X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Andrew McCabe stands down.

Comment

Originally posted by Incandenza View Post
      I hope none of you on here have any expectations for the Democrats getting something done ever again.

https://twitter.com/eyokley/status/957970577469460480
      Can I play Schumer at cards for money?

Comment

Jeffrey Toobin says he regrets false equivalence during the presidential election. About time.

Comment

Originally posted by Tubby Isaacs View Post
          Andrew McCabe stands down.
          It's unclear whether he was actually pushed, or whether he just chose to stand down.

Comment

Long, but gripping.

Comment

So now the FBI and the DOJ are under investigation. This feels like we're beginning our descent into a full-on authoritarian state in earnest.

Comment

Millions of Americans only get their news from the mainstream networks, who bend over so far backwards to give the appearance of neutrality to the point of being guilty of complicity in spreading WH/GOP propaganda. Those people feel emotionally devastated by fictional shows like This Is Us while they're blissfully unaware that democracy is crumbling all around them.

Am I losing my mind? Sometimes I think I've become like those deranged Tea Party nutjobs, just on the other side of the political spectrum.

Comment

Would you like to be told, "no It's ok, you're insane, and the world is fine", or "you're fine and the US has gone insane?"

Comment

I wish someone with more knowledge of these kinds of things would tell me that I'm overreacting and that I should just relax.

Comment

You're just like the tea party nutjobs - seeing all kinds conspiracies to weaken the institutions of the state, to undermine the FBI and DoJ, wanting to protest all the time, to shout and make yourself heard. You're being an extremist, assuming that everything coming out of the Whitehouse is bullshit. You're being an extremist seeing everything described as "bipartisan" in fact being a shift further and further to the right.

The trouble with that is that you're not insane - this is, basically, happening. Suddenly, the term "chain migration" is in the mainstream to replace family reunification, as if someone living with and looking after their elderly mother is a bad thing; suddenly "Release the Memo" is a thing, when in fact it's some bullshit creation of Devon Nunes, and without the content being leaked it's pretty certain that it's an utter nothing, but somehow the Republicans have managed to make it a story undermining the FBI and Rosenstein and Mueller. Suddenly the "Trump Tax Cut" for the working classes has become a thing because your average person earning $60k who happens to have two passthrough companies will be getting a tax reduction.

All this shit and spin is happening. You aren't insane. Acting like a "left wing" Tea Partier is the rational response for a moderate person in this era.

Comment

SB, thanks?

Comment

Originally posted by San Bernardhinault View Post
                          You're just like the tea party nutjobs - seeing all kinds conspiracies to weaken the institutions of the state, to undermine the FBI and DoJ, wanting to protest all the time, to shout and make yourself heard. You're being an extremist, assuming that everything coming out of the Whitehouse is bullshit. You're being an extremist seeing everything described as "bipartisan" in fact being a shift further and further to the right.

The trouble with that is that you're not insane - this is, basically, happening. Suddenly, the term "chain migration" is in the mainstream to replace family reunification, as if someone living with and looking after their elderly mother is a bad thing; suddenly "Release the Memo" is a thing, when in fact it's some bullshit creation of Devon Nunes, and without the content being leaked it's pretty certain that it's an utter nothing, but somehow the Republicans have managed to make it a story undermining the FBI and Rosenstein and Mueller. Suddenly the "Trump Tax Cut" for the working classes has become a thing because your average person earning $60k who happens to have two passthrough companies will be getting a tax reduction.

All this shit and spin is happening. You aren't insane. Acting like a "left wing" Tea Partier is the rational response for a moderate person in this era.
                          Awesome post.

Let's not let Jeffrey Toobin off the hook. He shared airtime with cunts like Jeffrey Lord as if the latter were a legitimate debating partner. At what point do you realize that, by not walking away, you become complicit?

Comment

This reminds me of a situation about 10 years ago, where I went to visit toro toro up in leeds, when he was in hospital, and one morning I was having a cup of coffee on his balcony with his dad, who is extraordinarily good company. we were overlooking the river that runs through the middle of leeds. Then a large stag, with huge antlers swam sedately down the middle of the river, minding his own business. Both of us stood there in silence, until I said "please tell me you can see that." Fortunately he could. Sometimes the things you can see can be so weird that you need verification from someone else. So I suppose you can take reassurance that unfortunately you are seeing things as they actually are. The Stag actually is swimming down the middle of a river, seemingly on his way to catch a commuter train.

Comment

Just because that stag was really there doesn't mean you aren't crazy, TAB.

Comment

That piece is fantastic. Franklin Foer has come a long way from writing (good) books about football (with dodgy titles).

Comment

He was on Maddow last night.

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow/w...ist=associated

Comment

Brain genius:

Sources say that Trump has adopted a two-track strategy to deal with the Mueller investigation.

One is an un-Trumpian passivity and trust. He keeps telling some in his circle that Mueller — any day now — will tell him he is off the hook for any charge of collusion with the Russians or obstruction of justice.

But Trump — who trusts no one, or at least no one for long — has now decided that he must have an alternative strategy that does not involve having Justice Department officials fire Mueller.

"I think he's been convinced that firing Mueller would not only create a firestorm, it would play right into Mueller's hands," said another friend, "because it would give Mueller the moral high ground."

Instead, as is now becoming plain, the Trump strategy is to discredit the investigation and the FBI without officially removing the leadership. Trump is even talking to friends about the possibility of asking Attorney General Jeff Sessions to consider prosecuting Mueller and his team.

"Here's how it would work: 'We're sorry, Mr. Mueller, you won't be able to run the federal grand jury today because he has to go testify to another federal grand jury,'" said one Trump adviser.

Comment

Imagine the optics of firing Mueller! Let's prosecute him instead!

Comment

Everyone ready for The State of The Car Crash Address?

Comment

We should run a pool on how quickly he goes off script and starts winging it.

Comment

Aw fuck, I was half hoping thinking that had already happened. Had a dream last week where May finally sacked Hammond. Incredibly vivid, was relieved as fuck when I woke up. Which I guess shows the desperate state of Fucked Britain today. Fucking Hammond as Soft Brexit Saviour man.

Comment

well this should cheer you all up. Trump's clean bill of health not quite all that it seems. His doctor admitted that he has pretty serious heart disease.

Comment

Please can everyone not watch The State Of The Union:

(a) It's going to be boring as shit
                                                (b) When Trump doesn't literally get his willy out and start peeing on the podium, TV's Talking Head Fuckwits are going to say that it's a new, balanced, mature Trump, reaching to the center ground. You'll hate yourself for allowing the TV channel to dupe you into watching their shit, and may destroy your TV
                                                (c) Trump wants ratings more than anything. Make sure his ratings are as low as possible
                                                (d) Absolutely nothing new will be revealed.

Comment

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post
                                                  well this should cheer you all up. Trump's clean bill of health not quite all that it seems. His doctor admitted that he has pretty serious heart disease.
                                                  "And by 'in good overall health', I mean 'he's not currently dead'."

Comment

Working...
                                                  X