No announcement yet.

Ch-ch-ch-ch-change Kit - Shirt Gallery 2019/20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I presume from their facial expressions that the doorman has just told Ethan and his mates they're not coming in wearing those shirts?

Comment

That trim makes it look very much like something Lyon would have had 10-15 years ago.

Comment

So prank kit launches now seem to be a thing. The game's gone.

Comment

If Ethan Ampadu can't grow a proper 'tache then he shouldn't try. And is Azpilicueta suffering from the mumps?

Comment

Face does look swollen on his left side. Very Fred Perry twin-tipped that shirt, particularly with the buttons done up.

Comment

Yes, Ampadu's football is a lot more stylish than he is. I'm hoping for a quiet evolution of the latter.

As for Dave, he's just naturally wide-jawed:

Incidentally, the blurb that accompanies the kit's launch suggests that it "takes its lead from Mod subculture through a crisp white polo shirt complete with a button-down collar. Known for their sharp fashion sense, the Mods were integral to 1960s London, and the King’s Road, a short walk from Stamford Bridge, was at the heart of the scene."

If Nike continue with this angle for future kits it could get interesting when they get on to the 1970s King's Road fashion scene.
              Last edited by Nocturnal Submission; 17-07-2019, 14:49.

Comment

I'm pleased that Ampadu is now the face of Chelsea kit launches. Now hopefully they will give him some game time.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
                  I'm pleased that Ampadu is now the face of Chelsea kit launches. Now hopefully they will give him some game time.

It's my sad duty to inform you that he's about to go out on loan.

Comment

Oh, who to?

Comment

Yet to be confirmed. I think that some Derby fans were hoping to continue to benefit from the link between the clubs which Lampard's time there precipitated, but apparently Villa and Reading are more likely destinations.

Which position on the pitch do you think he'll end up occupying, BTW?

Comment

Hard to be sure but I think a deep-lying creative midfielder, in a central pair ideally.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                          Hard to be sure but I think a deep-lying creative midfielder, in a central pair ideally.

Yes, I don't really see him as a CB, which is good news for him because he's got Luiz, Christensen, Rudiger, Zouma and Tomori ahead of him.

It'll be interesting to see how Lampard sets his team up in the coming season - he played with a midfield diamond at the weekend. Funnily enough, Sarri's system probably suited Ampadu better, with Jorginho's position a much better fit for his talents.

Comment

Instructive

Comment

Originally posted by The-Reverend View Post
                              Surely a Paddy Power publicity stunt given their previous, although tweeted from the official HTAFC account.

If it's a spoof they're certainly pushing it because they wore it tonight:

Comment

Both of those two last posts have just made me think - gambling cunts.

Comment

Fred Perry is alive and well and living at Stamford Bridge.

Comment

So not Ben Sherman then?

Comment

Uh uh. Not if they're riffing on Moddy Boys.

Comment

Originally posted by Amor de Cosmos View Post
                                        Fred Perry is alive and well and living at Stamford Bridge.

About the same price too.

Comment

Another thought re: Huddersfield - surely Umbro know the rules on how big a sponsor can be?

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                                            Sam, you could have mentioned their third

That was released months ago, though.

Argentine kit releases are really weird, date-wise. They'll release a first kit at a random time of year, a change kit months later and a third kit just whenever. It's largely coincidental that the new River first kit happens to be coming out just before the new domestic season kicks off.

Also they are apparently optimistic of getting a deal over the line for a main chest sponsor in August. What a shame.

Comment

Originally posted by 3 Colours Red View Post
                                              Another thought re: Huddersfield - surely Umbro know the rules on how big a sponsor can be?
                                              Not official matches though, are they?

Comment

Spurs Home:

and Change:

One assumes they have white shorts for when necessary.

Comment

They always do, they're never launched with the kits though. I don't think they sell them either.

Why are the proportions so out of wack on those photos, they look like the mini kits people hang off rear view mirrors in their cars.

Comment

They're pics from the shop page on the Spurs website. The home one is a kids kit.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X