Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• San Bernardhinault
    replied
    Methane Progress sounds like wind slowly working it's way through your intestine before a particularly toxic fart...

Leave a comment:

• Sits
    replied
    I’ve looked up the ship now. Built in Barrow-in-Furness in 1964, the first LNG tanker into service. Methane Progress the sole sister ship. Scrapped in 1998.

Leave a comment:

• Sits
    replied
    Early 80s in Falmouth Harbour. Methane Princess, surely a name to stir romance in the coldest of hearts. Two Falmouth posts in a row, what are the odds?

Leave a comment:

• Paul S
    replied
    Red Funnel's ship "Red Osprey" in dry dock at Falmouth.

Leave a comment:

• Sits
    replied
    That's nice Paul. Good to see you got a Shag in.

Leave a comment:

• Paul S
    replied
    The Scillolian, built in Appledore shipyard in 1977 for the run to the Isles of Scilly. It is one of the last Royal Mail vessels and came out of dry dock at the weekend ready for sea trials. She is seen here entering Penzance Harbour.

Leave a comment:

• ursus arctos
    replied
    Interesting vessel

Looks to be used primarily for fjord excursions. Just a bit more luxe than than the mail trawler I was on in the 80s

The Coast Guard's Katherine Walker is coming down river this morning, having completed whatever channel maintenance work in was doing earlier in the week

Leave a comment:

• Third rate Leszno
    replied

Today’s offering from the Mersey is the MS Fridtjof Nansen, the latest expedition cruise ship from Hurtigruten. It’s a more pleasing size than the Virgin monstrosity from the other week, and the back end is especially sleek - although the front still looks like it’s sailed into a dock wall at pace. It was only launched this year and is hybrid powered.

Leave a comment:

• Various Artist
    replied
    Did he lean out the windows with a brush, or stand on the ground with a really long-handled roller?

Leave a comment:

• Sits
    replied
    That’s better looking than the ship.

Leave a comment:

• ursus arctos
    replied
    That is exactly the "genius" of our office building, which was built for US Steel and painted black by Don Regan when he was CEO of Merrill Lynch

Leave a comment:

• San Bernardhinault
    replied
    The trick with that boat is that it's so ugly you'd almost prefer to be on the inside looking out than on the outside looking in. It's a cunning marketing ploy.

Leave a comment:

• ursus arctos
    replied
    They are a relatively new entry (within the last two years, I think)

Leave a comment:

• caja-dglh
    replied
    Until the Coronavirus challenges to the cruise industry I had no idea Virgin was in the cruise business.

Leave a comment:

• ursus arctos
    replied
    My word

No wonder they don't show the vessels in the adverts

Leave a comment:

• Third rate Leszno
    replied
    Not sure it's any prettier from the front.

Leave a comment:

• Third rate Leszno
    replied
    Even by the standards of hideous modern cruise ships, this baboon-arsed example that's sitting in the Mersey looks like it's been beaten with an ugly stick.

Leave a comment:

• Third rate Leszno
    replied
    The RFA Tidespring, apparently a replenishment tanker, was moored at the cruise ship terminal in the Mersey while I was out for my dinnertime stroll today.

Leave a comment:

• The Awesome Berbaslug!!!
    replied
    That ship is really the ultimate riparian expression of the term "Lazy man's load" isn't it?
    Last edited by The Awesome Berbaslug!!!; 03-12-2019, 19:21.

Leave a comment:

• ursus arctos
    replied
    [URL="https://twitter.com/historylvrsclub/status/1201933627191365632?s=21"]https://twitter.com/historylvrsclub/status/1201933627191365632[/URL]

Leave a comment:

• ursus arctos
    replied
    https://twitter.com/ursus_arctos59/status/1193284443718504448

Leave a comment:

• Ginger Yellow
    replied
    Caught that monstrosity going up the river yesterday:

Leave a comment:

• ursus arctos
    replied
    The Coast Guard Cutter Thunder Bay, which is often deployed as an icebreaker on the Hudson during the winter, just sailed past.

Here it is doing harder yards

Leave a comment:

• Femme Folle
    replied
    Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
    Dunno about the San Diego version, but the Belle isn't at all "antebellum" inside.

Its promoters seem to think that its distinctive appearance sets it apart in an increasingly crowded field
    Good god that's ugly

Leave a comment:

• Femme Folle
    replied
    I thought that said "gold cocks" - same thing though, amirite.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X