X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nocturnal Submission View Post
    Welcome home, Gero.

So, why Georgia?
    I got divorced, and it was the fastest 'get-out' clause. Yeah... Frying pan and fire.

But, it was the right thing to do at the time. Yeah, I regret the fuck ourt of it, but, I choose it.

Please put your coin in my hat.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Ethan View Post
      Welcome back Gero.

How come I am getting props from people whom I love, but have no idea where THEY'VE been?

Balderdasha xxx

Also, stop being so fucking nice. I need a zlatan xxx

Comment

(incoming... )

Uncle Ethan: you wear two of the best things I ever read x

Comment

I was about to write some kind words about a trip to Georgia in 1996 (and the amazing kindness shown me there) but it was the other one

Anyway, I'm sure your Georgia is also lovely

Carry on

Comment

I haven't recently discovered Hannah Gadsby. I've recently discovered recurring internet. (Without internet... so, basically stuff on my computers memory which I didnt watch the first time around.)

"I got new shoes".

And a tin of spray cheese, and I am damned if I will let either one go. Spray cheese? I love my colon so much, that I will inform it with the means of cloroflourocarbons.And spray cheese.Which, by the look of things, has been in the closet slightly longer than was required...oh, it comes out in a string!

This is too much information. Oh my god, I sprayed it into my mouth.

And, it's ok. It actually tastes 'not bad' on the scale of mass murderer to a chilli, or eat my daughter to a lasagne. It's on the "White guy naming his son 'Tevin' for no reason"."
            Scary, but easily blameable. It's actually quite tasty. Which technically means, it has a taste.It also didn't spray. I wanted the 'big reveal' where I sprayed this shit in my gob after the fuck you Dallas Cowboys game earlier (not often I get to type that on Thanksgiving), but it didn't spray.

I held the thing up to my orifice, and it just went 'blah'. Not even the spray cheeses of this world have the decency to show affection? Nor insults. My spray cheese just couldn't even bring itself to fart in my mouth.

I wish I could make this up.

My ex husband is gong to take me back. I wish I could make this up. I think the white guy might die in this movie.

Comment

Surely wherever you are you can always point a finger directly towards Scotland, no?

Hey there, Ger, old fruit.

Comment

Originally posted by Gerontophile View Post

How come I am getting props from people whom I love, but have no idea where THEY'VE been?

Balderdasha xxx

Also, stop being so fucking nice. I need a zlatan xxx
                Welcome back Geronotophile!

I don't even know if there's a question in this post, or if there is, how to answer it, but it mentions me, so hi!!

Comment

Hi Gero, good to see you back.

Comment

One day they'll try to make a film of your life, Ger.

A film which will be dismissed as completely ridiculous and yet become a cult classic. A bit like, say, Plan 9 From Outer Space.

Comment

How can we be sure it's really you, Ger? Glad to see you back here.

If you ever publish or self-publish the book you wrote, be sure to let us/me know where to find it.

Comment

Originally posted by laverte View Post
                        How can we be sure it's really you, Ger? Glad to see you back here.

If you ever publish or self-publish the book you wrote, be sure to let us/me know where to find it.
                        Not a chance! But should you ever get to the naughty corner of the internet, look for "GWM". It's about an area manager for Huddle House, who is a teensy bit of a serial killer, and is running out of ingenuity.

It's a romantic comedy.

Comment

Fucking hell, you write some shite. And what's this thing with cheese?

Good to hear from you, though.

Comment

I have never been in a Huddle House. I hadn't even heard of them until one of our two cross-country road trips this summer. Once I discovered their existence, of course, I desperately wanted to go to one because they seem ideal for being exhausted and unable to think after hours of driving and with hours of driving ahead. But they didn't seem particularly pandemic-compliant, so sadly I am still waiting.

I still doubt that they're as glorious as Waffle House.

Comment

As glorious as a 'Waffle House' on a Sunday morning.

Jesus fucking Christ, the irony is palpable. "Stay safe. Wear a mask. Go to Waffle House on a Sunday morning with a massive queue, of unmasked people, and ignore it. Mmmm Georgia."

Comment

Originally posted by treibeis View Post
                                Fucking hell, you write some shite. And what's this thing with cheese?

Good to hear from you, though.
                                I ripped off your material. x

Comment

Yeah. I'm not going to a Waffle House until we've all been vaccinated. But I do love going to Waffle House.

Comment

Glad to see you back, Gero.

I've only had the chance to go to Waffle House the one time we got stuck in Atlanta after our connecting flight to Philadelphia was cancelled because of a storm. There were two across the street from each other near our airport hotel. It was fine, I think I'd like it more if there was one near me and it was a regular dining option. I love hash browns but I don't really care for anything besides the potato in there, so all of the smothered, topped, etc. options didn't appeal to me.

Comment

Is Waffle House like a diner?

Comment

It's about as 'diner' as you're going to find.

Comment

Originally posted by WOM View Post
                                          It's about as 'diner' as you're going to find.
                                          So diners are all chains now?

Comment

Not here, though that does tend to be the case in much of the rest of the country.

Comment

We ate at the diner-est diner ever two or three years ago, and I looked for a long time to find it so I could link it for you. But that was the year we took a bizarre route back from NC so we could hit Luray caverns, and I've no idea where that place was. Like, tin diner exterior...wood panel interior...menu that ran to 24 pages so you couldn't actually decide. And, no joke, one of the nicest washrooms I'd seen in quite some time.

Comment

“Waffle House has a history of supporting conservative Republicans. In 2012 Waffle House donated $100,000 to American Crossroads, the super PAC founded by Karl Rove.[28] Waffle House also donated $50,000 to Restore Our Future, a Super-PAC created to boost Mitt Romney's 2012 presidential bid. In their home state, Waffle House has supported many of Georgia's congressional Republicans.[29] Waffle House Vice-President Don Balfour was the longest serving Republican in the Georgia senate.[

Comment

We ate at a diner in Chautauqua, New York once that actually used to be a streetcar with a wooden interior. But they added to the front and then the side and then the back, so now it doesn't look like a streetcar from the outside, but it still does once you step inside. It had good diner food. Very small bathroom, though.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                                                    Not here, though that does tend to be the case in much of the rest of the country.
                                                    All I want is a waitress called Martha with a notepad, red leatherette seats and a moody cook called Louie. You lot can put men on the moon, why can't you sort your diners out?

Comment

Working...
                                                    X