No announcement yet.

"Where am I?" Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well done. On Labdarúgó (Footballer) Street.

(I walked past it a couple of weeks ago and was amused by the name, and mentally added it to potential places for this thread)

Edit :Picture I took of the street sign
    IMG_20221027_121819.jpg

Comment

I knew we would be near a ground, and as soon as you said there was a clue in pic 3 I thought it must be the graffiti, and assumed it was a U rather than a J.
      I checked Craiova first but their ground is way too modern.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean of the Shed View Post
        I knew we would be near a ground, and as soon as you said there was a clue in pic 3 I thought it must be the graffiti, and assumed it was a U rather than a J.
        I checked Craiova first but their ground is way too modern.
        It was the graffiti I was thinking of and it was both the almost discernable letters U and T (though the value of the second would only work if you knew the team by the initials UTE), and the colour they were painted in

Comment

Here's a new one.

Screenshot_20221110-085954_Maps.jpg

Comment

Driving on the left judging by the parking angles. This sort of parking arrangement is popular in Aussie country towns but the trees look quite Western Europe.

Comment

Ooh, the ute (pickup) on the left has a snorkel which is also very Oz.

Comment

Ooh, slanted street parking. It's weird how excited I am by, and how foreign it feels to me from the UK. Even places the have non parallel parked street parking (the Oxford of my childhood?) are all at ninety degrees to the pavement.

Comment

From the northwest direction to the northeast.

Screenshot_20221110-104630_Maps.jpg

Comment

That is seriously Australian. Wish I knew where the hell it was.

Comment

Coastal Queensland I think.

Comment

What's the thing in the middle of the road on the first picture? Is it a slightly odd tree? Or something else?

Comment

Or considering Sean’s history it could be Tamworth NSW.

Comment

So is this the same place as picture #1? I can’t get anything like the right angle if it is.

Comment

Gotcha. I need to get to bed now so someone else should go. Back in abut 8 hours.

Comment

Originally posted by Sits View Post
                                Or considering Sean’s history it could be Tamworth NSW.
                                Am I that obvious?

Comment

OK reverse angles, same spot, nebulous OTF link.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Sean of the Shed View Post

Am I that obvious?
                                      Well you could have made Tamworth more obvious if you’d featured The Big Guitar. What with it being the boot scootin’ capital of the nation.

Comment

Ooh cheers Sits, you've given us a Fiat Uno in the first pic I believe, to add to my StreetView collection thereof.

I'm thinking Eastern Europe as the other cars look mostly of '80s and '90s vintage – I think I'm seeing something like a VW Passat and the white one in the second pic has Astra-like lights though I'm wondering if it might even be the saloon equivalent the Belmont or whatever the Opel version was called.

Comment

Yellow number plates and palm trees though?

Comment

Well I was wondering about the Eastern Med somewhere perhaps. I'm perfectly happy to be proved utterly wrong in short order of course.

Comment

Oh I wouldn't listen to me, especially about the trees. Cyprus had yellow plates until a few years ago so that's doable depending on how old the StreetView is*. Gibraltar has yellow back plates, there might be more in Southern Europe

* just realised the Fiat is clearly a left-hand drive so not Cyprus
                                              Last edited by Fussbudget; 11-11-2022, 00:22.

Comment

I think there's some non-Roman script, possibly Arabic, just above the white car in the second picture (the car with somebody coming out of it which almost made me jump when I noticed.)

I can't tell if the bunting is all red, white and blue (and possibly linked to a national celebration of some kind then) or just random colours. Arabic script and red, white and blue flag must be quite a small overlap though so it's probably the latter

Comment

Another thing, and this is a probably stretch, but I was wondering if it might be an ex-Dutch colony because the shape of the water tower really reminds me of some of the ones you get in Holland e.g. this or this or this

Edit: then again Israel is full of water towers that look like this AND it's in the Eastern Med AND it has yellow plates so it could be a decent candidate
                                                  Last edited by Fussbudget; 11-11-2022, 01:12.

Comment

The script looks Arabic, but it's not clear enough to be sure. If so, Arabic + yellow license plates + having streetview doesn't seem to be a large set.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X