No announcement yet.

Why are Liverpool fans so weird?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was having lunch with work colleagues a while ago when a young Charlton fan started to have a bit of a good-natured pop at those supporters of the BRCs from many miles away, "like Manchester United fans from, oh, Torquay" he said, innocently plucking a place from thin air but nevertheless rather embarrassing the Manchester United fan from Torquay who was sitting with us.

Comment

Where is poor Gerard Houllier in that banner?

Comment

I thought that. Houllier won five trophies in a year.

Comment

never mind that nonsense, he did win a european trophy though, and he did nearly die during a match.

Comment

Aye but the football was pure muck. Benitez seemed like Rinus Michels compared to the lump it to Heskey to knock down to Owen/Baros show of Late Period Houllier.
            Last edited by Lang Spoon; 10-08-2019, 14:50.

Comment

Mickey Mouse meet Lord Snooty...

Last edited by Duncan Gardner; 11-08-2019, 10:53. Reason: OK, it's a cheap dig at kids but when I watched Liverpudlian non-Leaguers Prescot Cable last term, the away fans (a mix of old guys, teenagers and a couple of families) were chanting just that: "

Comment

Originally posted by Sean of the Shed View Post
                That manager banner is airbrushing a lot of history between Dalglish and Klopp. I am of course presuming that it's younger title winning Kenny and not older racist sympathising Kenny.
                Does Sun columnist Souness not get a shout out then?

Comment

"Racist" Sir Kenneth Mathieson Dalglish MBE?

Is this about the Suarez thing?

Then it's racist apologia, and guilt by association, surely?

Comment

Or, as I put, sympathising.

Comment

Hyphens are your friends.

Comment

Originally posted by TonTon View Post
                        Hyphens are your friends.
                        I'm a member of the En-Dash Popular Front.

The Hypheneers are splinters.

Splitters

FFS

Splitters

Comment

I've no idea about any of that. I just think that it's a shame people seem to have stopped using hyphens, as they aid meaning.

Comment

Probably because you have a hyphen first key on a computer keyboard but not a phone keyboard, so it tends to get neglected.

Comment

Good point.

Comment

Originally posted by TonTon View Post
                                I've no idea about any of that. I just think that it's a shame people seem to have stopped using hyphens, as they aid meaning.
                                I'm that old and decrepit I can remember to-morrow rather than tomorrow.

Comment

Looks like one of them might have precipitated a bit of a goalkeeping crisis: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49369915

Comment

Klopp says that fans are running on to the pitch too often and setting a bad example to others, well Jurgen, maybe if you stop doing it they will as well.

Comment

https://twitter.com/ST_1982/status/1170621769373356032?s=19

Comment

Good Christ,

Comment

That's quite something. It'd be a bit over the top for an 8-year-old boy's bedroom. Ideal for someone who's always dreamed of living in the LFC club shop

Comment

If I were to ever kidnap somebody, that would be my hide-out. One video of that place to the victim's family and they'd pay double what you were asking for immediately.
                                            ​​​​

Comment

I'm afraid that isn't at all unusual by North American "man cave" standards

Comment

A single man refers to his apartment as a 'cave' and wonders why no-one wants to go home with him?

Comment

This sort of video is popular in the gaming community where youtubers walk people through the customized player homes they have built in the game. It really needs a voice-over to say and "that is the chest where I keep the magic armours" or such.

I'm afraid that isn't at all unusual by North American "man cave" standards

Isn't a man cave typically part of a much larger house, or do you get it taking over an entire small duplex?

Comment

I haven't even got a man drawer, let alone a man cupboard.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X