X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's the blue house https://www.google.com/maps/@53.0791...7i16384!8i8192

Comment

Ah yes, Papa Smurf's house, thank you.

Having said that the Belvoir thing was useless I actually found the spot using their property listings (this one specifically - once I saw there was a New York in Lincs I thought it was worth a look just in case)

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin S View Post
        Start spreading the news...
        Christ, had to google that. Do you want to go next as you got there first and I might be a while?

Comment

I snuck in and did the previous one, so would rather someone else dives in.

Comment

Here you go then
            waig3.jpg

Comment

Same location, opposite direction
              waig4.jpg

Comment

Why would anyone fly the St George's flag in their garden (normally the very indication of one of "them") if their house is painted Euro blue? Very odd.
                Last edited by Rogin the Armchair fan; 09-11-2022, 14:12.

Comment

We've had light posts like that in Hungary and Romania before. They're probably more widespread.

Comment

Is that white building possibly the back of a small stadium?

Comment

The tower looks like it could be a disused water tower for steam locomotives

Comment

Moved down past the water tower (which i am pretty sure had nothing to do with railways) and the big chimney (we are sort of in the shadow of it here)

waig5.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Rogin the Armchair fan View Post
                          Why would anyone fly the St George's flag in their garden (normally the very indication of one of "them") if their house is painted Euro blue? Very odd.
                          Looks more Tory blue or possibly even closer I would go with Wedgwood Jasperware blue.
                          Not surprised by the St George flag considering the Boston area was the most Brexity part of the UK. It's possible that some of the surrounding villages would have been close to 100% leave.

Comment

Ooh, there's a sign hiding in the branches of the last view. Can't make it out clearly, unfortunately.. Maybe someone with better eyes or screen can.

Comment

Looks like a maximum speed sign. Not clear enough to use the Wiki comparison page, though.

Comment

Originally posted by S. aureus View Post
                                We've had light posts like that in Hungary and Romania before. They're probably more widespread.
                                I think we had some in Greece as well although I'm not getting a particularly strong Greek vibe off this. I don't know what to make of this scene to be honest, the cars have European-style plates but those trees look unfamilar to me, especially the stuff behind the first lamp post in picture one. Without context I would have placed that vegetation as Asian I think. Turkey maybe? I might be totally off though.

I'm intrigued by that big curved shape you can see a hint of at the back of last picture, it looks a bit like a gas or oil storage tank

Comment

I am getting the hint of a blue EU band on the left side of some of the number plates, so perhaps Eastern Europe rather than Turkey.

Bulgaria?

Comment

With the chimneys and potential oil/gas storage tank, are we looking at a power station?

Comment

Turkish number plates have a blue stripe on the left as well. Not suggesting it with any great conviction though, the buildings don't look all that Turkish to me.

If it wasn't for the trees I'd be fully on board with Romania/Bulgaria. The total lack of small French cars strikes me as a little unusual for that region but not impossible

Comment

Originally posted by S. aureus View Post
                                        With the chimneys and potential oil/gas storage tank, are we looking at a power station?
                                        Going back and forth on this but the installation looks a little too minimal to me for a power station unless there's some serious cropping going on. Although maybe ad hoc is going to blindside us and there's actually something really wacky at the top of that chimney, like a revolving restaurant or a giant statue of Demis Roussos

Comment

It looks more like a Renaissance wannabee clock tower than a chimney to me

Along the lines of Union Station in Waterbury, Connecticut

Comment

Although the forest of mobile phone antennae doesn't really enhance the Renaissance vibe.

Comment

Just woken up so some clues.

You have mentioned the right country
                                              Something on picture 1 is a fairly big clue, but you haven't mentioned it yet
                                              This is not really connected with any of the themes of this thread, but it's not randomly chosen. It connects with OTF, if you like.

Comment

Did we discuss the floodlights?

So a football ground in Turkey, Greece, Romania, Bulgaria or Hungary which connects with OTF.

Comment

Arguably any football ground connects with OTF. The name of the street we're on is important too, though it might not be obvious to you.

But now you've noticed the floodlights something on picture 3 should narrow it down

Comment

We're just by the Upjest Stadium in Budapest.

Screenshot_20221110-072258_Maps.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                                    X