X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Peston is a proper lickspittle shit.

Comment

This is a real problem for me.

It's one thing for the british govt to Casually commit genocide against their own people in the name of herd immunity, Committing casual genocide is kind of their thing, and at least for once its primarily against their own people. However the Northern Irish executive thinking it's a great idea is a real fucking problem for us. It literally does not matter one fucking jot what we try to do if seventy miles up the road from me the residents of Northern Ireland are all going around spitting in each others mouths, working on developing herd immunity. in the best british fashion

The Impressive thing is that Sinn Fein managed to switched from an all UK response on thursday to an All Ireland Response in a day. How is that fucking possible? That michelle o'neill is a real fucking genius. Now they've switched from being part of the govt, to being part of the opposition in public, which now means that it has become a Sinn Fein Vs DUP thing, where Sinn Fein are trying to publicly push the DUP into an all Ireland response. In order for us to now get to a sane all island response, the DUP have to publicly back down and publicly admit that it makes more sense to work with the south than the UK.

It's amazing how different this is to foot and mouth. Within days of foot and mouth kicking off, this island was essentially hermetically sealed to animals, and you were wading through disinfectant all over the place.No question of anything other than an all island response. Now we're going to have Arlene fighting SInn fein for the link to the mainland, so that mouthbreathing crooked peasant halfwit can distract from the RHI scandal. It will be interesting to see how this evolves, but right now the DUP are following a strategy that is going to kill a disproportionately large number of their own supporters. It's yet another fucking example of the DUP desperately grabbing at any opportunity to drive a stake into the heart of the union, leaving us to wonder are they also essentially controlled by the IRA army council?

Comment

So, how are those new checks on flights arriving from Europe going?

[URL="https://twitter.com/brookegmcdonald/status/1238986272137502720?s=21"]https://twitter.com/brookegmcdonald/status/1238986272137502720[/URL]

Comment

This temperature issue is complete bollocks, there are over 200 cases here in Malaysia, and both Singapore and Thailand were early hotspots before it even got to Europe. Temperature here never drops below 27.

Comment

I’m not sure if my pal will make it back fro the USA for his mother’s funeral now.
            I rather think it’s everywhere now and closing borders isn’t going to make a difference but I don’t know.
            I would only go to that funeral to see him but my cousin’s is on Monday.
            should I be going to that?

My feeling is that UK will muddle through. People will die but it will blow over. I have a dreadful feeling that there is going to be serious violence in America. Hope not but there is a lot of blame needs to find a home.

Comment

Decided that supporting local businesses was the right call so got takeout from the local Thai place, felt good about the decision as they only had one table of people in a place that's usually packed. Left a very generous tip. Still a lot of people out and about, traffic levels at the usual. Now questioning the outside trip a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
                Tobacconists are essential?! Haha. Not that they're playing to stereotype or anything.
                French 'tobacconists' are really just newsagents, though I'm not sure how essential that is either.

Comment

Originally posted by scratchmonkey View Post
                  Decided that supporting local businesses was the right call so got takeout from the local Thai place, felt good about the decision as they only had one table of people in a place that's usually packed. Left a very generous tip. Still a lot of people out and about, traffic levels at the usual. Now questioning the outside trip a bit.

Where are you, Scratchy?

(The comma is important there).

Comment

Originally posted by ooh aah View Post
                    This temperature issue is complete bollocks, there are over 200 cases here in Malaysia, and both Singapore and Thailand were early hotspots before it even got to Europe. Temperature here never drops below 27.

Well, I'm not saying is isn't, but the three countries you mention have just 532 cases between them and just one fatality, so the statistics hardly conclusively disprove the proposition, if it's that air temperature can slow or limit the threat rather than prevent any transmission at all.
                    Last edited by Nocturnal Submission; 15-03-2020, 13:50.

Comment

Originally posted by Nocturnal Submission View Post

Where are you, Scratchy?

(The comma is important there).
                      Upper East Bay in the SF Bay Area, Richmond/El Cerrito in particular.

Comment

Trump doesn't have it, they say.

Comment

There's time.

Comment

This is something someone posted on a friend's FB post. People believe shit like this.

​​​​​​
                            First released case mid Dec when Dem's knew the impeachment was failing and he Trump had just finished busting China a** with a new trade deal. Dems and china gang up and pull the trigger on virus does 2 thing Make's Trump look bad and tank's his beloved economy and Dem's Can take back the white house china gets new deal with Dems every thing back to normal.
                            My head hurts.

