Georgia. Mmmm Georgia.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Georgia. Mmmm Georgia.

Well, hi y'all. My travels have brought me to the lovely town that is called 'Franklin'. It's neither a town, nor lovely, and I live about 3 miles from it. I was previously in a place called 'Cartersville', and that was at least large enough to have a bar or some. (I discovered "Longhorns". Those ribs are kickarse.)

So, yes: It's Georgia with all its shitty roads with holes bigger than a prairie dog barking (stop that shit!) It's a fucking hole. I mean the state. The people are kind, caring and considerate. Racist as fuck, mainly (it's a hobby), and they like to shoot stuff. Mainly guns. At random times and places. I wouldn't be surprised if JFK wasn't killed in downtown Marietta, and then replaced with a southern Democrat to ensure racism continues.

I'm moving again. To bring you up to speed, I got divorced. Nothing exotic, no-one else involved. Just a dissolution of interests. That said, I hope to go back there, because my brain is about to fall out of my ears with all this fucking stupidity. I'd rather be unhappy in a city, than fucking miserable surrounded by inbred motherfucking rednecks who will give you the flea-ridden shirt of their back, as long as you can say 'MAGA'. (The signs are still out, here. And they still believe.)

I got to the outskirts of Atlanta, and it was like 'civilisation'. I saw a bus.

The slightly better than bad news, is, I've written a book. (Technically, it's my second, but the first one didn't count.) It's about 350 pages, and has words. Mainly about Waffle House (although I've changed the name to Huddle House!), and about irrelevant interactions. It's shite, so don't worry, it won't get published.

I'd never seen an armadillo before, I didn't realise they were so squishy.

(I'm happy to be back. I missed you all. I will try to add stuff where required, and keep up to date with the mundane thread etc. I can add stuff about Georgia politics, but tbh, it's fucking insane.)

Good to see you, Gero

Comment

yeehaa.

nothing has given me greater pleasure on OTF for years (apart perhaps from FF's new poodle)

Comment

Thanks matey. We have guests in a while, and intermittent internet (we have no internet. I am using my roommate's hotspot, with his approval), and I have no phone service (fuck you Ryan Reynolds. Mint can eat my semmit).

But I am about to meet about 6 other people, and I have been drinking heavily. Today is going to be fun.

Stay tuned. Oh, and I have a crossbow.

Comment

Originally posted by Nefertiti2 View Post
          yeehaa.

nothing has given me greater pleasure on OTF for years (apart perhaps from FF's new poodle)
          M has a new poodle? I have been off Twitter for 10 days.

(Thanks Nef x)

Comment

Welcome back, Gero!

Comment

Hiya, glad you sound well. I'd love to go to Georgia, especially Atlanta, Rome and Savannah.

Comment

Originally posted by MsD View Post
                Hiya, glad you sound well. I'd love to go to Georgia, especially Atlanta, Rome and Savannah.
                I was lucky enough to go to Savannah. Middle of September, lockdown ignored. It was fabulous. Truly wonderful. We also went to a place called Tybee Island, and it was the gayest place I've ever been. And, on the beach, you could point a finger directly to Scotland (I think... it was a guy from Alabama who said that. It might be true.)

The buildings were exactly as you would expect. I wasn't ready for the poverty, and I don't mean the buildings. There were literally hundreds of people sleeping by the river on benches. Trying to earn money by painting and drawing stuff. And 3 yards away were people like me trying to ignore the fuck out of them. And you could. And it would have been easy. It WAS easy. I was sat in a cafe by the river with my eggs benedict and badly cooked steak, and it was fucked up.

So we ignored it, and got drunk.

Fortunately, I lie a lot on here.

*edit: oh, yeah: I lived in Cartersville. I know Rome. It's small, but perfectly formed.

Comment

Cheers Gero! Good to hear from you -- stay safe and be well, especially w/ a crossbow nearby.

Comment

Hey Cal! Thanks geezer. it's my pleasure to be back. It will be in/out, because of ... stuff. But I hope to engage you all with my wit and wisdom (at no point) soon. x

Comment

Very good to see you alive and well, Gero. I'm sure there's great story behind why you ended up where you did, but I'm also sure we'll never hear it. We were in Vegas last year but I didn't see you around. Be well.

Comment

Hey Gero. I know we usually cross paths over on Twitter but always good to meet up here as well. Hope you're keeping well.
                        Why the crossbow? Surely it's not just for a cheap innuendo about shooting your bolt, is it?

Comment

Welcome home, Gero.

So, why Georgia?

Comment

Yeah good to have you back sir.

Comment

Originally posted by WOM View Post
                              Very good to see you alive and well, Gero. I'm sure there's great story behind why you ended up where you did, but I'm also sure we'll never hear it. We were in Vegas last year but I didn't see you around. Be well.
                              HEY WOM! Good to hear you.

Comment

Originally posted by Nocturnal Submission View Post
                                Welcome home, Gero.

So, why Georgia?
                                Must have been on his mind to go.

Comment

Hooray #1: Gero's back.
                                  Hooray #2: the word "semmit" just made its OTF debut.

Gallus to have you back on here, fella.

Comment

Gero, I follow you on Twitter, as you probably know, and am so glad you're back here.

I was in Georgia just a couple of days ago. Driving down the 17 is very scenic, from north of Savannah down to Brunswick. And over the border you have the St John's River Ferry and the A1A to St. Augustine. I can understand that whole stretch being gay-friendly.

I'm pretty sure my wife and I passed through Franklin when we drove from Chattanooga to Columbus in July but I can't recall many details except that there seemed to be an obsession with military history.
                                    Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 26-11-2020, 21:49.

Comment

Brill. I'd just assumed that this was an old thread that had been resurrected.

So delighted that it's not. Enjoy wherever you are Gerontophile ...

Comment

What they all said. Good to have you around.

Comment

Originally posted by Diable Rouge View Post

Must have been on his mind to go.
                                          +1

Comment

Originally posted by Lang Spoon View Post
                                            Yeah good to have you back sir.
                                            You spelled 'cur' incorrectly. x

Comment

Welcome back Gero.

Comment

Lovely to see you Ger. I will continue to call you “Ger”, because once you said it was your preference. I may well be wrong.

Stay well and stay around x.

Comment

Originally posted by Diable Rouge View Post
                                                  Welcome back, Gero!
                                                  x

Comment

Working...
                                                  X