Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Job would feel sorry for the poor souls in Cox's Bazaar

Comment

Clear blue skies, still winds, about 24 degrees in our garden in Lancashire. I'm out sunbathing with my top off, much against the strong advice of Signora Rogin.

This means overnight it's going to howl it down.

Comment

Originally posted by Rogin the Armchair fan View Post
        24 degrees in our garden in Lancashire. I'm out sunbathing with my top off, much against the strong advice of Signora Rogin.
        She's right. Not nearly warm enough.

Comment

Depends how pale you are. I'll burn at 66 degrees if the sun's out.

Comment

I think that we'd all burn up in 66 degrees...

Comment

I should learn to read.

Comment

Originally posted by Gangster Octopus View Post
                I think that we'd all burn up in 66 degrees...
                Depends if we're talking Fahrenheit or Centigrade

Comment

Erm, that was the joke...

Comment

Erm, that was the joke...
                    Which I have decided to explain for you, because as we all know explaining a joke makes it much funnier...

Whoops. Sorry for being so literal and spoiling it.

Comment

Fine "Leaving Cert weather" here all week, with temperatures in the mid-twenties, so may be time to break out the traditional Irish salad:

Comment

Living in the South-East, which often gets the best of the UK weather, it seems churlish to complain, but I'll be glad to see the back of this bloody chilly North-East breeze that we seem to have been stuck with here for most of the last fortnight. I realise of course that what I am claiming to be a chilly breeze would probably be relatively unremarkable in hardier parts of the country.

Comment

Originally posted by gjw100 View Post
                          Living in the South-East, which often gets the best of the UK weather, it seems churlish to complain, but I'll be glad to see the back of this bloody chilly North-East breeze that we seem to have been stuck with here for most of the last fortnight. I realise of course that what I am claiming to be a chilly breeze would probably be relatively unremarkable in hardier parts of the country.
                          I've been finding it really miserable weather recently. I'm huddled up in jumpers and slippers at my desk on the 1st June. At the beginning of husband's tonsillectomy recovery we even had to put the heating on for a couple of days. Looks like it might improve a bit over the next week.

Comment

Originally posted by Discordant Resonance View Post
                            Fine "Leaving Cert weather" here all week, with temperatures in the mid-twenties, so may be time to break out the traditional Irish salad:

I'm sure that must have spread to at least one corner of North Wales... except there wouldn't have been an egg on mine. Mam would give me half of a mini pork pie instead.

Comment

There's been a fair bit of sunshine but it's been perishing out of the sun. I've had my hoody on a lot recently.

Comment

I had my first cricket match of the 'summer' yesterday evening. My hands were a little numb by the end of it. It was chilly.

Nice and sunny at the moment, though.

Comment

If the Met forecaster got their JJA contingency planner trend forecast right, it will be a summer to remember in Scotland and one to forget in the South. The North is finely balanced.

Comment

Hmmm, coming from you, that means that it's going to be heavy snow in Scotland, and sunny in the south...

Comment

Our lawn is already looking as baked as it was last August, so if we continue to have a dry summer I'd be seriously worried about fires on the dunes and in the pinewoods.

Comment

Hmmm, coming from you, that means that it's going to be heavy snow in Scotland, and sunny in the south...
                                        Now, if it was winter, yes definitely...but no, high pressure over Scandinavia, low pressure by Iberia, the UK sits in the middle...Dry , sunny and fresh with NE winds up north, warm and humid down south with SE winds is the scenario

Comment

Originally posted by Third rate Leszno View Post
                                          Our lawn is already looking as baked as it was last August, so if we continue to have a dry summer I'd be seriously worried about fires on the dunes and in the pinewoods.
                                          A big concern for the hills too. I went for a two days hike in the Lakes last weekend, it was very dry...Lovely for outdoors pursuit but the usual idiots will turn up and cause fires.

Nothing wet on the horizon until weekend after next and even then, it's not guaranteed

Comment

We have quickly settled into the 90 degree day, humid as hell, thunderstorms closing airports likely around 5pm cycle of a Chicago summer.

Comment

We had a crazy hot day here today. Another tomorrow. Then a super cold front coming down from Canada some time tomorrow afternoon and the high on Saturday will be 40 (US) degrees colder than today’s high. Midsummer to early spring in a few hours.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight Shadow View Post

Now, if it was winter, yes definitely...but no, high pressure over Scandinavia, low pressure by Iberia, the UK sits in the middle...Dry , sunny and fresh with NE winds up north, warm and humid down south with SE winds is the scenario
                                                Warm is better than "fresh" which we all know is a euphemism for "bastard cold."

Comment

Just back from walking the dog and in accordance with the hobbesian definition, my hands, nose and ears are very definitely fresh.

Comment

Originally posted by hobbes View Post

Warm is better than "fresh" which we all know is a euphemism for "bastard cold."
                                                    Fresh in this instance being tempered by 14 hours of blazing sunshine...

Comment

Working...
                                                    X