I've just seen a traumatic advert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I await your mooted attempt with anticipation. Seriously, if you can, do it.

Comment

Seconded. Although I'm also quite amused at the thought of Rory turning up mid-dump and taking a bite from an apple.

For some reason.

Comment

The Awesome Berbaslug!!! wrote: hahahaha. that ad is amazing. Is it 1973 in argentina?
        More like 1989 here, but the ad is actually Uruguayan.

Some of the comments are good as well, not least the one from the uploader which finishes, 'if it carried a caption saying, "This advert was made under the influence of Grappamiel Vesubio", it would be a resounding success.'

Anyway, I'm glad - if entirely unsurprised - that everyone likes it.

Comment

The adverts before clips on YouTube. All they do is give me 30 seconds to work up a froth of loathing for the product being peddled. I probably would have introduced VO5 into my hair-care canon....but now..now? I just want to shave myself bald. There are deliberating creating an unnecessary sheath. LETEMEJUSTSETHEFUQINGVIDEOYOUFUQINGSTUPISAAAAH!!! Oh, wait, they’re advertising the new Bruno Mars album. I was going to let that one slide...off-radar stuff...but now...now..oooo to Tesco!

Comment

One of the ambulance chasing lawyer companies currently has an advert in which their staff are lined up and questioned by the boss about the latest on their current cases. They use initials for the clients, so the first agent provides an update on Mr T's slip and trip claim. Presumably the local council tried to defend the claim by bringing up the matter of his jewellery weighing him down.

Also I see that the latest BT advert has the computer nerd getting a date. Hopefully this will lead to marriage and the extension of the series to a third generation.

Comment

This is nice.

http://www.adteachings.com/post/48071320031/dove-does-it-again-this-time-its-a-profoundly

Comment

I loved the general Zod advert that came on during CSI last night. Ms Brown had no idea what was going on. It was brilliantly effective. Me going: “Man of Steel! Man of steel? Och, Man of Steel.” didn’t help. Watching it on the internet (below) isn’t that great, but sandwiched between the hideously ‘70s offensiveness of the “Jaun Sheet” advert and the hand-in-the-pocket-of-the-poor vileness of “Wongo” it was quite compelling.

Zodcast

Comment

Just like to say that the IKEA advert with the warring gnomes is a change from the norm in that it's nicely done and quietly amusing. Wit in Adland? Who'd have thunk it?

Comment

ian.64 wrote: Just like to say that the IKEA advert with the warring gnomes is a change from the norm in that it's nicely done and quietly amusing. Wit in Adland? Who'd have thunk it?
                    First time I saw this I actually laughed, not just a wry smile but an actual laugh, something which rarely happens when I watch any kind of television.

Comment

Ah, the endemic sadness of the clown...

Comment

ian.64 wrote: Just like to say that the IKEA advert with the warring gnomes is a change from the norm in that it's nicely done and quietly amusing. Wit in Adland? Who'd have thunk it?
                        I wish the World Advertising Authority would call a complete and inflexible moratorium on any creative involving garden gnomes. It's been beaten to death, just like the endless epidemic of Elvis gags and references before it.

Comment

The Zero Coke ad in which the perky bloke behind the Coke stand ambushes an entire house of cinema patrons to tell them that, hey, you've been drinking Zero Coke instead of the normal brand. The other version, that he'd applied generous amounts of Senakot there instead, unleashing a thunderous dash for the toilets accompanied by the powerful sound of bumtrumpets, was never filmed.

Comment

Prepare for a WTF and a Words Fail Me Moment.

Yes, unless my eyes deceive me, an advertising agency in co-operation with Hyundai really did this..

Comment

It would be nice to think that someone might be prosecuted over that desperately crass and tasteless ad.

But realistically, I think the best we can hope for is that the bad publicity will send Hyundai's sales tumbling.

Comment

Did it actually run? Or is this another (and even more egregious) example of the "people tied up in the boot" campaign proposed for Ford in India?

I'd be interested in WOM's professional view on how this kind of thing can happen.

Comment

Did it actually run? Or is this another (and even more egregious) example of the "people tied up in the boot" campaign proposed for Ford in India?

I can't say, although unless a board of censorship had too much of a liquid lunch and let anything go, this one was too much to allow it to run. And if it was indeed another example of the Ford-style campaigns, there are some people in the ad agency world who really, seriously, should undergo psychiatric evaluation as of now.

Comment

That's astounding. Really. I'm amazed that it made it past all the necessary levels of approval.

Here's the thing, though: Innocean is owned and operated by Hyundai/KIA. It's their house shop, but is supposed to operate 'arm's length' to give them agency-quality creative at in-house prices. Somehow that's caused the objectivity to go out the window. Someone fell in love with doing something really daring and break-through and lost perspective. Or, they wagered that the publicity value outweighed the outrage value if this spot tanked (which I hope it does).

We did a spot for Hyundai that was pulled off the air in Canada due to viewer complaints. It was for the very pedestrian Accent, to make it look like a sporty little fun car. It featured two yahoos ripping around in circles on a city street, and was pulled due to viewer complaints about glorifying reckless driving. Good sense took a back seat to creativity. It happens.

But this thing is something else entirely.

Comment

Pulled.

http://www.thejournal.ie/hyundai-pipe-job-ad-pulled-after-major-criticism-884915-Apr2013/

Comment

Last week, when the ad was first released, marketing website The Drum named it the Ad of the Day, stating it would “put the cat among the pigeons”.
                                        From that post:

http://www.thedrum.com/news/2013/04/19/ad-day-hyundai-pipe-job

This viral is bound to put the cat among the pigeons but even its harshest critics won't be able to deny that it manages to communicate its message.
                                        FUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOU

Comment

Even the casually-titled 'Pipe Job' adds a hint of the callousness that seems to have been poured into it.

Comment

Hyundai Ireland would like to confirm we view this material as wholly irresponsible we have no involvement of such material.
                                            Crock of shit. Innocean and Hyundai are closer than Siamese twins. Also, no agency would commit 100 grand to shoot the spot without complete client buy-off.

Comment

I do enjoy the to the pointedness of the tag line for Corsodyl's current advert

Corsodyl - For people who spit blood when they brush their teeth

Comment

What's that dog with a plastic turd tied to its back all about?

Comment

I do enjoy the to the pointedness of the tag line for Corsodyl's current advert

Corsodyl - For people who spit blood when they brush their teeth

Senakot - the power you need to unclog your big, grumbling arse.

Comment

Hugo Boss - Enigmatic. A timeless mystique. Also, it'll hide the smell of wee if you haven't shaken well enough.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X