the tempo even before the red card and then helped capitalise on it. Though the BBC analysis showed Sheedy was hugely at fault for Hogg's second try.

Halaholo had a great all round game too, needs to start against England.
                Last edited by Ray de Galles; 13-02-2021, 19:23.

Comment

Cheers Ray.

Says a lot that Wyn Jones had to complete the 80 today, our reserve front row looks very weak.

Edit: He went off after 77.
                  Last edited by Antepli Ejderha; 13-02-2021, 20:40.

Comment

Adams is back, I expect him to return to the wing and Liam Williams to move back to full back.

I also expect George North to return.

Will they gamble on Hardy then? I presume not but they should start blooding these youngsters with starts as well.

Comment

I think Liam may get a citing for the incident the BBC panel highlighted post-match. The angles I've seen aren't conclusive but he may have lead with the forearm/elbow while being tackled. May have been a yellow but we'll see.

Comment

I think Liam may get a citing for the incident the BBC panel highlighted post-match. The angles I've seen aren't conclusive but he may have lead with the forearm/elbow while being tackled. May have been a yellow but we'll see.
                        With Halfpenny potentially injured that leaves us short again.

Adams to 15, McNicholl to the wing and Ioan Lloyd called up. Or North onto the wing again.

Comment

Lots of kicking so far with Ireland shading it in the early stages.

Comment

France haven't had an attack yet!

A minor point but Ireland appear to throwing these line outs at something like 45 degrees, nowhere near straight.

Comment

Earles took a fucking dive there! Clipped his own ankle.

Comment

Earles took a fucking dive there! Clipped his own ankle.
                                You reckon? I didn't think there was anything in it, Le Roux didn't change his line.

Toe in touch saves France but then a stupid long throw puts them in trouble again.

Edit: the reply showed a clear right boot after the left toe.
                                Last edited by Antepli Ejderha; 14-02-2021, 15:35.

Comment

France haven't had an attack yet!

A minor point but Ireland appear to throwing these line outs at something like 45 degrees, nowhere near straight.
                                  And on their first attack they score. With 14.

Some try that.

Comment

He definitely clipped his own ankle which is what brought him down, I am doubtful there was any contact at all with Le Roux and certainly not deliberate.

France have come to the party now though, great try.
                                    Last edited by Ray de Galles; 14-02-2021, 15:42.

Comment

Half time and France with two half chances lead, a try on their first visit and a knock on in their second visit to the 22.

Is BOD on the bog?

Benjamin Keyser is a decent analyst and really needs to be given more time to express his points.

Comment

I love the French line out, simple quick ball to the scrum half to distribute and attack. No buggering about with endless driving mauls.

Comment

I presume Joey Carbery is still injured.

Ireland have 3 players off for HIAs at the moment. That must be a record.

Comment

I love the French line out, simple quick ball to the scrum half to distribute and attack. No buggering about with endless driving mauls.
                                            Very old school in what they do and very effective.

Comment

Well, France played some phenomenal attacking rugby on the rare occasions they could break free of Ireland's suffocating play.

The Irish had absolutely no attacking game plan of their own apart from Lowe's repetitive kicking and he too often displays no rugby brain whatsoever.

Only a fluke try, Ireland's fantastic defence and great work on the floor & counter-rucking kept it close.
                                              Last edited by Ray de Galles; 14-02-2021, 17:09.

Comment

Couldn't agree more Ray, anti rugby really.

France win away, always a big thing in the 6N.

The defence and discipline shown by France in the last minutes had Shaun Edwards stamped all over it.

Comment

As Barclay has just pointed out, Scotland's choice of line and movement is making our tackling look very poor.

Who is the (former?) PL keeper this ref looks like?
                                                  I meant to put a suggestion forward yesterday. Maik Taylor?

Comment

Oh thank you so much, that had really been bothering me. Spot on!

Comment

Working...
                                                    X