The Post-Brexit Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tactical Genius View Post
    It's like the good old days of the Empire.
    It's only a matter of time before the Royal Navy set sail again and deliver a broadside or two to some European Capital. My money is on Copenhagen.
    Given the level of ignorance about the EU from this government, my money would be on Oslo.

Comment

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...droidApp_Other

Loyalist paramilitaries renounce the GFA. This isn't good news despite the promise of no return to violence.

Comment

https://twitter.com/Femi_Sorry/status/1368188400814219273?s=19

Very strange to see the Express with headlines like this.

Comment

Just this week they were triumphing Liz Truss securing our trade deal with Ghana, that will apparently benefit the UK by at least ?40 a week compared to the one the EU already had.

Comment

Originally posted by Rogin the Armchair fan View Post
            Just this week they were triumphing Liz Truss securing our trade deal with Ghana, that will apparently benefit the UK by at least ?40 a week compared to the one the EU already had.
            At least that's the NHS pay rise funded, anyway.

Comment

This seems as good a place as any to mention that Farage has stood down as leader of his party, and here begins my idle speculation about him running for mayor of London, what with the elections coming in May.

Comment

Apparently, Billie Piper's ex is filling that particular demographic.

Comment

FT on NI grace periods:
                  Brussels has identified legal grounds in the EU and UK’s Brexit treaty that would give the ECJ jurisdiction over the row, even though the court’s remit is limited to breaches of EU law.
                  Bwahahahaha. That's going to go down well

Comment

British exports to Germany fell by 56% in January compared with the same month last year (to €1.6 billion), with German exports to the UK declining 29% (to 4.2 billion).

Comment

Remember: they need us more than we need them.

Maybe it's just not the right weather for jam.

Comment

Comment

I've not seen the source but if this is true another wtf moment.

Comment

It's true, it's from a report by the Food and Drink Federation based on HMRC figures.

Comment

That has to be food products only, which, to be fair, were always going to be the most affected goods and are a relatively small proportion of total exports.
                              Last edited by Ginger Yellow; 25-03-2021, 21:49.

Comment

The inclusion of animal feed is somewhat perplexing

Comment

I'm not sure it'll affect all of those sectors to the same extent, but impact of Covid needs to be factored in too, I reckon.

Comment

Don't know what the fuss is about. The deficit and more is going to be made up by rocketing sales of *checks notes* jam.

Comment

Originally posted by Toby Gymshorts View Post
                                      Remember: they need us more than we need them.

Maybe it's just not the right weather for jam.
                                      Jan yesterday and jam tomorrow, but never jam today.

Comment

Who's Jan?

Comment

Tears flow for Brits as they head home to avoid being deported as illegals in Spain

Contains this molten bronze droplet of wisdom;

Another returning at Malaga airport today was S_____ C_________ who despite voting for Britain to leave the EU, didn’t believe it would end his Spanish lifestyle, he said: ” Yes I voted out, but I didn’t realise it would come to this, my application has been rejected and we are on our way home – the wife is in tears, she’s distraught if I’m honest and I’m not too happy at the prospect of returning back to the UK.

“I’ve loved living on the Costa del Sol and after 5 years can’t believe it has come to this, we applied but got rejected and so have no choice, although long term I think the Spanish will regret chucking us out of Spain”
                                          I've read the second part about 5 times and no matter how hard I try to understand it still implies that he voted to leave THEN went to live in Spain.

Last edited by Kowalski; 27-03-2021, 16:05.

Comment

Gotta love that last line. Obviously the Spanish are gonna regret chucking out someone who's too fucking thick to understand the concept of consequences. I honestly don't know how they'll manage without you mate.

Comment

Living under the radar, meaning illegally, cash in hand, yet they cannot empathise. I hope Spain deports every single one of them.

Comment

Schadenfreude overload. If only every brexidiot could get it in the nads.

Comment

"I'm not too happy at the prospect of returning back to the UK"

I'll be honest, I'm not happy at the prospect of having you back, you thick cunt.

Comment

Those Costa cunts were bad enough before Brexit. Plenty of Irish cunts doing the same in Spain and the Algarve as well, and Germans in Mallorca, but the fuckin Brits from Andalusia to Balearics to fuckin Tossa del Mar, pack of monoglot bastards. Fuck yer fry ups and yer shit beer, yer crap hotels and your flags.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X