No announcement yet.

X11 season 45 - de rigueur Mortis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was a pleasure Sir Alan thanks for the opportunity.

Comment

So how do TABLE, TR and TD work then?

Nice quick work Sean and Kev BTW

Comment

Solid CR for the Swine: eleven single jumps, one drop, no retirements announced.

And goalie Joost van Rijswijck is up to 30/17.

Comment

Fairly unremarkable CR for Four Candles. Only one DJ, but it was my young MF, who came in as a 17/5 last season, and has now jumped from a 18/6 to a 19/8. Now, do I keep or sell....8 million econs is tempting for a broke club like ours....?

Comment

Originally posted by jdsx View Post
            Fairly unremarkable CR for Four Candles. Only one DJ, but it was my young MF, who came in as a 17/5 last season, and has now jumped from a 18/6 to a 19/8. Now, do I keep or sell....8 million econs is tempting for a broke club like ours....?
            Keep. If you get another set of single jumps in the next two seasons then you'll be looking at a much higher value.

The change report for Zeugmaspor was as expected. That's life as a yoyo club. I've resisted the temptation for wholesale changes but if my youth academy delivers a couple of prospects then I'll be selling a couple of midfielders.

Comment

A disappointing CR for Hideous given that the squad is so small everyone played virtually every game last season. Now I need to get on with adding to our 13-man squad.

Comment

Originally posted by Antepli Ejderha View Post

Keep. If you get another set of single jumps in the next two seasons then you'll be looking at a much higher value.
                Yeah I've pretty much decided to keep him anyway, AE. According to my calculations, he's gone from a 6.3 to a 7.8 this season. So if I can get him up to 18DV for the next two or three seasons, he might even become a 21/11 or 22/12, and then I can sell him..... (Or keep him in the hope that he becomes a 25/15......etc. etc....)

Comment

Change Reports for both Framley Imaginaire and Whoft Fluffopolis can be summed up easily in one word. That word is 'meh'.

Comment

X11 Ladies Season 54 Matchday 2 report.

Code:
                    Division 2b

FC Sprezzatura                  1 - 0        Viking South Utsira
                    Tufvander 21'

Division 3d

Chelsea Ladies FC            1 - 2        Drakaina
                    Tone 69'                                               Gitsis 3'
                                                                                    Petit 32'

Division 4k

Eva e Tampa FC                 1 - 0        Kanjeng Ratu Kidul WFC
                    Iruretagoyena 87'

Sockford Emollient          2 - 1        Bolton Ladies College
                    Abdul-Muttalib 43'                          Haaland 85'
                    Conrad 80'

Division 5:17

San Francisco                     0 - 0        Erbil

Division 5:18

LNWR Locomotive                           0 - 2        Tartan Tawties FC
                                                                                    Rydström 32'
                                                                                    Brolin 80'

Division 5:19

Coxy Ladies Wulpen       1 - 1        Belle Ends
                    Kerckhoeven 82'                                              Laurence (pen) 36'

Division 5:27

SAMCRO                                              1 - 0        Zeugma Dostluk Spor
                    Roarke 78'

Division 5:29

Menywod Maeshafn     3 - 0        Danis Ladies
                    Beck 10'
                    Westerberg 12'
                    Bellamont 32'

Division 5:32

Csiki Girls                             3 - 0        Don Goyo
                    Neaves 4'
                    Igreja 30'
                    Bröker 91'

Division 6:39

Kirkby Rangers FC            0 - 1        Ullapool Northern Star
                                                                                    Kha 5'

Division 6:42

Loch Ness Lassies             0 - 2        Solent Sirens
                                                                                    Agra 4'
                                                                                    de Beauvoir 67'

Division 6:56

Dublin City WFC                                0 - 2        Inter Petrila
                                                                                    Montero 50'
                                                                                    Aquinna 64'
                    Viking South Utsira were looking to build on an opening day draw when they visited FC Sprezzatura.
                    The sides came into the game on very different trajectories, The Blood Eagles looking to bounce back after relegation from Division 1 whilst Sprezzatura had been promoted as champions of one of the Division 3’s. It was they who got off to the better start, going 1-0 up after 21 minutes. Velvet Android’s side steady themselves, and stepped it up a bit after the break, but they couldn’t find the equaliser.
                    One point from their opening two games leaves Utsira seventh in the early Division 2b standings.

Week 2 sent Drakaina to face off with Chelsea Ladies FC and their objectionable bunny-themed kit.
                    The good guys started well, Elena Gitsis firing The Dragons ahead as early as the 3rd minute. That set the tone for a dominant first half performance from Etienne’s side, which was rewarded with another strike, this one from Sandrine Petit, with 32 on the clock.
                    Chelsea came more into the game after the break, and reduced arrears on 69 minutes. That could have caused some Greek hearts to flutter, particularly when injury forced them down to 10 players for the final five minutes plus stoppage time (Sandra Byzhyti picking up an 11-day injury), but the side held out to make it two wins out of two this season.
                    Despite the win, Drakaina actually lost a place in the nascent Division 3d standings, Rum Old Girls winning sufficiently well to take over at the summit on goal difference. The top two meet next week in an early significant match.

