No announcement yet.

Reusable coffee cups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cargo shorts or track pants and the same $100 hoodies.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by sw2bureau View Post
        Or trying to get a meat pie at Morrisons before 9am.
        If you are referring to that pair of whiners in the picture, they were holding pasties, not meat pies.

Comment

Aye Gero, but only 'cos they couldn't get meat pies. Unless they went over the road to Cooplands.

Comment

Would it be too controversial to suggest that pasties are pies?

Comment

Probably. I'm quite partial to a Cooplands apple pasty.

Comment

Originally posted by Capybara View Post
                Yes. Although both come under the umbrella heading of 'pastries'.

Comment

Originally posted by Capybara View Post
                  Beyond controversial. The counties of Cornwall and, to a lesser extent, Devon erupt over less.

Comment

Originally posted by Fussbudget View Post
                    I guess the thing that puzzles me about this drinking-coffee-in-supermarket-aisles business is, if you're doing your grocery/DIY/etc. shopping, wouldn't you rather have your hands free? It just seems like a pointless hindrance.
                    You think that's awkward? In Bunnings DIY superstores a fair proportion walk round eating sausage sandwiches. Every Saturday and Sunday (and I mean every) a charity/sports club etc. will have a barbecue set up in the car park for a "sausage sizzle" where (if you eat meat) you can buy a sausage stuck between two slices of bread for $2. I'd say a number of people find a premise to go to Bunnings at the weekend purely for a cheap crappy snack.

See WOM? That's low rent.

Comment

I felt a bit self-conscious buying a coffee at the station today and drinking it on the train, after saying it was something people do to look hip. It's not something I usually do but a) trains were screwed up, so there may have been a long time and b) I felt a bit groggy after a long, drugged sleep.

Comment

Originally posted by Sits View Post
                        See WOM? That's low rent.
                        Eurgh. Out Inca's way, they'd have sausage-holders in the cart...

Comment

Is that a some kind of euphemism?

Comment

Originally posted by WOM View Post
                            Eurgh. Out Inca's way, they'd have sausage-holders in the cart...
                            I had to go to Home Depot last year on Memorial Day weekend, and discovered that they were giving out free hot dogs. The niblets were with me, so it was a godsend for me since they thought it was super exciting and had something to eat to keep them occupied while I had to look for whatever I was there for.

I'm now thinking that I might need to go back this upcoming Memorial Day weekend to hope for some free food again.

Comment

I had to wait for a prescription at Costco last week, between about 6:10 and 7:00 pm. I was starving and managed to eat myself into a light coma by letting the dumpling / perogie woman bend my ear about how they only have one person (not two) scheduled at her booth, when clearly one person should be cooking while the other is handling the sampling cups. I mean, what do they expect at this time of the night, etc?

I finished the meal off with some of the cheese / caramel popcorn and some kind of potato chips not made of potato.

Comment

You may enjoy this three part series about Costcos, culminating with the experience of eating their samples, from Sandra Tsing Loh, WOM. (the all-caps words are trying to approximate her way of EMPHA-SI-ZING certain words when she reads it):

https://www.scpr.org/programs/loh-li...tcos-part-one/

https://www.scpr.org/programs/loh-li...tcos-part-two/

https://www.scpr.org/programs/loh-li...os-part-three/

Comment

Boy, are those all-caps difficult to read through...

Comment

I've had TWO takeaway coffees today, which is highly unusual, but I felt as though I was falling asleep about an hour ago.

Got the second one in my own lovely container.

Comment

Crikey, I'd not sleep until tomorrow if I had one at 4pm.

I'm all about the aeropress at home now. I need one for work too.

Comment

Yeh, I'm mad, me.

Comment

Drinking coffee on a train is considered a wannabe-hip thang?

I mean, doesn't the entire world do that?

Comment

Originally posted by WOM View Post
                                            I had to wait for a prescription at Costco last week, between about 6:10 and 7:00 pm. I was starving and managed to eat myself into a light coma by letting the dumpling / perogie woman bend my ear about how they only have one person (not two) scheduled at her booth, when clearly one person should be cooking while the other is handling the sampling cups. I mean, what do they expect at this time of the night, etc?

I finished the meal off with some of the cheese / caramel popcorn and some kind of potato chips not made of potato.
                                            I realize I’ve never had pierogi. That must be rectified.

Comment

Comment

I’d like mine Polish Polish style though with mince mushrooms and cabbage rather than the North American Polish stuff with “quark”. Tae fuck if I’m eating curdled sour cream.

Comment

Real Quark is actually very difficult to find in the US.

Places like Pittsburgh (pictured above) will use sour cream and/or various types of cheese.

Comment

Smetana, as we Russophones call it.

There are loads of Polish delis, or Polish shelves in Turkish delis, here, so you can get something like Smetana. I've not had it for ages, getting a craving now.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X