Trump's Card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gerontophile View Post
    You know, normally, I would take one for the team, but even if he was able, I would be too busy laughing. ('Fucking beauregard... did you choose that because Gaylord Ravenall was taken? Fuck off back to 'Showboat'. And take your skid-stained pantalon with you.')

Or, no.
    Jefferson Beauregard Sessions is named after two of the leading figures in America's proud history of Racism and treason. It's nominative determinism

Comment

John Sessions might be an average actor, but don't blame the poisoned dwarf on him.

Comment

Oh god getting Whose Line Is It Anyway? flashbacks now. The ghost of Josie Lawrence.

Comment

Take a bow, Mr. Isaacs

Trump spoke with Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell from Asia last week, and the Senate leader made an urgent plea: Please help push Moore out of the contest. On Monday, as a new female accuser emerged, the Republican leader discussed the Alabama situation with White House chief of staff John Kelly and Vice President Mike Pence. The conversation centered on tax reform, but the Senate Republican leader also proposed a dramatic idea: that Sessions run as a write-in candidate or be appointed to the seat he held for two decades.

Comment

Then Trump picks a new AG, who fires Mueller?

Comment

New AG would have real problem getting confirmed unless he/she promised not to fire Mueller.

Comment

Can they not shift a confirmed appointee from another job?

Comment

No, that's not how it works.

Hearings and confirmation are required for each appointment.

Comment

Ah, I'm glad about that. We weren't sure before, I don't think.

Comment

Hannity seems to be dropping Moore.

Comment

Ah, I'm glad about that. We weren't sure before, I don't think
                        I recall the issue last time being whether an already confirmed appointee would be granted more deference/leeway by the Senate. That is still likely to be somewhat true for an appointee who sailed through initially (which isn't the case for many of them), but the fact that Mueller has already gotten a guilty plea and brought indictments, as well as the nature of those charges and other events (see, e.g., the Don Jr direct messages with Wikileaks makes it significantly less likely to influence the final outcome.

Hannity looks to have decided that he needs to get ahead of Bannon, who is also looking to jump off the Moore train

“You must immediately and fully come up with a satisfactory explanation for your inconsistencies,” Hannity said. “You must remove any doubt. If he can’t do this, then Judge Moore needs to get out of this race.”

Comment

Ah right, that was the discussion before, thanks.

Comment

Going on the belief that we now live in the dumbest and most dangerous possible world, Moore will win the election easily.

Comment

I don't think the Republicans will be helped by the tax debate going on for the next month.

"Populism" as race-baiting is one thing. "Populism" as making the rich much richer is quite another.

But then again, it's one of the safest states for them.

Comment

Per CNN, both Cornyn and McConnell want Sessions as a write in.

Sounds like Sessions would be expected to resign before he ran.

Comment

Roy Moore seems to have an illiterate race-baiting lawyer.

https://www.salon.com/2017/11/15/roy...ient-on-msnbc/

Comment

This is surprising to you?

Comment

Yeah. Why does being a horrible scumbag mean you have a useless lawyer? Murdoch had Tom Crone working for him.

I'm also thinking that "he did nothing wrong, just like Muslims" isn't a great defence where he's coming from.

Comment

better lawyers can be much more selective about their clients.

This clown was also suspended from practice for harassing the parents of a 13 year old car crash victim and uses his firm website biography to brag about playing college football against teams that people would have heard of.

Comment

Is that widely known? The car crash harassment?

Comment

NRSC poll: Moore trails Jones by 12
                                            https://www.politico.com/story/2017/...es-poll-244937

Comment

Is that widely known? The car crash harassment?
                                              I would think that it would have been known among lawyers in and around Etowah County, which has only about 100,000 people, but it only became known nationally last night after the World's Worst Demand Letter was made public.

Comment

Thanks.

Will Moore have to jetison this fool?

Comment

Unlikely, I'm sure he plays well in Etowah County

Comment

By getting kicked off the Alabama Supreme Court for that shit charade? Well obviously not that.

But isn't it a problem?

Comment

Working...
                                                    X