Clear All

Originally posted by Baptiste View Post
    Binary boredom:

So far this season, we've played 7 league games

1-0, 0-0, 0-0, 0-1, 0-1, 1-0, 0-1

I wonder what the record for this is?
    Just re-write it as two 4-1 wins

Comment

OK, so what the fuck's going on at Rochdale now? Demonstrable wrong'un Matt Southall apparently taking over …

Comment

Played 9

Goals for 4

Goals Against 3

Entertainment 0

Comment

That was kinda the critique of micky (who I liked) at Tannadice- few goals, little attacking ambition, grinding out the points. But I reckon that's what we needed last season tbh

Comment

Came from behind at the Bescot for a first away win in ten months in injury time. 19 games without a win on the road and with ten minutes left we were bottom of the league

This only really buys Barton a tiny bit of breathing space in all honesty, defeat to Swindon next weekend will still leave us in a completely unacceptable position.

But anyway, I don't want us relegated again so I'm pleased we won, even if it does potentially postpone my return to the Mem

Comment

​​​Not Div 4 as such, and I know there is a squad numbers thread somewhere, but fun fact for fact fans:

https://twitter.com/AgainstLeague3/status/1442941577513476100?s=19

Comment

https://twitter.com/nickmurphy1995/status/1443150678709448707?s=21

Comment

Peter Clarke, matchwinner. What a player.

Comment

https://twitter.com/OfficialPVFC/status/1444344688589352966?s=19

Anyone know what this is about? Is it someone connected to Port Vale?

Comment

A fan racially abused the Orient keeper, apparently:

https://twitter.com/leytonorientfc/status/1444373058270138370

Comment

His Twitter a/c gives some examples.

Comment

In the words of Professor Henry Jones Snr when he and Indy ended up back in the burning room: "our situation has not improved"

Comment

Originally posted by Gas In Name Only View Post
                            In the words of Professor Henry Jones Snr when he and Indy ended up back in the burning room: "our situation has not improved"
                            I suspect it is about to, at around 3pm next Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Flanagans Dog View Post

Ah, the classic clash of the resistable force and the moveable object

Comment

Joey claims that he has offered to leave without compensation and been turned down by the owner

I don't believe a word any of them say any more to be honest. Just fuck off and we'll have someone really average and anaonymous and we can be the same and just not be this fucking circus any more

Comment

Scunny have settled into bottom spot due suffering a heavier defeat than Oldham. I can't see them moving from there until May.

As previously discussed, the squad is National League standard (and probably not even the top division).

Calls for the manager's head are muted, helped by him being a local lad, and the feeling that it would be hard to find anyone to do any better with the resources available.

Although bottom spot also means that a new man also couldn't do much worse, so we'll see.

Comment

I fully expect a Scunny/Oldham revival to leave us in the shit too late to do anything about it

Comment

I'm really a Mansfield Town well wisher rather than a fan, but I'm struggling to know what's going wrong. The budget is there, the manager has done it before at this level, but things just don't seem to work out.

Comment

Anyone know what this is about? Is it someone connected to Port Vale?
                                        Racially abusive tweets to our keeper (whose Twitter account over the past couple of years has revealed him to be something of a leftie). Quite impressed by the speed with which our club picked up on it and made it an issue - they've been decent on this lately. It would help if the handful of our fans that booed the knee might belt the fuck up after this too.

Comment

Originally posted by elguapo4 View Post
                                          I'm really a Mansfield Town well wisher rather than a fan, but I'm struggling to know what's going wrong. The budget is there, the manager has done it before at this level, but things just don't seem to work out.
                                          I'm going to see them next Saturday in what looks like a relegation 6-pointer against Oldham.

I've always liked Nigel Clough as a manager, particularly for the job are did at Burton, so I don't really know what's going on either.

Comment

Clough's Mansfield were cynical and effective, if not pretty, at Brisbane Road the other week. Didn't seem to have much up front, which surprises me since I'd have thought Danny Johnson and Jordan Bowery constitute a pretty effective front two.

Comment

I would kill to have Mansfield captain Ollie Clarke back in our side - Portishead born, Rovers crazy, promoted twice with us and didn't want to go until he was effectively pushed out the door by Ben Garner. He's not the most silky midfielder but he runs and tackles and tbh he's all sorts of things that we're missing now.

Comment

Scunthorpe five down to Harrogate at half time.

Nobody can take pleasure in the demise of a club like this.

Comment

Re: thread title: after a slow start Sutton are doing pretty well.

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Flanagans Dog View Post

Told ya GINO

Comment

Working...
                                                    X