Comment

Originally posted by Sporting View Post
                              There's time.
                              Also, trump lies.

Comment

So from tomorrow we can go out to work, to the supermarket, to the hairdresser, banks, to walk the dog, buy a newspaper, stock up on tobacco, visit health centres, religious centres (not in large numbers) etc. Any kind of pleasure-related outdoor activity is forbidden. And you are supposed to do any one of these activities alone.

Comment

Airports: All the people in those lines are also required to self-quarantine while state authorities are obliged to enforce those quarantines. Good luck with that.

They should have been advising Americans weeks ago not to travel abroad whilst facilitating a gradual return home for those visiting Europe.

Bear in mind also that this hits flights from the UK in 24 hours' time. They are massively unprepared.

Comment

[URL]https://twitter.com/SenSherrodBrown/status/1238571872779935744[/URL]

Comment

Originally posted by Erskine Bridges View Post
                                      I have a dreadful feeling that there is going to be serious violence in America. Hope not but there is a lot of blame needs to find a home.
                                      On that note Trumps fuckwit son tweeted earlier about all his "dem pals who have been asking him, "what's the best assault rifle to purchase?"". Just so unbelievably irresponsible.

I must admit, in the back of my mind I am worried at the prospect of violence and a break down in law and order. There have been enough gun massacres as is, then factor in the economic repercussions from the pandemic, general restlessness and anxiety from being cooped up and anger at the human cost of the pandemic.

You just know that this scenario is like a wet dream to some of those MAGA gun nut types.

Comment

Just had this email from sainsbury's, I doubt it will stop this nonsense panic buying but I was impressed that they've made an effort. I expect the others to follow.

Dear ,
                                        You will have seen that, due to the ongoing uncertainty around the full impact of Coronavirus, supermarkets have been much busier than usual and customers are choosing to stock up.
                                        I wanted to personally reassure you that we have more food and other essential items coming to us from manufacturers and into our warehouses and distribution centres. If we all shop just for the food that we and our families need, there will be enough for everyone.
                                        I also wanted to let you know that at Sainsbury's, we are working really hard to ensure this remains the case. Over the past two weeks we have:
                                        - Ordered more stock of essential items from our suppliers
                                        - Put more capacity into our warehouses and
                                        - Set limits on a small number of items, including some cleaning products, soap and pain relief. This is a precautionary measure - if everyone shops normally, there will be enough for everyone.
                                        There are gaps on shelves because of increased demand, but we have new stock arriving regularly and we're doing our best to keep shelves stocked. Our store colleagues are working tirelessly and doing the best job they can.
                                        Which brings me onto a request. Please think before you buy and only buy what you and your family need. If we all do this then we can make sure we have enough for everyone. And please help elderly and vulnerable friends, family and neighbours with their shopping if you can.
                                        I wanted to take this opportunity to thank you for your continued support and to thank our colleagues who are all working incredibly hard to ensure we can continue to serve our customers well.
                                        Best wishes

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Bruno View Post
                                          Trump doesn't have it, they say.
                                          Needs a human host.

Comment

The thing of New Zealand and Australia "ordering" people to self-isolate on arrival. How are they planning to enforce that? Surely by its nature it's "politely asking" at best, and something that very few travellers are going to comply with?

Comment

The Sunday Sun (not to be confused with Murdoch's Sun on Sunday) has a full page ad under the banner 'Working to feed the nation' containing much the same as that email but bearing the logos of Sainsbury's, Co-op, Lidl's's's's, Tesco, Aldi, Waitrose, M&S, Asda, Iceland, Morrisons, Ocado and Costcutter.

Comment

The paper also contains a story about a man being jailed for two years for throwing a box of ferrets at a passing car after downing ten pints.

Comment

Originally posted by Sporting View Post
                                                  So from tomorrow we can go out to work, to the supermarket, to the hairdresser, banks, to walk the dog, buy a newspaper, stock up on tobacco, visit health centres, religious centres (not in large numbers) etc. Any kind of pleasure-related outdoor activity is forbidden. And you are supposed to do any one of these activities alone.

Mrs. S has been extolling the virtues of Spain’s lockdown. So is this the lockdown? Getting one’s hair done doesn’t seem “essential”.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X