No announcement yet.

Tesco's bid to rule us all

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are definitely Bookers in the south. There's a cash and carry a few miles away from me, and one in Wycombe in the ward called "Booker and Cressex". When I was younger I thought the cash and carry was named after the area.

Comment

Apple, cranberry and moth. Heston Blumenthal would be all over that.
      The UK's largest retailer says a batch of Christmas stuffing may be "unfit for human consumption",

Comment

I love how the writer of that article was obviously told to pad it out. "sorry boss, there's no other information. There may be moths, but we don't know why" "I don't care, it needs to be 4 paragraphs"

Comment

Originally posted by 3 Colours Red View Post

No further north than Southport, no further south than Wolverhampton. Save for a few token locations in the Midlands, it's strictly Granadaland territory - even down to that token strip of North Wales.
          Nah. Booker are one of our main suppliers at the pub down here.

Comment

Yeah, it's been pointed out that Google Maps was bugging out on that one.

Comment

I think Makro are part of the group now too.

There's a Budgens in Belsize Park called Kavanagh's. It's one of the most pleasant supermarkets I've ever been in. The range of goods! The salad bar! It's like one of those posh grocer's in the upper west side.

Comment

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post

It must depend very much on the tesco store. You're not that far from the tesco warehouse in donabate, which is one of the biggest buildings in Europe. (It's the eleventh biggest building in the world)

But the most striking bit about the vegetable section near me is that it looks like we've had a bad brexit. Another obvious aspect is that tesco got rid of the butchers counter, the fish counter, the deli/sandwich counter, the hot food counter. Chopped down the range of things that they sold very severely, and the only thing that they kept was the rather good roman square pizza kitchens. They must have had a long lease on the spaces.

They seem to be working very hard to reduce reasons for people to actually go there. Dunnes up the road has gone the other direction and there's a large Sheridans cheese shop in the middle. I suspect they must be murdering this tesco near me.
                The pizza counter lasted maybe another two weeks after thar post. It's now up in dunnes.

Comment

Working...
                X