Kanjeng Ratu Kidul WFC were on the road for their third game, visiting a side I’m going to call Eva e Tampa FC, which is quite close to their real name.
                    Given how objectionable the full title actually is, and how this game didn’t go as SeanoftheShed’s side would have had in mind, I’m going to keep this brief. The hosts won 1-0 with a late strike whilst the Sea Spirits didn’t manage an attempt on goal worthy of the name all match.
                    Would there be better news from Framleyshire, where Sockford Emollient hosted Bolton Ladies College.
                    Well, the names of the teams at John Spencer Street were rather more wholesome, so this game is already ahead. It stayed that way as The Gatorsharks took the game by the scruff of the neck. Foxy265’s charges were well on top before the interval but didn’t break through until the 43rd minute when closed season signing Wafaa Abdul-Muttalib fired her first for the club.
                    The second period was again more closely contested, but even so it was Sockford who went further ahead, Maci Conrad netting with 10 minutes to play. In the immediate aftermath, the assumption was that Conrad’s goal sealed victory, but then Bolton had the ball in the Emollient goal twice in the next five minutes. Fortunately for the hosts, the first of these was disallowed and the second was as good as it got for Bolton College.
                    Two weeks in to the Division 4k campaign, and both OTF sides have three points, Kanjeng sitting third in the table and Sockford fifth.

Another club needed censoring were up against Erbil. I’ll call them the San Francisco Ladies team.
                    The game itself was little to write home about. Hosted Erbil had a couple of chances but so did Frisco, both split one in each half. Such was the ineffectiveness of the visitor’s attack, not even an 11-day injury to Erbil ‘keeper Jun Kinniyaka and her replacement with a defender could make Erbil easy to break down.
                    The draw sees Erbil drop from top of the Division 5:17 standings to sit fourth, two points adrift of the leading pair.

A famous name in this Division came a-visiting Mollington Street as LNWR Locomotive hosted Tartan Tawties FC.
                    It would turn out the day belonged to the visitors as The Steamers failed to get going. Tartan Tawties did get more in to gear in the first half and were rewarded with goals on 32 and 80 minutes, Viktor Boskovic’s charges making only one shooting opening themselves.
                    Defeat, their second out of two games, saw Locomotive slid down to seventh in the Division 5:18 table.

Coxy Ladies Wulpen had an opening win behind them when they welcomed Belle Ends to the Curlew’s Nest.
                    The Waders had the ball in the net as early as the 7th minute, but Will Taykabribe and nominative determinism meant Aurelie Wostijn’s effort was ruled out. After that it was the fnarr named visitors (whose name is crass, but not misogynistic at least) who looked the stronger, taking a deserved lead from the spot [raises eyebrow] on 36 minutes.
                    A bit of a rant from boss Janik got a livelier performance from Coxy Ladies after the break, but it was still 1-0 to the Belle’s going into the final 10 minutes. However, on 82, a ball dropped nicely for Noémie Kerckhoeven and she rescued a rather lucky point for Wulpen.
                    Wulpen moved down a couple of places to third in Division 5:19’s early standings on the back of the dropped points.

Zeugma Dostluk Spor got a draw in their first match after promotion, which was an OK start depending on how things go in the next few games. That run started with their visit to SAMCRO.
                    Antepli Ejderha’s side were looking to play on the counter-attack, and this strategy went well in the first half as 44% possession was translated into two shots to zero. The only thing missing was a goal. And that proved costly, as SAMCRO made a couple of chances after the break, and netted one on 78 minutes.
                    That was enough for the hosts to win, as Zeugma’s only second half opportunity was thwarted. The defeat left the Anatolians seventh in the Division 5:27 ladder with one point from two games. It’s just about right for the performances to date, even if the order was the wrong way around.

Having come so close to promotion last term, Menywod Maeshafn will be looking for a strong start to this campaign. That meant IsThatcherDeadYet’s side really needed to beat Danis Ladies and put an open day loss behind them.
                    How did they do in pursuing that? Well, let’s say the performance was determined and the focus laser like. The first half was a whirlwind in the visitors half, and six yard box. Maeshafn were two to the good within 12 minutes, Morgan Beck nodding the opener and then swinging over a corner two minutes later for Ada Westerberg to repeat the trick.
                    Crosses continued to be extremely threatening to Danis, Justine Bellamont getting her head to one in the 32nd minute to make it 3-0. That moreorless settled the match, Maeshafn easing off thereafter. A minor scare from the visitors with a disallowed strike aside, it was completely justified.
                    The Welsh side sit fourth in the Division 5:29 table at this stage.

