One 'F' in Fulham - Division Two 2021/22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One 'F' in Fulham - Division Two 2021/22

Fixtures released this morning. My lot go to Fulham first off, barely 18 months since we were last there, except Fulham's been to Division One and back in the meantime. Next away game is at Derby ....... or Wycombe.

And our derbiest match is Hull. Which is better than last season.

Comment

If Derby remain in this division they finish with a last day jaunt to Blackpool, but if they are sent down their last fixture is ten miles down the road at Burton.
      They don't deserve a trip to the seaside.

Comment

Oh good, home to Millwall. Still I suppose getting it out of the way early is no bad thing.

Comment

Derby survive after EFL decides not to appeal.

Comment

Ooh, hello. I'm back in this thread again.

So, what to expect from The Tigers, then? To be honest, the realists among us are prepared for a tough season. We're doing it under massive budget constraints, we've taken one of the EFL loans which restricts our transfer dealings and our wage spending is on a par with several League 2 sides. We've managed to get some bodies in, and a lot of us are secretly hoping that Tom Huddlestone will play for peanuts, having been training with us and playing in the pre season win at Scunthorpe on Saturday. 25-30 games of a reasonably fit Thudd pinging passes around in the middle of the park might just make a difference.

And we've pretty much held onto everyone from last season, although if any of the real standout players cut it in this league then there's every chance we'll cash in on them in January (Lewis - Potter and Wilks are the probables here)

Although the absolute state of some of the other teams in the league might give us a chance, I'll still take 21st if you offer me it now. Anything above that is a bonus.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean of the Shed View Post
              Derby survive after EFL decides not to appeal.
              https://www.theguardian.com/football...droidApp_Other

Only 8 senior players, that includes two keepers, after Rooney put one of them out for 3 months.

Comment

Originally posted by Antepli Ejderha View Post

https://www.theguardian.com/football...droidApp_Other

Only 8 senior players, that includes two keepers, after Rooney put one of them out for 3 months.
                Yes, a source of much mirth where I work (in Derby).
                Somebody thought Derby would be a good choice for Amazon's next documentary, but would be laughed off as a Spinal Tap style pisstake.

Comment

Rooney has also apologised for a viral image "appearing to show him asleep in a hotel room surrounded by young women".
                  I saw his apology and he looks like he's had a few nights out recently. He'll be lucky to make it to September in this job.

Comment

I’ve no idea how the Biscuitmen will go. If kits are anything to go by we should be in the playoffs at least. Paunović appears to be quite an upgrade on Bowen, Gomes etc.

So those are the positives. And then it’s Reading.

Comment

Oh and no “Madejski Stadium” please. It’s Select Car Leasing Stadium, thank you very much.

Comment

Just trips off the tongue, that

Comment

Doesn’t it just.

Comment

Has "Stadiums called by an official name but universally known by their popular name" been done on here?

Comment

Not formally that I recall, but it comes up constantly when names are changed

Comment

Does Reading's ground have a non sponsor name? Like Ashburton Grove?

Comment

Madejski had it built so it was only ever called The Madejski Stadium AFAIK. It’s not next to a beautiful old park or stately home to give it a proper name. Junction 11 Stadium?

Comment

Originally posted by Sporting View Post
                                    Has "Stadiums called by an official name but universally known by their popular name" been done on here?
                                    Other than those that have sponsorship names when being built, so tend to stick with differing sponsors going forward, does anyone call any stadium by the sponsor's name. I don't know any Cheltenham fans that don't still call it Whaddon Road despite it being The Abbey Business Stadium, The World of Smile, The LCI Raid Stadium and in recent years, The Johnny Rocks Stadium.

Comment

Originally posted by Sits View Post
                                      Madejski had it built so it was only ever called The Madejski Stadium AFAIK. It’s not next to a beautiful old park or stately home to give it a proper name. Junction 11 Stadium?
                                      Stadium Retail Park Stadium?

Comment

Originally posted by Sits View Post

Well, it's right by Foudry Brook, so you could name it after that, though I'm sure some would call it the Brookside and riff on that. Or just call it the Madejski, which would be fair enough given his contribution to the club's recent success.

Comment

On the same thing, the KCOM Stadium is no more, and it is now the MKM Stadium. But the realists call it The Circle.

Comment

Pulsating 3–3 draw between QPR and Leicester today. We led 2–0 and 3–2 but Seny Dieng gave away a needless penalty at the end. Leicester also changed all their outfield players for the second half which gave them a bit of an edge at the close. Have all pre-season games been as fast and entertaining as our last three? It used to be that you could guarantee a dozy summer snooze fest, not edge of the seat entertainment like this.

Comment

Originally posted by jwdd27 View Post
                                              Rooney has also apologised for a viral image "appearing to show him asleep in a hotel room surrounded by young women".
                                              I saw his apology and he looks like he's had a few nights out recently. He'll be lucky to make it to September in this job.
                                              That's a dodgy set-up. The police are supposedly investigating the women but not the newspapers who publish the pics.
                                              Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 01-08-2021, 06:13.

Comment

Quote of the Day:

"Following Mark Hughes into a club is like following the wrong guy into the toilet cubicle of a suburban Indian restaurant. It’s a long and unpleasant clean up process, best left to somebody else."

Clive Whittingham's season preview on Stoke City.

Comment

Breathless 1-1 with Millwall at HQ today. Slightly disappointing based on pre-season expectations, but derbies are never easy especially for us it seems. 'Wall were well prepped, and all over us for the first half-hour. Both goals were long distance screamers. Rob Dickie's 28 metre equalising worldie may well be the goal of the season already .

Comment

Working...
                                                  X