Star Wars Trailer!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Star Wars Trailer!

Uh oh. My wife will be distraught if anything happens to Chewie!

Comment

Star Wars Trailer!

Oh god, imagine the burnt hair smell, if nothing else.

Comment

Star Wars Trailer!

[quote]Incandenza wrote:
        Originally posted by Jesus
        Why is opening day in Europe two days ahead of release in USA?
        Do we have more nerds in Europe?

Not really meant as a genuine question.

What I'm more curious about is, why not release on the same day? Surely, there will be someone in Europe who records it and puts it up as a torrent. Pirate Bay and all.

Have film studios not learned a thing?
        Edit: I messed up the quote. This....

This happens all the time with movies. Most of the recent Marvel movies had a similar release schedule, and their US box office was not hurt one bit. You really think some mega fans will decide not to go see it in the theater just because they found a torrent?

... to here is Incadenza

No, I don't think so. Probably not unlikely that one of them mega fans will travel to Europe, simply to see the film.
        However, there are a lot of people out there who watch movies, who are not mega fans.
        I'm still curious to why the different dates. It used to be a film of this scale, it would have one global release date. Must be some thought process behind it.

Comment

Star Wars Trailer!

The release date in the UK was originally Dec 18th to coincide with the US release. I presume the distributors must have realised some non-film clash unique to the UK market which required it moved forward a day but I can't think what.

Comment

Star Wars Trailer!

I like how the trailer doesn't give away the plot.

I was going to watch The Martian, but the trailer gave away the entire plot.

Comment

Star Wars Trailer!

Charles de Gallois wrote: The release date in the UK was originally Dec 18th to coincide with the US release. I presume the distributors must have realised some non-film clash unique to the UK market which required it moved forward a day but I can't think what.
              Films are always released on Thursdays in the UK.

Comment

Star Wars Trailer!

Fridays in Sri Lanka

Comment

Star Wars Trailer!

Interestingly DVDs come out on Mondays and (I think) video games are released on Tuesdays. I think Albums have always been Tuesday too, whereas Singles now seem to be on Fridays.

Comment

Star Wars Trailer!

Albums have just switched from Monday to Friday release in the UK to tie in with the US.

Movies now come out on many different days in the UK (sometimes to rig the box office chart by giving them 9 day opening "weeks") but I think Friday is still the most common. Random preview screenings skew the picture (pun unintended) even more though.

Comment

Star Wars Trailer!

Antonio Pulisao wrote: I was going to watch The Martian, but the trailer gave away the entire plot.
                      You should still go and see it; it's a very good film.

I agree with your sentiment about modern trailers, but, in this case, the basic story is just very simple.

Comment

Star Wars Trailer!

Charles de Gallois wrote: Albums have just switched from Monday to Friday release in the UK to tie in with the US.

Movies now come out on many different days in the UK (sometimes to rig the box office chart by giving them 9 day opening "weeks") but I think Friday is still the most common. Random preview screenings skew the picture (pun unintended) even more though.

Certainly it's normally the Friday issues of newspapers that have he film reviews.

Comment

Star Wars Trailer!

A "supercut" of all three trailers putting the scenes in to (assumed) chronological order (though "Chewie, we're home!" is kept back for maximum emotional kick still).

Motherfucker, it all looks so damn good still.

Comment

Star Wars Trailer!

They have got to stop doing this. I am going to explode by the time I see the film. It passed me by how much the opening scene (in the trailer at least) mirrors the original film's opening scene.

Obviously, Luke is the big reveal and, from what I have seen, Hammill, he is obviously doing the grizzled darker Skywalker. I hope he can pull it off otherwise the reveal won't be that great. While his story was the central narrative of the original obviously, I am not sure he was many people's favourite character.

Comment

Star Wars Trailer!

Yeah I'm wondering if he is going to turn out to be Kylo Ren.

Comment

Star Wars Trailer!

While his story was the central narrative of the original obviously, I am not sure he was many people's favourite character.
                                Luke was a prick. His bits were the worst bits of the films. Han Solo's where it's at, Daddio.

Yeah I'm wondering if he is going to turn out to be Kylo Ren.
                                Ren is being played by a different actor. He may turn out to be his master, I suppose.

Comment

Star Wars Trailer!

Well unless we see Kylo Ren's face that could be a smokescreen. They are obviously going to use a stunt double for the fight scenes as Hamill is a bit old now. See, e.g. Dave Prowse as Darth Vader.

I was talking to a friend's five year old kid today who reckons that because Luke isn't on the poster he must be Kylo Ren. I'm beginning to think it's more likely.

It also explains who is holding Vader's mask and talking about finishing what he started.

Comment

Star Wars Trailer!

hobbes wrote:
                                    While his story was the central narrative of the original obviously, I am not sure he was many people's favourite character.
                                    Luke was a prick. His bits were the worst bits of the films. Han Solo's where it's at, Daddio.
                                    Yes, I was being polite. Cockney non-rhyming slang for 'wanker' was 'Luke'

Comment

Star Wars Trailer!

Jongudmund wrote: Well unless we see Kylo Ren's face that could be a smokescreen. They are obviously going to use a stunt double for the fight scenes as Hamill is a bit old now. See, e.g. Dave Prowse as Darth Vader.

I was talking to a friend's five year old kid today who reckons that because Luke isn't on the poster he must be Kylo Ren. I'm beginning to think it's more likely.

It also explains who is holding Vader's mask and talking about finishing what he started.
                                      This is on the official Star Wars site (and in the Vanity Fair piece) as "Kylo Ren unmasked" and is definitely Adam Driver, who is a bit of too much of a well known name to be used merely as a body double or a pre-release smokescreen.

There could be a plot twist related to Kylo Ren's identity (I read something recently that revealed the origin/significance of the name but can't recall it now, was it on here?) but let's not speculate too much, I really want it all to be a surprise.

Comment

Star Wars Trailer!

Hmmm. Maybe he's Luke's son. That would be a twist. Although a bit lame.

Comment

Star Wars Trailer!

More likely Han and Leia's son, I'd have thought, if they're going down that route.

And who or what is the guy who looks like the unmasked Vader - complete with breathing mask - in the final trailer?

Comment

Star Wars Trailer!

Bored of Education wrote:
                                            Originally posted by hobbes
                                            Yes, I was being polite. Cockney non-rhyming slang for 'wanker' was 'Luke'
                                            can confirm

Comment

Star Wars Trailer!

Rogin the Armchair Fan wrote:

And who or what is the guy who looks like the unmasked Vader - complete with breathing mask - in the final trailer?
                                              This guy (though he's not really "unmasked")?

That's Kylo Ren.

Comment

Star Wars Trailer!

No, not Kylo Ren. The guy with the bald head, blue eyes and the vaderesque breathing mask.

Comment

Star Wars Trailer!

It's Kendo Nagasaki.

Comment

Star Wars Trailer!

Rogin the Armchair Fan wrote: No, not Kylo Ren. The guy with the bald head, blue eyes and the vaderesque breathing mask.
                                                    I can't spot him.

The last bit of this is ace.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X