Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Screenshot_20221108-223442_Maps.jpg

Comment

Looks southern English to me, not much to work with though.

Any idea what that... wavy roof? next to the lamp post in the middle of the second picture could be?

Comment

Curious, isn't it?

Perhaps a massive fan of Toblerone?
        Last edited by ursus arctos; 09-11-2022, 02:18.

Comment

Great spot on COTA Sean. I thought the angles might just disguise it as an airfield for a bit, though the tyre (sorry, tire) marks in the first picture give a pretty strong clue I suppose.

Comment

Originally posted by Fussbudget View Post
            Looks southern English to me, not much to work with though.

Any idea what that... wavy roof? next to the lamp post in the middle of the second picture could be?
            A row of almshouses maybe?

Comment

Here are your wavy roofs. I had to go from this angle to keep the builders details out of shot.

Screenshot_20221109-071046_Maps.jpg

Comment

And here is a shot looking back towards the first location from the other side of the blue house.

Screenshot_20221109-072345_Maps.jpg

Comment

Back to the crossroads.

Screenshot_20221109-110031_Maps.jpg

Comment

This place is well known btw.

Comment

That chapel reminds me of Cornwall but the rest doesn’t especially.

Comment

It reminds me a bit of the Methodist churches around here which are mostly no longer churches. Are those solar panels on the roof? Fair play

Comment

It is very flat, which makes me wonder about East Anglia, though VA would know much better.

I also don't know how common non-conformist chapels are there.

Comment

Fair point, it could be somewhere like the Somerset Levels or Lincolnshire as well (have we got someone from Lincolnshire on the board? *raises eyebrow*)

Comment

I've been trying to read the name of the estate agent on that sign, but can;t quite manage it. somethingworth? There are methodist chapels that could look like this in East Anglia I can confirm, though i suspect there are in much of the country

Comment

It's the fact it's a dead straight road that's piqued my interest. And one that's not been turned into a major "A" road like the A21 or A10.There aren't many of those in the south west (and, as we've said, it's flat). I've had a brief look up and down something called Stone Street south of Canterbury but I can't find anything.
                                Last edited by Rogin the Armchair fan; 09-11-2022, 12:53.

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
                                  I've been trying to read the name of the estate agent on that sign, but can;t quite manage it. somethingworth?
                                  Is it Belvoir? They seem to be nationwide unfortunately

Comment

Ah. yes it is that.

Comment

I got excited when I found it but it's no help at all is it!

Comment

Fair point, it could be somewhere like the Somerset Levels or Lincolnshire as well (have we got someone from Lincolnshire on the board? *raises eyebrow*)
                                        *Waves hand.*

Comment

Aha, you had the area here. Found it. Start spreading the news...

Comment

Such a long straight, flat and yet still minor road could potentially be the Fens or thereabouts, but I've got nothing better than that.

Edit: Ah, I see Kev is already on it regardless!
                                            Last edited by Various Artist; 09-11-2022, 13:19.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean of the Shed View Post

*Waves hand.*
                                              Yes I thought so!

Comment

Oh! New York, Lincs

Can't see the blue house though and not sure what Kev's up to

Comment

Sorry, still singing Sinatra.

Comment

Wavy roofs (rooves?)

All my views are very slightly different from Sean's though, might be another weird timeshift there

Comment

Working...
                                                    X