No announcement yet.

Why are Liverpool fans so weird?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I see a handful of Liverpool fans disgraced themselves last night wirh stupid stone throwing. Abd a few hundred decided that social distancing and mask wearing aren't really on their radar.

They're not the only ones.

Comment

Make them* play their next European home game at a neutral venue.

*Them = any club whose fans do this.

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
        Make them* play their next European home game at a neutral venue.

*Them = any club whose fans do this.
        That isn't much a punishment versus Fortress Anfield.

Comment

No, but it stigmatizes the fans who cause the trouble.

Comment

Some Spurs fans are weird too (I think this is real) ;

Comment

Great way to disguise a mole.

Comment

Why does Spurs' cockerel perch on a basketball?

Comment

Anyway glad this thread has come round again, there's something I've been meaning to add.

I'm a regular on Gallifrey Base, you might have heard of it, it's the number one internet forum for all things concerning telly's top Time Lord. But it's not just about Doctor Who, oh no - like OTF, it also has sections for stuff beyond its raison d'etre such as TV, music, books... and sport. To keep things from sprawling the sport section has threads for all the most-supported football teams - basically the Big Red and Big Blue English clubs. And what always struck me was that while the threads for Man Utd, Arsenal etc. had reached a couple of hundred pages, the Liverpool thread (hilariously titled 'Liverpool FC in crisis') had over three thousand pages. Why was this, I wondered? Grudgingly I conceded that okay, perhaps Liverpool FC really does have the best fans who love talking about their club more than fans of any other team. Maybe they really are special.

Then I looked. Turns out the reason the Liverpool thread has vastly more posts is that despite the existence of countless other sub-forums across the whole of GB for a multitude of different topics, Liverpool fans do all their posting there. The majority of the posts aren't about football. No matter what the subject it seems they're happily sequestered there, eschewing discourse with anyone who might be a fan of another club.

Which is weird.

Comment

Working...
                  X