A particular source of confusion in my mother's family

Leave a comment:

• ad hoc
    replied
    Galicia is also in Poland. Just to confuse matters further

Leave a comment:

• Southport Zeb
    replied
    I suppose if you include the Canary Islands, then Galicia (and all of mainland Spain) could be described as the North East of the country.

Ashton Town have signed Emmerson Boyce.

Leave a comment:

• elguapo4
    replied
    And isn't Galicia in North West Spain?

Leave a comment:

• Various Artist
    replied
    "heralds"??

Leave a comment:

• Third rate Leszno
    replied
    Achieved legend status in his brief stay at Carlisle for the sheer intensity of his aimless running around.

Leave a comment:

• torres
    replied
    He’s usually found swinging shite punches outside Glasgow boozers.

Leave a comment:

• Jumbo McGinnis
    replied
    Didn’t he have a heart attack not long ago?

Leave a comment:

• Ray de Galles
    replied
    Biggleswade United have served further notice of their ambitious plans with the announcement of the signing of the Glasgow Rangers legend and Hall of Fame member, Nacho Novo.

Novo who is 41 years old and heralds from Galicia in North East Spain joins the club following three years out of the game since leaving Northern Ireland side Glentoran in 2017.

Leave a comment:

• Sits
    replied
    That’s really nice.

Leave a comment:

• 1974ddr
    replied
    I have a friend who supports Groningen, he assured me last year that this was going to happen. I should have put a bet on it. I dare say the odds would have been short as it appears not to have been unexpected.

Leave a comment:

• Ray de Galles
    replied
    Aw, that's fantastic.

Leave a comment:

• ursus arctos
    replied
    https://twitter.com/fcgroningen_en/status/1276893046940942336

Leave a comment:

• Various Artist
    replied
    That's brilliant. He's six months younger than me, and made his debut for Andorra two days before I left school.

Nice to see too that he played for the first 12 years alongside his elder brother (by 9 years) Antoni in the Andorran defence. Their last game together before the latter's retirement was in 2009, a 6-0 loss to Capello's England in a 2010 World Cup qualifier – scorers Rooney (2), Lampard, Defoe (2), Crouch.

That game was also David Beckham's 100th international start, after waiting two years since his last one, and was also the same game where the 11 members of England's 1966 WC squad who didn't get winner's medals were paraded at half time in front of the crowd at Wembley after finally receiving their medals that day, 43 years late. There was a crowd of 'only' 57,000 there due to a Tube strike.

Leave a comment:

• Ray de Galles
    replied
    Ildefons Lima: Record holder who made his international debut in 1997 - and is still playing

Leave a comment:

• Various Artist
    replied
    Outstanding. He's still my boy. Thanks for the update Ray!

Leave a comment:

• Ray de Galles
    replied
    CURETONWATCH+++++CURETONWATCH+++++CURETONWATCH

I saw the thread's totemic 44 year old Jamie bag a hat-trick at Horsham in the Isthmian Premier today as Bishop's Stortford's player-manager.

Granted, two were penalties (and one of them from perhaps the worst decision I've ever seen live) but he's still got it - so much so that his team collapsed from 1-3 up to draw 3-3 after he subbed himself off.
    Last edited by Ray de Galles; 29-06-2020, 10:20.

Leave a comment:

• mirko bolesan
    replied
    Current Wycombe Wanderers manager Gareth Ainsworth played for Woodley United on Monday evening in their Hellenic League Division One East (Step 6, Tier 10) game against Didcot Town Reserves. He only plays midweek games when he's available, and has played a few times for Woodley this season.

Leave a comment:

• 1974ddr
    replied
    I was surprised to see that Kenny Miller scored for Partick yesterday, and on investigating further- I don't keep up with the Scottish Championship as much as I should- that he's not only playing regularly, but their top scorer this season. He's just turned 40.

Leave a comment:

• Wouter D
    replied
    Kazuyoshi Miura (52) has extended his contract with Yokohama FC for another year.

Leave a comment:

• Kevin S
    replied
    Marcus Bent has joined Cornard United of the Eastern Counties League Div.1 (non League step 6).

Leave a comment:

• Antepli Ejderha
    replied
    Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
    Lee Trundle (43) has just scored for Ammanford in the live Welsh Cup game on Sgorio. Ammanford are now beating Carmarthen 3-0
    Andy Robinson was also playing, he's 40 and another ex Swan.

Leave a comment:

• Sits
    replied
    That’s fantastic.

Leave a comment:

• Patrick Thistle
    replied
    Here's the 4th goal

https://twitter.com/FAWales/status/1203069875360555010?s=19

Leave a comment:

• Patrick Thistle
    replied
    He's just scored again and his control and shot were marvellous. 0-4 to Ammanford now.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X