No announcement yet.

Twitter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm somewhat concerned given the volume of people I follow who are making explicit plans for abandoning the platform.

Comment

Reduced moderation....great...

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
        I'm somewhat concerned given the volume of people I follow who are making explicit plans for abandoning the platform.
        What's their alternative or do they not have one?

Comment

Blogs, Substacks, Email, some Facebook or Instagram, mebbe

Comment

It's happening.

Comment

https://twitter.com/flying_rodent/status/1518688082870087681

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                Blogs, Substacks, Email, some Facebook or Instagram, mebbe
                Substack is great. They did a real good job of finding that space where so many other things had just not worked (looking at you, tumblr).

Comment

Oh well. Can't see the logic of embracing Facebook or Instagram more if you're deserting Twitter for having a toxic twat as an owner, but opinions vary.

Comment

The only Twitter threads I look at are those posted on this and one other board.

Comment

Me too

Might Twitter go so Wild West that future President Trump will censor it?

Comment

So, explain to me then, why, if Twitter is going to be taken over by someone else have people already been "reinstated" despite having formerly been suspended for hate speech and incitement?

Comment

Who?

Comment

Take a wild guess

Comment

Glinner and RevStu are currently operating pretty openly under pseudonyms.

Comment

RevStu?

Hoo Dat Den?

Comment

Originally posted by Guy Profumo View Post
                                  RevStu?

Hoo Dat Den?
                                  Wings Over Scotland bloke I think

Comment

I've no idea, that's why I asked. Why not just say?

Comment

It's a rhetorical technique

Comment

What, being Guy?

Comment

Originally posted by caja-dglh View Post

Substack is great. They did a real good job of finding that space where so many other things had just not worked (looking at you, tumblr).
                                          I'm not saying you're wrong but the only people I'm aware of with a Substack account are Graham Linehan and Suzanne Moore so I've always assumed it was a platform for bigoted shitheads who need somewhere to bleet about being cancelled

Comment

That is a core part of their user base (Greenwald, Bari Weiss, etc.), but there are a number of other users who are perfectly cromulent.

Musk hasn't come close to closing the sale and therefore has no control over the platform. Tucker Carlson reappeared last night after deleting some tweets that had been a condition of his suspension being lifted for months. It would not surprise me at all if a number of others of his ilk had done the same.

Comment

He means Trump, TonTon

Comment

Originally posted by Gas In Name Only View Post

Wings Over Scotland bloke I think
                                                I've known of RevStu since long before he did Wings, was even a member of his forum (it was about video games) until he shut it down in a fit of pique and everyone backed away slowly and set up elsewhere. This was prior to him establishing Wings, so he's been RevStu to me since the mid-90s.

Comment

Unfortunate, this

Comment

So Trump is back on twitter, is he?

Comment

Working...
                                                    X