No announcement yet.

X11 season 45 - de rigueur Mortis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drakaina were clear favourites to progress in their tie with League of Legends Girls of Division 5.
    The Dragons set about showing why in the opening leg at the Summoner´s Rift Arena. Etienne’s side had more of the ball in the first half, and had what appeared a well-worked goal from Gael Heggarty ruled out. That meant there were officially no shots before the break, but not so after as the Greeks possession caused pressure, which caused chances, and a break in the deadlock on the hour when Susanna Barry nodded home.
    1-0 became 2-0 on 84 minutes as Heggarty made up for the earlier effort being chalked off by rising highest to head home. She couldn’t resist a snarky “All good this time?” to the ref as she jogged back to halfway, the ref confirming that it was. Also all good was Drakaina’s assumption of a commanding position in the tie.
    When Laria Sietaridis fired home from range just three minutes into the return at Delphi it appeared everyone could relax as The Dragons were three ahead and nearly out of sight. However, it was imperative the team didn’t believe this as League of Legends were still plugging away and indeed were level on the night on 14 minutes.
    Panic began to spread through the Drakaina ranks when the visitors struck again on 43 minutes to close to within one. Not only that, but if they drew level on aggregate then League of Legends would actually be ahead on away goals. This made for an extremely tense second-half as the Greeks went defensive to try and preserve their advantage. It would prove their undoing as the visitors struck again on 83 minutes to produce a pretty big upset. Definitely one that got away for Drakaina, this.

Fresh off their shock win over Division 3 side Janes Addiction (so good, it’s worth mentioning again), Zeugma Dostluk Spor set out to topple another higher ranked side in Gehenna Hot Pants of Division 4.
    Zeugma were on the road in the first leg, and held their own in an even opening 45 minutes. Gehenna shaded possession in this period, but it was one chance and no goals a-piece. Antepli Ejderha’s side suffered a set-back 6 minutes into the second period though as their hosts took the lead. There would be hardly any further chances following this, putting the Anatolians in a tricky spot ahead of the home leg.
    Playing for a 1-0 win was not unknown for sides from AE’s stable. Could his girls pull it off? They went about things the right way, with a cautious possession game. Chances came in a steady flow, but with 90 minutes in the clock the goal still hadn’t arrived. One last desperate throw of the dice saw Zeugma make a triple substitution at this point and two minutes later it looked like it had worked when Rachel Forsyth blasted home. She wheeled away in celebration as the Insan Haklari Stadyumu exploded, only to have their thunder stolen as ref Travis Tee stood impassive, indicating a free-kick to Gehenna.
    With that, Zeugma’s chances of progress vanished as we were left with just one OTF side (Kanjeng Ratu Kidul) in Round 4.

Round 4 draw - first listed teams home in opening leg
    Code:
    The Mass WFC (4e)        vs     Kanjeng Ratu Kidul WFC

Comment

Excellent round up yet again Janik. Sadly we're out of the cup but it's down our development values a world of good especially as we're going to be relegated.

Comment

A good point on the road at Deva for Steaua Bridge. We'll take that.

I see in the top flight there were no draws in the five matches. Great Ouse get to midtable without playing!

Comment

I haven't looked yet but since I forgot to set up a team, I don't need to really

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
            I haven't looked yet but since I forgot to set up a team, I don't need to really
            And here I was thinking that the Kneebiters' triumphant return to the top flight was because we actually have a good team this season...

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin S View Post
              I see in the top flight there were no draws in the five matches. Great Ouse get to midtable without playing!
              If last season's any guide, this is as good as it gets.

Comment

Two games against zombies today and two 7-0 wins. In both matches my keepers were named as man of the match and made it into the Xpert Eleven team of the round. Bizarre.

Comment

Just to go back to a discussion about one of my youths who came into my J4GL* team as a 17/6...

Originally posted by jdsx View Post
                  I reckon if I can get him up to 15DV this season he should be a 18/7 next season, at the same level (i.e. he should go up 1.0). Then I'd hope(/pray) for a double jump either the next season or (more likely) the one after that, so he would be a (optimistic) 19/9 or a (more likely) 20/10.
                  If it looks like I can't get him beyond 12/13 DV this year, I'll probably sell before the deadline, as I think a DJ would be unlikely in the next couple of years....
                  We'll see...!
                  So in today's CR, he is now indeed a 19/9, and worth, allegedly, 37 million.... Hmmm usual debate - sell or keep....

