Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Antepli Ejderha
    replied
    Celtic confirm one Covid-19 case two days after squad returned from Dubai training trip - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55611659

What we're they thinking?

Leave a comment:

• Patrick Thistle
    replied
    Originally posted by NickSTFU View Post

It's one player, with the employees from his company.

There is the suggestion that the photo is from Xmas 2019, but obviously, only one person knows if that's true.
    The photo had gone when I went back to check so thanks for clarifying.

Leave a comment:

• NickSTFU
    replied
    Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post

OK. It was a photo from Instagram I think of a lot of Shrewsbury players together in a house. It was posted on Christmas Eve by one of the players saying it had been a tough year but they had got through.

There was some debate whether it was a photo taken on Christmas Eve or not. But that's when it was posted.
    It's one player, with the employees from his company.

There is the suggestion that the photo is from Xmas 2019, but obviously, only one person knows if that's true.

Leave a comment:

• Satchmo Distel
    replied
    Originally posted by 1974ddr View Post

If Villa are unable to field a recognisable first team I would expect the game to be postponed, in the same way as several previous matches involving other clubs have been.
    The EPL will gradually run out of space to play the rescheduled games without going to 4 games in every 8 days, then the BRCs will go apeshit.

I'm also wondering if the World Cup Qualifiers can start in March given likely travel restrictions on cross-border sport.
    Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 09-01-2021, 16:50.

Leave a comment:

• DCI Harry Batt
    replied
    Yeah I don't think it's right to assume that playing football is very low risk right now. It might well be worth trying to work out ways of eliminating communal changing, showers, travel etc though, sure.
    Last edited by DCI Harry Batt; 09-01-2021, 16:54.

Leave a comment:

• Fussbudget
    replied
    Originally posted by Sporting View Post
    Surely actually playing carries few risks (open air and so on)
    There have been games (e.g. Wednesday v Derby mentioned upthread) where players have tested positive on both sides a few days after playing each other so that doesn't seem clear-cut to me, especially if the new variant is more easily transmitted.

Leave a comment:

• Antepli Ejderha
    replied
    I think it's giving an air of normality which is making people complacent. France is looking like it's ending cross border sport, Ray posted on that in the rugby thread.

Leave a comment:

• Sporting
    replied
    I'm in the middle on this. Surely actually playing carries few risks (open air and so on) and the danger would come from shared dressing rooms, communal showers, team coaches etc. But there are ways to lessen these hazards. Or players enjoying private parties, but that's not a pre footballing matter. That said, people who are needed in the stadiums for the games to be able to take place may be more at risk.

Leave a comment:

• DCI Harry Batt
    replied
    Originally posted by Sporting View Post
    And by extension no sport at all?
    Yes, for me. Team sports, at least.

Leave a comment:

• 1974ddr
    replied
    Originally posted by Felicity, I guess so View Post
    Spare a thought* for highflying FPL managers who have to decide whether to transfer in Son & Kane for guaranteed hatful against Villa kids, or avoid both teams cos it might get postponed...

* (I know, don't)
    If Villa are unable to field a recognisable first team I would expect the game to be postponed, in the same way as several previous matches involving other clubs have been.

Leave a comment:

• Sporting
    replied
    And by extension no sport at all?

Leave a comment:

• Artificial Hipster
    replied
    Originally posted by Toby Gymshorts View Post
    Football shouldn't be being played. At all.
    Agreed.

Leave a comment:

• Jobi1
    replied
    Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
    A positive from a positive.
    ... or not. A York player has reported symptoms this morning so this afternoon's match at Boston has been immediately postponed.

Leave a comment:

• DCI Harry Batt
    replied
    Originally posted by Antepli Ejderha View Post

Agreeing with Steve Bruce now TG, hope you're OK.
    A stopped clock, and all that.

Bruce, not TG.

Leave a comment:

• Felicity, I guess so
    replied
    Spare a thought* for highflying FPL managers who have to decide whether to transfer in Son & Kane for guaranteed hatful against Villa kids, or avoid both teams cos it might get postponed...

* (I know, don't)

Leave a comment:

• Antepli Ejderha
    replied
    Originally posted by Toby Gymshorts View Post
    Agreeing with Steve Bruce now TG, hope you're OK.

Leave a comment:

• Toby Gymshorts
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Satchmo Distel
    replied
    A positive from a positive.

Leave a comment:

• Jobi1
    replied
    York manager Steve Watson tests positive. Might mean we play a little more positively for the next couple of weeks...

Leave a comment:

• Third rate Leszno
    replied
    I think it's obvious that leagues cannot be completed in full now - but surely there must be a number of options that could be considered as well as null & void? Play each other once? Rescind last season's league cancellations (is that even possible?) and combine those results with whatever gets completed this season?

Leave a comment:

• DCI Harry Batt
    replied
    I just spotted that, and came here to see if the news had been shared already.

Leave a comment:

• Ray de Galles
    replied
    https://twitter.com/ollie_bayliss/status/1347515554035281924?s=21

https://twitter.com/ollie_bayliss/status/1347524022364491776?s=21

Leave a comment:

• Patrick Thistle
    replied
    Originally posted by Antepli Ejderha View Post

Link broken or removed PT
    OK. It was a photo from Instagram I think of a lot of Shrewsbury players together in a house. It was posted on Christmas Eve by one of the players saying it had been a tough year but they had got through.

There was some debate whether it was a photo taken on Christmas Eve or not. But that's when it was posted.

Leave a comment:

• sw2borshch
    replied
    https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/...id-19-19579501
    The Boro have also closed their training ground due to an outbreak and expect to be fielding a load of U-23s at Brentford in the FA Cup.

Leave a comment:

• Antepli Ejderha
    replied
    Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
    This was apparently a photo from Christmas Eve that may explain a lot re the Shrewsbury outbreak

https://twitter.com/salopcast/status/1347272443291951107?s=19
    Link broken or removed PT

Leave a comment:

Working...
X