Bug reports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
    Over twenty attempts across multiple browsers and three different devices before I could make a post just now.

I absolutely despise the workings of this site at the moment, while obviously appreciating that the problems are technical (and that I appear to be one of the worst affected) and that Snake spends far too much of his time and other resources keeping it running at all.

Really thinking of just packing in posting here, which I would really miss, if it doesn’t improve.
    This sounds beyond frustrating, have you tried creating a new user account? I've no sensible suggestions I'm afraid.

Comment

I'm really struggling too. I post less than RdG and tbh most of the time I'd be better off browsing/lurking, but I can appreciate how frustrating it must be for more regular posters.

I also understand this isn't Snake's actual job and I'm both grateful for the time he spends on it and annoyed on his behalf for the drain it must be on his life.

Edit - Of course, this post went through first time, no problems...

Comment

I don't know if it's server load or anything like that, but there's a lot of Invalid URL errors popping up recently - I can't open more than three threads simultaneously before they start to appear.

Comment

As of yesterday evening, 6th Feb, I don't get any posts displaying at all on Android: just the OTF logo and if I scroll down, what seems to be the avatars of everyone currently logged in.
          I rebooted my phone, and tried again this morning, 7th Feb: no improvement.

Everything OK on Windows 11.

EDIT: Sorry, cancel that - it's only a problem in Edge; it's fine in Chrome, and other websites are also not displaying properly in Edge.
          Last edited by Nurse Duckett; 07-02-2024, 11:50.

Comment

I think Mr. Snake has been doing some work, because suddenly everything is perfect.

Thank you Mr. Snake.

Comment

• "An unexpected error was returned: 'array_merge(): Argument #2 must be of type array, bool given'"
              bool???

Comment

Originally posted by Sporting View Post
                • "An unexpected error was returned: 'array_merge(): Argument #2 must be of type array, bool given'"
                bool???

Yes, I've had the same or similar messages once or twice in the last couple of days.

Comment

Boolean - true or false.

I'll look into it.

Comment

Just blocked off another load of Hong Kong based bots. I think this is what is causing the Invalid URL stuff (which I haven't seen for a bit, but I've seen other times when OTF has become unresponsive for a few seconds.)

Comment

I didn't post before because I hadn't wanted to jinx it, but in the last day or two, everything has started working perfectly - logins, navigation from page to page and posting. Even posting pictures! (Exhibit A: Dog, posing in the woods.)

Thanks Snake.

Comment

Yeah, I've been thinking it's all run a lot smoother recently but didn't want to curse it either. Thanks Snake.

Comment

Mundane Thread N doesn't seem to be indexing properly.

Comment

The "ignore" issue remains outstanding. Not a massively pressing problem, obvs, but more a quality of life one.

Comment

If this is what I think it is, is because the user name has a comma in it. The input box interprets this as a separator (try typing Blue, Red, Green and you'll see) and makes it two entries.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                                Over twenty attempts across multiple browsers and three different devices before I could make a post just now.

I absolutely despise the workings of this site at the moment, while obviously appreciating that the problems are technical (and that I appear to be one of the worst affected) and that Snake spends far too much of his time and other resources keeping it running at all.

Really thinking of just packing in posting here, which I would really miss, if it doesn’t improve.
                                I don't think I've had this problem for ages now. I don't think I've changed anything major.

Maybe it was simply anointed that my punishment had finally run its course.

Comment

Heh. It turns out that the likely culprit was the server getting overloaded by various scrapers, bots and other external sources.

I blocked another 128,000 addresses this evening. Means I’m missing on the lucrative Chinese Premier League fan market, but there you go.

Comment

I’m getting a 403 error when I try to post in Mundane.

Comment

Maybe it's not mundane enough.

Comment

The footballer's statues thread crashes my browser (on my Android phone, running Chrome). I have no idea why but as soon as I open the final page of that thread everything just goes blank. (this doesn't need to be fixed it's just a curiosity)

Comment

Originally posted by tee rex View Post

Currently "Latest Posts" has a minor bug, trivial but quite amusing. Some posts are not in fact the latest, so the system is allocating the wrong avatars. For example, Ursus is currently a Plymouth Argyle fan, so he might sue. Patrick Thistle is Satchmo, or vice versa.
                                          Currently Hot Pepsi is Ursus, Sporting is Ad Hoc.

Comment

Just wanted tk say the site has been running like a dream on my phone recently. Thanks Snake

Comment

Pasting blocks of copied text from elsewhere is generating 403 errors (and a nonsense url type code featuring "z"s)

It can be overcome with perseverance, but is annoying

I'm wondering if it is a "rich text" issue

Comment

Some threads in Recent Posts are not taking me, at least, to the last post read. Often to the previous page.

Comment

I'll reindex.

On the pasting thing, if you do Ctrl-Shift-V for paste and not Ctrl-V does it still do it?

Comment

I will try that out and report back.

I primarily encounter it frommmy tablet or phone, where I am using a button.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X