*EDIT: I'm talking complete rubbish of course, I mean in the MLX, not J4GL....
                  Last edited by jdsx; 26-02-2019, 15:05.

Comment

Ah go on jdsx, go on. Imagine what you could do with all that moolah.

Meanwhile in MLX Kakanui KuneKune had a CR of two halves: defensive unit lots of jumps, offensive unit very few, and three retirements announcing at once. Another SitsWithRemote defensive grind beckons.

Comment

Oh and Kev, the Human League have a vacancy if you could help us into the new season in a week or two? Even though wiblflibl has gone, I've not sacked him so only poor old Daleton Tigresses are truly vacant.

Comment

No problem, application is in.

Comment

Wonderful, thanks Kev. Feel free to rebrand, do whatever you like. They must be an absolute mess by now.

Of course you may decide to stay...

Comment

So the youths seem to be passable but their DV is shocking for this point in the season. There are no good experienced players at all. Nothing above a 9 bar. I'll get them through the change report and see where they are.
                            Last edited by Kevin S; 26-02-2019, 12:28.

Comment

Ridiculously good CR for Matelots Malouins (by my standards, anyhow), with two doubles and unexpected jumps from a number of veterans. Tatarian was the only disappointment, but not a surprise since he struggled with DV all season.

This Malouins squad is by far the highest-skilled bunch I've ever had for any of my teams, but they still can't get close to winning anything. Tough league, the MLX.

Code:
                              Fachada      30/8    >   31/7    -
                              Hanley       26/12   >   27/13   +

Halliwell    34/15   >   35/15
                              Buza         31/16   >   32/16
                              Amouroux     25/13   >   26/14   +
                              Tatarian     21/9    >   22/9

Bottelin     34/14   >   35/14
                              Ullmann      32/14   >   33/14
                              Borssen      30/15   >   31/16   +
                              Chenu        28/15   >   29/16   +
                              Gardie       26/13   >   27/14   +
                              Sorlin       23/12   >   24/13   +
                              Reau         18/4    >   19/6    ++

Mindao       31/15   >   32/16   +
                              Marlot       28/13   >   29/14   +
                              Denis        18/6    >   19/8    ++
                              I'm very pleased with my young forward there. Denis, Denis, I'm so in love with you.

Comment

Originally posted by jdsx View Post
                                Just to go back to a discussion about one of my youths who came into my J4GL* team as a 17/6...

So in today's CR, he is now indeed a 19/9, and worth, allegedly, 37 million.... Hmmm usual debate - sell or keep....

*EDIT: I'm talking complete rubbish of course, I mean in the MLX, not J4GL....
                                Sell and start the process again. Because then you can constantly train your players and buy in a few youngsters. Great work to hit that level.

Comment

Or quit after I trigger the new season and take over Devil Fish Girls, if wiblflibl doesn't return. Seems increasingly likely.

Meanwhile in the Golden League (where of course the Curlies flunked their promotion bid) bargain bucket goalie Don Rust has finally got his DJ after two seasons with a 19 DV, and is "on the path" at 23/10.

Comment

Originally posted by Gawpus View Post

If last season's any guide, this is as good as it gets.
                                    Hmm?

Comment

Reverse jinx? Yeah, reverse jinx.

Comment

X11 Ladies Season 54 Matchday 6 report.

Code:
                                        Division 2b

Ventus United         0 - 0   Viking South Utsira

Division 3d

Drakaina                0 - 0   Gretna Girls FC

Division 4k

Kanjeng Ratu Kidul WFC  1 - 1   Bethanys Binos
                                        Azeite 95'                      Dezembro 21'
                                                                        Maio (sent off) 75'

Mean Girls              0 - 0   Sockford Emollient

Division 5:17

Erbil                   1 - 1   Trollboll FC
                                        Brundin 92'                     Rafael 47'

Division 5:18

Doncaster Belles        0 - 0   LNWR Locomotive

Division 5:19

Instinción CFF          2 - 2   Coxy Ladies Wulpen
                                        Soukko 80'                      Roosens 17'
                                        Åsenlund (pen) 85'              Vandenbergh 69'

