Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gavc23
    replied
    Joleon Lescott to play for Racing Murcia in the Copa del Ray against Levante, presume the reason why will come out eventually

Leave a comment:

• blameless
    replied
    Goran Pandev (37 years young) has just scored the goal that puts North Macedonia into Euro 2021.

Leave a comment:

• Uros Predic
    replied
    Gary "smaller than you'd think, nice shoes though" McSheffrey came off the bench for my old village team, Rossington Main on Saturday. Not sure what impact he made on their 4-2 win over Hallam

Leave a comment:

• Capybara
    replied
    Meanwhile, the player who scored the first goal after the resumption in South Korea earlier this year, and who had an unsuccessful spell at Middlesbrough in the noughties, Lee Dong-gook, has retired aged 41. He played in the World Cup in France in 1998.
    Last edited by Capybara; 30-10-2020, 12:03.

Leave a comment:

• sw2borshch
    replied
    I was shocked and pleased to see the 35yo Faris Haroun captain Antwerp to a win against Spurs last night.

Leave a comment:

• Third rate Leszno
    replied
    Nile Ranger, still only 29, has joined Spalding United, intending to prove to everyone that the penny has dropped and he can get his head down and focus on football.

Leave a comment:

• fatbear
    replied
    Lukas Podolski scored for Antalyaspor today. I though he retired years ago !

Leave a comment:

• ursus arctos
    replied
    A total of 22 appearances over three season for three different Liga MX clubs supports that conclusion

Leave a comment:

• cantagalo
    replied
    Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
    Prompted by the mention of his signing for Derby on the WSC mail-out, I can't help feeling that Colin Kazim-Richards somehow belongs on this thread. Less so on age, he's only 34, but due to being out of the English game for so long while playing in Turkey, France, Greece, the Netherlands, Scotland, Brazil and Mexico.
    Strange one, this. He was utter shite in Brazil for both Coritiba and Corinthians 3-4 years ago. I doubt he's improved much while he was in Mexico.

Leave a comment:

• Ray de Galles
    replied
    Prompted by the mention of his signing for Derby on the WSC mail-out, I can't help feeling that Colin Kazim-Richards somehow belongs on this thread. Less so on age, he's only 34, but due to being out of the English game for so long while playing in Turkey, France, Greece, the Netherlands, Scotland, Brazil and Mexico.

Leave a comment:

• Ray de Galles
    replied
    Down to 10 men in the second half of an FA Cup first qualifying round match, the last thing you want to see is the opposition bringing on a former Premier League striker.

Unfortunately for Redditch United, that's exactly what happened in their tie at Hanley Town on Tuesday after the North West Counties side added former Stoke City man Ricardo Fuller to their ranks over the summer.

Keen to show he isn't just there to make up the numbers, the 40-year-old came off the bench and scored an 85th-minute winner from the spot to send the Stoke side into the second qualifying round for the first time in their history, thanks to a 3-2 victory.

Leave a comment:

• cantagalo
    replied
    39 year-old Nene scored both goals for Fluminense in their 2-1 win over Corinthians yesterday. It takes his goal tally to 17 this year.

Although you could be forgiven for forgetting his 8 appearances for West Ham in 2015, he has also had spells at PSG and Monaco.

Rather inappropriately, 'Nene' means 'baby' in Portuguese.
    Last edited by cantagalo; 14-09-2020, 16:51.

Leave a comment:

• Uros Predic
    replied
    Seems to run in the family, although his cousin Richard Paquette has only turned out for a paltry 31 different teams. But he's got four years on Jefferson, so could be eyeing up his record.

Leave a comment:

• Ray de Galles
    replied
    Originally posted by mirko bolesan View Post
    Jefferson Louis has signed for Beaconsfield Town. I've read it's his 40th club, but I don't think anyone is 100% sure.
    Apparently so, according to Wiki at least,

Leave a comment:

• Ray de Galles
    replied
    Awwwwwwww!

Arjen Robben's comeback lasted 28 minutes as he was injured during Groningen's 3-1 home defeat by PSV Eindhoven on the opening weekend of the Eredivisie season.

Leave a comment:

• mirko bolesan
    replied
    Jefferson Louis has signed for Beaconsfield Town. I've read it's his 40th club, but I don't think anyone is 100% sure.

Leave a comment:

• Sits
    replied
    Mr Delicieux welcome!

Leave a comment:

• Mr Delicieux
    replied
    Vitorino Hilton is 42 - and turns 43 on the 13th of this month - yet that hasn't stopped him playing in France's ligue 1 for Montpellier HSC, where he remains the club captain.

Leave a comment:

• Ray de Galles
    replied
    Originally posted by longeared View Post
    Ricardo Fuller scored for Nantwich Town in their win over Stalybridge Celtic this afternoon. Apparently it's his first goal for almost 1500 days.
    He's now signed for Hanley Town of the North West Counties Premier despite turning 41 next month.

The gap between goals mentioned above can at least partly be explained by the fact he was retired for about three years before signing for Nantwich.

Leave a comment:

• cantagalo
    replied
    Salamon Kalou is now 35 and has turned up at Botafogo. He's due to make his debut tonight against Coritiba.

Leave a comment:

• Ray de Galles
    replied
    Now 34 year old Sebastien Bassong has made a shock return to White Hart Lane, playing for Haringey Borough in a friendly against Hanwell Town at the weekend.

Leave a comment:

• Ray de Galles
    replied
    Patrice Evra turned out for Middlesex County League side Brentham in a friendly yesterday, not sure if it was a one-off or not.

Leave a comment:

• 1974ddr
    replied
    Originally posted by beak View Post
    And Iberia can also be a Greco-Roman reference to Georgia by which I mean the one in the Caucusus not the one you will find Athens in.
    Greece?

Leave a comment:

• Patrick Thistle
    replied
    He's Nacho average signing for Biggleswade

Leave a comment:

• beak
    replied
    And Iberia can also be a Greco-Roman reference to Georgia by which I mean the one in the Caucusus not the one you will find Athens in.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X