Historically something of a low scoring side, Csiki Girls had an explosive opening day as they ran up a 3-1 scoreline. That performance prompted a big crowd to come along to A kertem to see if ad hoc’s side would do it again against Don Goyo.
                    The start couldn’t have been better, Robin Neaves firing the Csiki’s ahead as early as the 4th minute. When that advantage was doubled on the half-hour by Carlota Igreja, it was two shots from two goals for the hosts, and the cynical old hands in the crowd were nodding and saying “Now they will shut up shop”.
                    How wrong they were, the Csiki’s producing a sustained flurry of attacking throughout the second 45 minutes. Strangely, it didn’t produce the goal it deserved until stoppage time, Julia Bröker crashing in from range to send the fans home very happy.
                    This new look rapaciously attacking Csiki’s team currently holds second place in the Division 5:32 standings. They are one of three sides with a 100% record to date.

Comment

There ought to have been little culture shock when a side from a remote area of Scotland, Ullapool Northern Star travelled to the North York Moors to take on a similarly isolated English side, Kirkby Rangers FC.
                      It certainly didn’t take Northern Star long to settle, Ninorta Kha’s direct free-kick putting Delicatemoth’s side ahead in the 5th minute. That goal would prove rather valuable, as the sides mostly cancelled each other out after that. No more chances were to be hand in the first half, and though Kirkby had the ball in the Ullapool net immediately after the restart, it was ruled out.
                      A second-half chance a piece were spurned as the game finished 1-0 to the visitors, which got their promotion push underway after a narrow Matchday 1 defeat against an expected Division 6:39 promotion rival. Ullapool currently sit sixth in the table, on three points, but it’s still extremely early days.

Another England-Scotland confrontation but with rather more cultural differences sent Solent Sirens way north to face Loch Ness Lassies.
                      Despite this, The Sirens were ahead even earlier than Ullapool, forward Brígida Agra getting her first for the club following her closed season signing (7+million!) in the 4th minute. That set the tone for a dominant performance from Andrew7610’s side, and though it took until midway through the second-half for Simone de Beauvoir to make it two, Solent always looked comfortable.
                      The Sirens sit third in the nascent Division 6:42 table, two points behind the leading pair.

And finally Dublin City WFC against a familiar foe, Inter Petrila.
                      Sadly boss Mortal Joe was absent again, and when that was combined with a 7-day injury for Rita Cruz in the 20th minute, which forced here from the field, that proved terminal. Petrila controlled proceedings, and eventually broke through twice after the break to seal the win.
                      Dublin currently prop up the Division 6:56 table.

Comment

So we seem to have 5 or possibly 6 'dead' teams in OTF....has anyone thought about.....re-organisation....?

Comment

4x9=36
                          36-6=30
                          30=3x10

Comment

Originally posted by Wouter D View Post
                            4x9=36
                            36-6=30
                            30=3x10
                            Well that's kind of what I was thinking of....just out of interest, which team would be '10th' in the OTF league. Just asking for a friend like... #noulteriormotive

Comment

Originally posted by jdsx View Post

Well that's kind of what I was thinking of....just out of interest, which team would be '10th' in the OTF league. Just asking for a friend like... #noulteriormotive
                              You know how I am always advocating smaller divisions, of eight or even fewer teams? Guess which team would miss out on their promotion to the top flight if such a scenario would be implemented this time...

Comment

Originally posted by Wouter D View Post

You know how I am always advocating smaller divisions, of eight or even fewer teams? Guess which team would miss out on their promotion to the top flight if such a scenario would be implemented this time...
                                Ah yes, that would be the Kneebiters then.... Yeah I must admit I'd rather have small divisions as well. Maybe we could stretch to 4 x 8......

Comment

I think it's five rather than six, as Wibl was looking to cull his other teams if I read him right? So that leaves 31. A zombie would allow 4 x 8 I suppose, which would be nice.

Comment

I guess that very sad personal issues may have contributed to Lokomotiv Noj and Wednesday de la Zouch's inactivity. Perhaps ad hoc could enquire whether they would like their teams to be kept. No rush of course.

Comment

All the best to them both, and ad hoc, regardless of X11.

Comment

And in utterly trivial news, I saw this today when coming out of the local railway station:

The year of the pig! Surely it's a sign?

Comment

One of my teams just received three youths on three consecutive days. Almost never get anything till the 30 day-mark usually. It's my one team which isn't short of cash, so consequently it's a 5-star academy, although the three youths aren't anything to write home about, really....

Comment

It's weird. I remember (years ago when I funded all mine properly) the Noirs de Bigorre academy popped out two on consecutive days, each worth about 4m.

Comment

Gaffney Globular confirmed as GLX B champions. To try and avoid the embarrassing relegation of last year, time to push out the big guns and ask for a name change to Billberry Buryborry. The only team in the Framchise not to be relegated after 1 season in the MLX; they managed to survive for 2 consecutive seasons once upon a time .

Comment

Zalec Zmaj continue to be a dilemma. A surprise win over United Underground leaves open the possibility of a playoff slot - though it's still in UU's hands as we have a bye week now. But our VIP is going to disappear imminently and I can't expect another months VIP gift - especially not from my rival for a playoff position!

Comment

Etienne, doesn't your position in the league hold until the end of the season anyway?

Comment

I don't think so.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X