Division 5:27

Zeugma Dostluk Spor     2 - 0   K2O3
                                        Forsyth 58', 64'

Division 5:29

Provokator FC           1 - 1   Menywod Maeshafn
                                        Geerlings 61'                   Kjellberg 56'

Division 5:32

Csiki Girls             4 - 2   CFF Avanzadoras
                                        Borgstrand (O.G.) 41'           Bradding 21'
                                        Munoz 56'                       Coppell 23'
                                        Smet 87'
                                        Ackland 90'

Division 6:39

Ullapool Northern Star  6 - 3   Stade Brest
                                        Herrick (O.G.) 13'              Coelho 34', 52'
                                        Kha 31'                         Combie 47'
                                        Mair 49', 75'
                                        Menashi 55'
                                        Fågelberg (pen) 66'

Division 6:42

Solent Sirens           1 - 2   Spandex FC
                                        Abbiati 74'                     Rimpilä 4'
                                                                        Yinn Saleh 70'

Division 6:56

Evil daughters          1 - 0   Dublin City WFC
                                        Lees 9'
                                                                        Mullamaa (sent off) 84'
                                        Viking South Utsira went to bottom-of-the-table Ventus United looking to improve on their mid-table position.
                                        The Blood Eagles dominated possession in the opening half, but didn’t manage to turn that into a scoring opportunity. They continued to hog the ball after the break, in fact having even more of it, and did get some shots away, but to no overall impact. Ventus, meanwhile, had one effort in the entire 90 minutes. Which missed.
                                        The score draw left Velvet Android’s side fourth in Division 2b, four points off the play-offs but only one ahead of the drop zone.

The top two sides in Division 3d clashed as Drakaina welcomed Gretna Girls FC to Delphi.
                                        Laria Sietaridis had the ball in the net for The Dragons after 10 minutes, but her effort was disallowed by Stellan Offsajed. No matter, it was an open game, with chances at both ends. That opening goal was going to come. Surely. Wasn’t it? If either side deserved it it was Drakaina as Etienne’s charges had notably more possession across the 90 minutes. But with the Gretna ‘keeper turning in a grade-21 showing, it wasn’t to be.
                                        Both sides stay unbeaten, and remain in their top two positions in the 3d table, which means Drakaina still have a two point advantage over the chasers. However third-placed Rum Old Girls have drawn level with Gretna Girls, making the race a tighter one than previously.

In a week with many draws, the chances must have been high that Kanjeng Ratu Kidul WFC (three draws out of five games) would end up level with Bethanys Binos.
                                        Not that SeanoftheShed’s players saw it that way as they made all the running in the first half. Only problem – the Binos one attack had resulted in the opening goal on 21 minutes. The Sea Spirits were far enough on top that surely the goals would be coming. They created chance after chance, but found the visitors ‘keeper was always in the right place.
                                        The pattern tipped even more in The Sea Goddesses direction on 75 minutes when the Binos’ Alberta Maio was shown a second yellow card. However, the match entered stoppage time still at 0-1. Deep into stoppage time, in fact. There were 95 minutes on the clock when Kanjeng earned themselves one last chance with a free-kick in shooting range. Leila Azeite stood over it, and proved ice ran in her veins by firing it into the bottom corner. Scenes! And, yes, another draw after all.
                                        Elsewhere in this section, Sockford Emollient had a challenging assignment away at leaders Mean Girls.
                                        Anything The Gatorsharks could take from this game was going to be a bonus, as Mean Girls looked to boss proceedings. However Foxy265’s defence was in fine form and behind them ‘keeper Oianiyi John was playing even better, even though she didn’t have all that much to do. Mean Girls were blanked, which just asked whether Sockford could nick it at the other end for a famous win? Er, no, also zip.
                                        The two draws changed little in the Division 4k standings. Kanjeng stay fifth, ahead of Sockford in sixth on goal difference. Both sides could push well up the table with a good run of results, though.

