Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sporting View Post

What's new?

As I understand, meeting with EFL yesterday with a view towards naming a preferred bidder and thus exiting administration, 'supposedly' rules for this changed at last minute meaning that we cannot extend Phil Jagielkas contract (he's gone to Stoke now) and also that they wish Football Creditors to be paid in full (read the Boro and Wycombe claims) before they allow any re-signing of players or new signings (understandable I suppose) this means that the potential buyers would be on the hook for an extra (if these figures are correct) £61m. Also apparently other clubs are upset that we didn't accept the circa £150,000 bid for Louis Sibley.

We are in a mess, 90% of which is our own making, but to be honest it does seem like a bit of a vendetta recently given our good run of late.

This is also a pretty strong statement to come from DCFC Official, maybe it's me with my Rams glasses on and I DO feel a bit hard done to, both by former owner and the EFL, at least I know you gys on here are non-partisan and will put me right I'f I'm talking bollocks as the btl stuff on the Guardian and twitter is thoroughly depressing to read

This statement hopefully addresses some of the concerns as well as setting out the current position in relation to the administration.

As we have previously reported there has been considerable interest from a number of credible parties. There are currently 3 parties who have made offers. One of the Joint Administrators duties is to act in the interest of all creditors, and this includes secured creditors, preferential creditors and the unsecured (“ ordinary “) creditors owed monies by the club. In relation to a football insolvency this duty is further compounded by dealing with those creditors known as “football creditors” which need to be dealt with in order to protect the club’s ongoing membership of the English Football League.

The Joint Administrators have an exit plan ready to implement and be approved by creditors and this is with a view to adjusting offers received to accommodate the EFL insolvency policy and their requirements to creditors.

The difficulty and currently, in our view, the last remaining significant obstacle is to deal with certain claims that are very much disputed but which we are being advised by the EFL cannot be currently compromised notwithstanding statute says otherwise. Whilst we accept this is frustrating for all, none of the interested parties are able to progress matters further until such time that an agreement can be reached.

Linked to the above is the need to ensure the club can be funded, if needs be, over the coming months or until we have successfully completed a sale. The EFL have demanded that we prove adequate funding is in place and until as such time as we are able to do that, they will not progress player registrations – this includes some players where contracts needed to be extended this month. Whilst we have a number of options as to how that funding can be delivered, we are not, today, in a position to finalise this funding however we do believe this will be finalised in the coming weeks.

We are aware of yesterday’s press comments, however, the position is not straight forward bearing in mind the position of other stakeholders. We are urgently seeking clarification from the EFL as to why these disputed claims cannot be compromised.

Comment

Originally posted by The-Reverend View Post
      We are in a mess, 90% of which is our own making, but to be honest it does seem like a bit of a vendetta recently given our good run of late.
      This often happens I think. For supporters it feels like piling on, it's hard to take and tough to shake. We still get accused of "cheating" by some, in spite of paying a £70 million pound fine several years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Amor de Cosmos View Post

This often happens I think. For supporters it feels like piling on, it's hard to take and tough to shake. We still get accused of "cheating" by some, in spite of paying a £70 million pound fine several years ago.

I'm saying nowt mate

That said I would have thought that a -21 is a pretty decent punishment, not being allowed to extend Jags contract seems harsh to me but I am biased obviously.

Comment

-21 points, in absolute turmoil and you'll still finish above Barnsley.

Comment

It's good to see you The-Reverend, despite the circumstances.

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
              It's good to see you The-Reverend, despite the circumstances.
              Thanks, Must admit the recent stuff aint helping my mental health

Comment

Originally posted by The-Reverend View Post

Thanks, Must admit the recent stuff aint helping my mental health
                Coming on here more might help, you never know.

Comment

Thanks The-Reverend for all that info.

Comment

Good to see you back The-Reverend.

Comment

Barnsley have COVID so have postponed the Blackpool game today.

Comment

Lawrence with a lovely curler into the far top corner to give Derby a 2-0 lead over the Blades with only ten minutes to go.

What a run they are on.

Comment

Luton’s 90+6 winner has really given Blackburn a hand.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                            Lawrence with a lovely curler into the far top corner to give Derby a 2-0 lead over the Blades with only ten minutes to go.

What a run they are on.
                            Off the bottom now.

Comment

Tom Lawrence really should be back in the Wales squad.

Comment

Originally posted by Antepli Ejderha View Post

Off the bottom now.
                                Eight points behind Reading, who lost both their latest match and their captain, permanently: https://www.readingfc.co.uk/news/202...ERHxa0Z3J2zTc8

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                                  Tom Lawrence really should be back in the Wales squad.
                                  There was talk of him going to Swansea due to the issues at Derby, sadly nothing came of that.

Comment

Our dreadful local paper came up with a (s)hit piece suggesting that we should take advantage of the Derby situation and bring Curtis Davies back. Not only do we not really need another central defender, it also seems fairly obvious from his Twitter feed that he's pretty committed to the Derby cause, and is proving to be the class act he's been for many years now, one of football's genuinely good guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Fearful Symmetry View Post
                                      Our dreadful local paper came up with a (s)hit piece suggesting that we should take advantage of the Derby situation and bring Curtis Davies back. Not only do we not really need another central defender, it also seems fairly obvious from his Twitter feed that he's pretty committed to the Derby cause, and is proving to be the class act he's been for many years now, one of football's genuinely good guys.
                                      It would be particularly hard on Rooney who lost Phil Jagielka to Stoke as the owners seemingly refused to extend his contract despite his top class performances alongside Davies this season.

Talking of Stoke I see D’Margio Wright-Phillips made his debut for them yesterday in a move designed to make me feel even older. In my head his father, Shaun, is still a promising kid.
                                      Last edited by Tony C; 16-01-2022, 16:57.

Comment

I think he made his debut in the Cup last week which meant :

https://twitter.com/tcstoke/status/1480202380893380610?s=21

Comment

Yeah, he was a real handful today was the youth, but by jingo we were equally and worryingly abject, the decent run of form prompted by the enforced formation change fast becoming a distant memory. We really need the EFL to pull their finger out this week and rubber stamp the takeover, or else we're in big lumber.

Comment

I was on a ground hopping expedition to Hull yesterday and can confirm all of that. DWP was a real livewire but I was surprised at how bad Hull City were

Comment

Well I hope you enjoyed your visit, although I'm seeing some concerning reports about litter left in the stands from the previous game, tannoys not working and leaking roofs, which is unacceptable quite frankly.

Comment

Does your electronic scoreboard work though? Ours is hit and miss at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Fearful Symmetry View Post
                                                  Well I hope you enjoyed your visit, although I'm seeing some concerning reports about litter left in the stands from the previous game, tannoys not working and leaking roofs, which is unacceptable quite frankly.
                                                  The bogs weren't great for such a new stadium and I found a Grimsby Town sticker on one of the seats

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Casper View Post
                                                    Does your electronic scoreboard work though? Ours is hit and miss at the moment.
                                                    The actual score and time went missing for a while in the second half, though the ads kept rolling

Comment

Working...
                                                    X