Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
    Wouldn't have taken you for a football began in 1992 type, PT
    Same. They were the first to do it in England; if anybody can have those stars, it's them.

Comment

In German-speaking countries, Hypo anything is a financial institution focused on mortgages (Hypotheken auf Deutsch).

Hali is an office furniture retailer. Full list here.
      Last edited by ursus arctos; 19-07-2019, 15:45.

Comment

Originally posted by The-Reverend View Post
        Few Umbro releases this week.

Example of Umbro streetwear, fucking hell.
        You're old tho', no?

Comment

In German-speaking countries, Hypo anything is a financial institution focused on mortgages (Hypotheken auf Deutsch).

Hali is an office furniture retailer. Full list here.
          Thanks for that.

So as far as I can see, LASK's kit features adverts for beer, financial services, a lighting company, a regional development agency, office furniture, and water purifiers.

Not a gambling company, crap car company or airline-fronting-for-an-appalling-regime in sight. I am impressed.

Kit's still dog-ugly mind.

Comment

Toulouse FC. Seems to be a minor shade darker now with new black sleeves. Meh.

Comment

Without all of the advertising (which could be a lot, lot worse, as it goes) I'd say that's one of the best shirts on the thread.

Comment

So you say you want sponsors, eh?

LASK (Linzer Atletik Sport-Club) is there for you

its like a head and arms floating in midair

Comment

The absolute implosion at Reading has now spilled over into the new seasons kit.

They have been dumped by Puma, and so have rushed into a muddled contract with equally shambolic Macron.

However, as with 50% of the teams they supply, haven't got the kit anywhere near ready.

For the pre-season, the club have had to borrow the kit from the Reading FC deaf team, who only being semi affiliated with the club, meant they weren't tied in with Puma so already had a Macron kit.

There is a show piece friendly against Chelsea next Saturday, and with the new kit no closer to being available, have been shamed into producing 15 shirts that will 'closely resemble' the finalised design for the new kit.

All bodes well for the new season.

Comment

Wouldn't have taken you for a football began in 1992 type, PT
                    Well, I'm not. But it seems a bit ridiculous when people can just award themselves stars for whatever takes their fancy. Shrewsbury have won the Welsh Cup six times. Let's stick six stars on our epaulettes. And really, boasting about winning 3 titles in a row 95 years ago when you have won the square root of fuck all since is embarrassing.

Comment

Barry away kit. Green shirt, white shorts.

(No I don't know why he's looking so disaffected either)
                      Last edited by Patrick Thistle; 19-07-2019, 20:38.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post

Well, I'm not. But it seems a bit ridiculous when people can just award themselves stars for whatever takes their fancy. Shrewsbury have won the Welsh Cup six times. Let's stick six stars on our epaulettes. And really, boasting about winning 3 titles in a row 95 years ago when you have won the square root of fuck all since is embarrassing.

Harsh. They were the first side to win three English league titles in a row, which is worthy of commemoration.

Comment

3CR has already pointed that out.

There should be rules about stars.

Comment

3CR has already pointed that out.

There should be rules about stars.

So he did.

I agree with him.

I think if a club wants to mark an achievement in it's past it should do so in any way that it sees fit.

Comment

Italy, which was the first country to adopt the practice, has rules (a golden star for every ten Serie A titles, a silver one for every ten Coppa Italia trophies).

Germany also has rules, which are somewhat arcane, and were adopted in the wake of claims that were much less defensible than Huddersfield's.

I'd be fine with England or Britain adopting similar rules, but not with any set that didn't allow Huddersfield to celebrate their very significant achievement. The idea that doing so is somehow "embarrassing" is something that I seriously just can't understand.

Comment

Maybe a Champions League-style sleeve patch as a compromise? There's already a gold one for reigning champions after all.

I'd go with the same entry level as the European Cup ones - three in a row or 5+ in total.

Comment

(No I don't know why he's looking so disaffected either)
                                  Or why none of the guys in the first photo are looking at the camera, or in the same direction.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkF View Post

You're old tho', no?
                                    Oh God yes, I'm well old and past it.

Comment

But they do look like pyjamas.

Comment

Have Macron ever made a decent kit? Their rugby ones are generally pretty rank as well.

Comment

Comment

New Oxford away kit. It's different to our usual, and I think pretty nice. I haven't seen the back yet and fear that we won't have a Peru-style sash all the way round, but even so, it's a decent effort.

Comment

That is genuinely a top effort and the sponsor even looks good. Is it a recolourised badge?

Comment

Norwich change

Ripped off Ipswich's idea of a red kit with the home colour as an accent.

Comment

That Oxford kit is cool AF as the kids say.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin S View Post
                                                    Norwich change

Ripped off Ipswich's idea of a red kit with the home colour as an accent.
                                                    That, I fear, will be Melchester Rovers new kit.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X