Where are all the goals? At Erbil’s clash with Trollboll FC, maybe?
                                        Not during the first half, which Jdsx’s side had the better of, but only created one chance during. There was one within two minutes of the restart, but sadly it came for Trollboll. That goal was looking like taking the visitors above Erbil (the two sides were level on points before the game with Erbil ahead on goal difference) as the match approached and passed the 90th minute. There is often on last chance though, and it came for Erbil in the 92nd minute. Sharyn Bullock got to the byline and whipped a ball across that Sandra Brundin, steaming in, meant thunderously to rescue a point.
                                        That kept Erbil just out of the Division 5:17 drop zone as the sixth placed side lost. Trollboll now take that position, showing how tight it is for Erbil at the moment.

Five games in, and we have had three stalemates and two late, late equalisers for OTF sides. Could LNWR Locomotive improve on that at the Keepmoat Stadium as they took on Doncaster Belles?
                                        Er, no, they couldn’t. There was some decent play in midfield in this game particularly from Viktor Boskovic’s team, but noteworthy incidents were rare. In fact, there wasn’t even a substitution. The breakdown of this game just catalogues one minor injury.
                                        The draw felt more like two points dropped by The Steamers than one gained. It also cost them a place in the Division 5:18 table as they drop to third, one point behind the new holders of the play-off spot.

Six games, four goals, six draws. Not the liveliest week in the history of OTF in the official Ladies League. Would Coxy Ladies Wulpen’s trip to Instinción CFF, which was second vs third in their Division, be more entertaining?
                                        The game started well for Wulpen, Laetitia Roosens blasting them ahead from distance after 17 minutes. Following this, though, The Waders appeared to choose to sit back and defend. Instinción had more of the ball and the chances, but couldn’t find a way past Sarah Asselman in the visitors net.
                                        The pattern continued pretty unchanged after the break, Instinción having more of the ball but The Waders holding them at arm-s length. But then, disaster! Wulpen scored again. Laetitia Vandenbergh got it on 69 minutes, but it proved a mistake as it tweaked the tail of the dragon, Instinción pulling one back with their chance and then, with increased belief, winning and converting a penalty to level on 85 minutes. Given how the momentum had changed, Coxy Ladies boss Janik was relived to hold on to a single point.
                                        So we had yet another draw. This one saw the sides remain unchanged in their positions, Wulpen still occupying third in the Division 5:19 standings. They are two points adrift of Instinción and the play-offs.

Eighth time lucky? Zeugma Dostluk Spor didn’t feel likely candidates, as they came in to their game against K2O3 with a 0-3-2 record to their names.
                                        Antepli Ejderha’s charges were not fazed by that record as they set about getting revenge on K2O3 for being pipped to the Division 6:53 title last season. Zeugma were created openings on a regular basis, putting four shots on net in the opening 45 minutes. None of these were converted, but they built pressure and it was no surprise when Rachel Forsyth did open the scoring for the hosts on 58 minutes. Forsyth added a second six minutes later, which built a decisive lead for the Anatolians.
                                        I should have more faith, shouldn’t I? Hopefully the Zeugma faithful were more gritful in backing their team, whose position in Division 5:27 has been much improved by this result. Yes, they are still seventh, but now just two points from safety.

The top two sides in Division 5:29 met when Menywod Maeshafn took on Provokator FC and their nasty objectifying kits.
                                        The Welsh side put in a determined performance, with comfortably more possession and chances than their hosts. That was rewarded in the 56th minute when Simone Kjellberg fired them ahead. Annoyingly, IsThatcherDeadYet’s side were pegged back five minutes later with what would prove Provokator’s only shot of the afternoon. But that was enough to secure the prick in charge of them a point, mores the pity.
                                        Maeshafn remain second in the 5:29 standings, three points behind their opponents here. You’ll get them in the return game, AE...

Comment

A day of 0-0 draws sounds like the sort of thing Csiki Girls used to be entirely comfortable with. No longer, ad hoc’s side are now a vibrant attacking outfit with a somewhat leaky defence. The latest team they set out to score more goals than were CFF Avanzadoras.
                                          The match didn’t start at all well for The Csiki’s as Avanzadoras struck twice in three minutes midway through the first half to move two goals ahead. That was rather against the run of play, but it could have lead to a funk if the Csiki’s hadn’t pulled a goal back before the interval. Fortunately they did, and they could thank an Avanzadoras player for it as Nelly Borgstrand put through her own net.
                                          Csiki Girls went up several gears after the break, Eleena Munoz firing them level on 56 minutes and then spending the rest of the match banging on the visitors door. That was finally caved in on 87 minutes, Floriane Smet breaking away to score, Norma Ackland adding a near carbon copy three minutes later as Avanzadoras heads dropped.
                                          The two sides were only separated by a single point before the game, but after it Csiki Girls stayed second in Division 5:32 whilst their vanquished foes plunged to fifth. The Csiki’s are two points behind the leaders and four ahead of third.

