Sutton Who? - Division Four 2021/22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gas In Name Only View Post

The S*n reports that it is his wife and it was a few days before their wedding anniversary

Obvs not linking to it but that's what's out there
    Ah thanks, that makes more sense now.

Comment

Yeah sorry, my unwillingness to link to the S*n meant I linked to the only other report I knew of and I hadn't appreciated it was lighter on detail

Comment

From a purely football point of view, my main concern is what action BRFC take in the morning. Given that they have pretended none of JB's pre-existing legal worries were a thing it'll be fascinating to see their response now. Other questions arise around how long the football club have known of this and why he has been allowed to continue actively in his role as manager of BRFC if the club knew he had been charged with a serious offence. Of course the deeper question remains - how the club could have been so deeply foolish as to have appointed him in the first place - but we knew of that anyway.

Metaphorically speaking I have folded my arms, leaned back in my chair and fixed his cheerleaders amongst the fanbase with a hard stare and a hint of a raised eyebrow

Comment

I feel it's worth pointing out that the alleged assault occurred one week before he was due in court charged with ABH for the incident at Oakwell with Daniel Stendel

Comment

BRFC have finally put out a statement acknowledging the situation and then 'No Comment'

Georgia Barton has posted on Instagram saying there is no accusation by her against her husband

Comment

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-57969765

Barton denies hitting his wife, she was the one who called the police.

Comment

Ah, yes

We all know that the plod aggressively invent cases of domestic violence as part of their woke agenda . . .

Comment

Case to be tried in December. BRFC have not suspended Barton and I don't think that they will.

A backlash is building amongst the fans. How big it will be I'm not sure but I personally know four season ticket holders who have told me they won't be attending games now unless the manager is suspended by the club pending trial(s)

Comment

BRFC tonight released a statement that is so monumentally bad I barely have the words to describe it. After decades of being frequently embarrassed by my football club, tonight is the first time that I've been genuinely ashamed. Not to mention furious. I've seen several more home and away supporters of very long standing saying on social media that they're not prepared to support the club any more unless drastic action is taken now - at the very least suspension of Barton and an apology issued for the shocking statement they've released.

When the Bristol Post refuse to reproduce part of a club press release for fear of legal repercussions then lads, you've fucked up

The gist of it is that Barton has been given a few days off to spend with his family(!), Clint Hill is in charge for the friendly tomorrow night and... quoting the prosecution's statement that this is a victimless case as though this will make everyone feel much better about the whole affair. Completely out of context misrepresentation of what was meant (it's a victimless prosecution maybe in that Mrs B is not the one pressing charges or giving evidence) and very damaging for the perception of what DV entails and how it is prosecuted.

Honestly, fuck you Rovers

Comment

Tom Billson (GK, 20) joins on a season-long loan from Coventry, which is confusing as I thought the EFL's transfer embargo on Covid loan clubs explicitly restricts us to half season loans only. I think the club are testing the boundaries of the "players of professional standing" wording of the squad restrictions - we've signed a few who have very little first team senior football and are young enough that we can say they're for the U23 squad.

Billson has only played a couple of Carabao cup games for Cov, but he's 6'3 and "a big unit" so he passes the Cox test.

Comment

Captain sent off on his debut and lost to a 96th minute penalty at Field Mill

Manager's record is now P19 W3 D2 L14 W% 15.8 PPG 0.58

Last away win was December 2020 at Wimbledon

What a season in prospect as the focus of debate continues to be Mr Barton

Comment

Just seen that we set a new club record for failing to score in the League on Saturday before we fruitlessly equalised. So that's a feather in everyone's caps

Comment

Harrogate have had their next 3 games (including the League Cup tonight) postponed due to COVID.

Comment

Very possibly a gamechanger in League 2, as the Sligo Schillachi, Pádraig Amond, joins Exeter.

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
                                Harrogate have had their next 3 games (including the League Cup tonight) postponed due to COVID.
                                Not only that, but Rochdale have been awarded a walkover for the League Cup match.

Comment

IIRC they had walkovers last season in such circumstances for the first 3-4 rounds of the League Cup and the qualifying rounds of the FA Cup. However, this season is not condensed (yet) so it seems harsh to be doing walkovers in early August.

Comment

We have now lost eight games in a row, scoring once and conceding 12

JB's overall record is P21 W3 D2 L16

Stevenage's first today on 88 minutes was scored by Rovers legend Chris Lines - Bristol boy and most promoted player in the club's history

We're second bottom

Great times

Comment

A most surprising point and clean sheet at Rochdale lifts Scunthorpe to 19th. A bit of a coupon buster, it certainly was for me, I slung it in an acca just to boost the winnings a bit, and of course the other 3 all came in. It'll teach me to bet against my own team.

Almost wish I'd made the short away trip now, although I've seen enough 0-0 draws there over the years and me and Mrs D are still wary of crowds, plus I've always found it a bit of a poor ground to do on public transport.

Comment

This is an excellent summary of the quite remarkable recent goings on at Spotland.

Comment

Do Ipswich fans know much about their young Irish player, Corrie Ndaba? He's gone on loan to Salford today, and has already been named in their starting line-up for this afternoon's game against Swindon.

Comment

He's been on the fringes of the first team for a couple of seasons and has looked half-decent in his handful of appearances in the Cups. He had a successful loan at Ayr last season and seems quite promising, but Town have four central defenders ahead of him so another loan makes sense, although you always worry it's a precursor to being shown the door. He'll be up against his Ipswich team-mate Tyreece Simpson today, so maybe that's why he's gone straight into the team.

Comment

Originally posted by Artificial Hipster View Post
                                              This is an excellent summary of the quite remarkable recent goings on at Spotland.
                                              And a first victory of the season as the icing on the cake. I'm pretty detached from it all nowadays but I know some of the people who've done so much over recent weeks to ensure the safe future of the club and knowing how they'll have been celebrating this evening gives me such a good feeling inside.

Comment

Exeter win 4-0 away to settle into 8th place, just outside the playoffs. I think it's going to be another of those seasons.

Comment

Binary boredom:

So far this season, we've played 7 league games

1-0, 0-0, 0-0, 0-1, 0-1, 1-0, 0-1

I wonder what the record for this is?

Comment

Probably 'Zeroes and Ones' by Jesus Jones

Comment

Working...
                                                    X