Lots of the goals were at A kertem, but even more of them were to be found at Minchview where Ullapool Northern Star and Stade Brest would play out a wild game.
                                          The visitors were the first to strike but did so in the wrong net, Brenda Herrick miskicking to give Ullapool the lead after 13 minutes. Ninorta Kha added to that on 31 minutes with a direct free-kick, but with shed loads of chances at both ends that was unlikely to be the end of the scoring. And indeed it was 2-2 soon after half-time after the Bretons pulled themselves back in to it.
                                          That was pretty against the run of play, Northern Star having two chances for every one for Brest, so there was a sense of justice in the stands when Mary-Leslie Mair restored the advantage two minutes later. Suddenly each attack seemed to produce a goal, Brest inflaming the home crowd by levelling again on 52 minutes only for Sonia Menashi to edge the Scots ahead for the third time with 55 on the clock.
                                          Sonja Fågelberg stroked home from the penalty spot on 66 minutes, but having seen her side have and blown a two goal lead once already Ullapool boss Delicatemoth couldn’t relax until Mair made it 6-3 on 75 minutes.
                                          And at that point, both sides gave up on scoring due to exhaustion. What was the effect on the table of the wild win? Not a great deal. Northern Star remain third in Division 6:39, a point behind second and three adrift of the leaders as both these sides won their games in less dramatic fashion.

Solent Sirens were up against a dubious outfit in Spandex FC.
                                          The match was third against second, but it was one The Sirens needed to win as the gap between the two teams was already five points before the start of play. Sadly for Solent it was a match that was going wrong from the very early stages, Spandex opening the scoring after just 4 minutes. They added a second with 70 on the clock, and though Geovana Abbiati pulled one back just four mintues later, it would prove a mere consolation strike for Solent, and not much of a consolation at that.
                                          This is because The Sirens now find themselves eight points adrift of where they want to be. They are still third in Division 6:42, but if the top two keep up their winning records (both are still 100%) that will be an unbridgeable gap for Andrew7610’s side.

Mortal Joe wasn’t able to be there for Dublin City WFC this week, which left his side at the mercy of Evil daughters.
                                          The hosts took the lead after 9 minutes, and largely controlled proceedings thereafter. They didn’t get a second though, and with a different ref Dublin might have emerged with something from the game. But not with Hans Grüber, who first disallowed a Brady Dunganstown strike and then sent Ede Mullamaa off for two yellow cards. That ended Dublin’s chances of getting anything from the game.
                                          Defeat means Dublin stay sixth in the Division 6:56 table, but are now way adrift of Evil daughters, who currently hold second place.

Comment

Excellent as ever Janik. Well, there was a pleasant and completely unexpected surprise as former no-hopers Framley Imaginaire are the Heineken League team of the month for February. Really pleased with that so just watch us go and blow it tonight at Columbus Crew.

Comment

Told you so, lost 3-1

Comment

I have only just realised that I have a male in my Human League team - Rich Adams, who is 37 and has an extremely hairy chest. Anybody else experience this bug?

Comment

Yes, midfielder Therese Tallien arrived from the academy with her female name but quite clearly a male avatar. I think I contacted the Admins.

And on the subject of the Human League I've quickly triggered the new season before anyone could leave. And delighted to see that Kev is sticking around, at least for now.

Comment

X11 Ladies Season 54 Matchday 7 report.

Code:
                                                    Division 2b

Viking South Utsira     1 - 1   Roy Rovers
                                                    H.Hovland 54'                   Berri 75'

Division 3d

Drakaina                0 - 1   Fair Maidens of FISO
                                                                                    Gudlandur 64'

Division 4k

Mean Girls              1 - 0   Kanjeng Ratu Kidul WFC
                                                    Coco 6'

Sockford Emollient      0 - 1   Eva e Tampa FC
                                                                                    Osawa 21'

Division 5:17

Husmorskolen            0 - 5   Erbil
                                                                                    Genghini 8'
                                                                                    Bullock 25'
                                                                                    Granå 50', (pen) 70'
                                                                                    Sharpe 60'

Division 5:18

LNWR Locomotive         2 - 3   Chili Babes
                                                    Severinsson 57', 70'            Dovblom 6'
                                                                                    Svenson 52'
                                                                                    Beltrão 72'

Division 5:19

Coxy Ladies Wulpen      3 - 0   Athletic Mizil
                                                    Leroy 4'
                                                    van Sttenberghe 34'
                                                    Wostijn 89'

Division 5:27

Zeugma Dostluk Spor     0 - 0   Fantasy Factory

Division 5:29

Menywod Maeshafn        3 - 1   The Blue Tits
                                                    Barker 51'                      Belsås 81'
                                                    Boye 54'
                                                    Bellamont 92'

Division 5:32

Lady Chatterley F. C.   0 - 0   Csiki Girls

Division 6:39

Ullapool Northern Star  5 - 0   Spice Girls
                                                    Menashi 12', 26'
                                                    Kha 31'
                                                    Lovell 41'
                                                    Barkho 63'

Division 6:42

Solent Sirens           5 - 0   Almighty Ladies
                                                    Agra 13'
                                                    Valdano 26'
                                                    Hyeong 73'
                                                    de Beauvoir 90', 92'

Division 6:56

Dublin City WFC         1 - 1   Jackie Brown
                                                    Kåmark 68'                      Hude (pen) 83'
                                                    The final match of the opening half of the season for Viking South Utsira saw them welcome Roy Rovers to Ragnar Rock.
                                                    The visitors arrived second in the table, and it was they who looked the most likely through the first half. However, the match reached half-time goalless, and somewhat against the run of play it was The Blood Eagles who struck first, Heidi Hovland bursting clear to finish in the 54th minute.
                                                    Could Velvet Android’s side hold on to this advantage? For 20 minutes, yes, but unfortunately there were closer to 40 to play. The damage was limited to one though, which meant a point for the North Sea Islanders.
                                                    That wasn’t enough to keep them out of the Division 2b drop zone as other results went against VSU. They sit sixth at the turn, a point from safety.

There is a chance Viking will be passing Drakaina as Etienne’s side push for promotion from Division 3d. Their latest game on that front was at Delphi against Fair Maidens of FISO.
                                                    The Dragons came into the game top of the table, but just couldn’t get going against a well organised FISO effort; every time a home player got the ball, an opponent seemed to be standing right in her preferred passing lane. That opened up the Greeks for a sucker punch, which FISO delivered just past the hour mark.
                                                    The defeat was Drakaina’s first of the season, but as a result they have lost top spot in the table, dropping to second by a point.

Kanjeng Ratu Kidul WFC were looking to break out of a run that had seen them draw too many games when they visited Mean Girls.
                                                    The Sea Spirits had ended all square in four of their first six league games, but getting a fifth draw was swiftly a target as their hosts went ahead after 6 minutes. Kanjeng lost young defender Andrin Pitoyo to a 10-day injury soon after, but that didn’t stop them creating enough chances to have won the game. Sadly for SeanoftheShed’s side, they couldn’t convert any of their five clear goalscoring opportunities, so the run of draws was broken. Just not in the way anyone at the Merapi-Kraton-South Sea stadium had hoped.
                                                    That opened the door for Sockford Emollient to leapfrog out of the relegation zone if they could get anything from their game with Eva e Tampa FC.
                                                    Foxy265’s charges found themselves mostly forced a little on to the back foot though as their visitors played well. The Gatorsharks were behind on 21 minutes, and grateful to referee Tony Nolan for a whistle on the hour mark that prevented the scoreline getting worse. However, it wasn’t to get any better either, remaining at 0-1 until the conclusion.
                                                    Those results left the two OTF sides next to each other in the Division 4k table, but with the relegation cut line between them. Kanjeng sit just the right side of it, Sockford the wrong. Both sides have 7 points, but Kanjeng’s goal difference is significantly better.

Fifth-placed Erbil went to a Husmorskolen side a place above themselves in the table expecting a tough, tight game.
                                                    Erbil boss Jdsx was presumably very happy with his side’s first half showing, Natalie Genghini heading them ahead on 8 minutes, fellow midfielder Sharyn Bullock doubling he advantage on 25 minutes.
                                                    Pleasure may have turned into beatific bemusement when Sabina Granå headed a third on 50 minutes and Rosaline Sharpe fired in a fourth 10 minutes later. A further 10 down the line and Granå was lining one up from the spot, which she stroked home to make it 5-0 to the away side.
                                                    Often in games such as these one of the teams will have selected a young back-up ‘keeper. And indeed, in this game, one did: Erbil! Husmorskolen were essentially at full strength, which makes their annihilation all the more remarkable. It wasn’t enough to left Erbil any spots up the Division 5:17 table, but it did take them to within a point of their vanquished foes. And also increased their advantage over the drop zone to two points.

LNWR Locomotive had a challenge on their hands when they hosted runaway leaders of Division 5:18 Chili Babes.
                                                    The visitors were still 100% for the (league) season, and swiftly showed why when they went ahead after 6 minutes. Tekla Severinsson thought she had equalised for The Steamers on 31 minutes only for referee George Buske to intervene for not entirely clear reasons. The two teams exchanged strikes prior to the hour mark, Chili Babes going 2-0 up but Severinsson responding and this time seeing her effort count.
                                                    Her header from a 70th minute corner also stood as Viktor Boskovic’s side fought back to be all square. Parity wasn’t to be long-lived though as Chili Babes went back in front just two minutes later. That seemed to wind Locomotive as they didn’t score again and fell 3-2.
                                                    The defeat saw LNWR lose a place to drop to fourth in the 5:18 standings.

The final game of the first half of the season saw Coxy Ladies Wulpen take on strugglers Athletic Mizil.
                                                    The hosts were ahead after just four minutes, Zoe Leroy firing in a direct free-kick and were comfortable half-an-hour later when Eva van Sttenberghe headed home. In between Janik’s side had lost young midfielder Christelle Onjens to a 9-day injury but with other youthful players on the bench the balance wasn’t badly affected and Aurelie Wostijn made it 3-0 just before the end.
                                                    Wulpen are third in the Division 5:19 table at the mid-point, two points off a play-off spot but rather further behind the leaders.

There was no market on the result of Zeugma Dostluk Spor’s clash with Fantasy Factory. Not with the hosts record reading 1-3-2- 3-3 and the visitors 1-5-0 7-6.
                                                    Everybody knows a 0-0 when they see one, and in this case everybody was right. Antepli Ejderha’s girls actually had a few chances in the game, but couldn’t convert any of the three. Fantasy Factory constructed nothing of interest in the entire 90+ minutes.
                                                    The draw keeps Zeugma seventh in Division 5:27, two points from safety, which is their opponents in this game. And, of course, also the next one...

Menywod Maeshafn took on a side likely engaging in single entendre in The Blue Tits. However, they have nothing else objectionable about them, so I’m going to call them by their full name whilst making a sour face. There.
                                                    The match started badly for Maeshafn, Tina Käck going down with a 10-day injury just six minutes in. It took the Welsh side a while to settle after that, in fact it took a half-time talk from the boss to spur them to life, but having given it IsThatcherDeadYet was rewarded with two goals in four minutes from Katherine Barker and Lisha Boye to make it 2-0 to his side early in the second half.
                                                    The visitors set up a grandstand finish by pulling one back on 81 minutes, the points not being secure for Maeshafn until Justine Bellamont scored in stoppage time.
                                                    That finally sealed the win that keeps Maeshafn second in the Division 5:29 table, three points behind the leaders and goal difference ahead of third.

The top two sides in Division 5:32 met when Csiki Girls took on Lady Chatterley F. C. on her own patch.
                                                    The game would prove something of a stalemate as neither side could regularly pry the other defence open. The stalemate probably suited ad hoc’s side the better as they were away from home, but the A kertem fans will be hoping for a much better game in this week’s return meeting of the sides.
                                                    Csiki Girls remain second in Division 5:32 despite the dropped points. They are two points behind Lady Chatterley and two ahead of Universitatea Cluj, who sit third.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X