No announcement yet.

Covid-19 pandemic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Extraordinary video that, it's hard to begin to understand how we have come to this

Comment

I just saw that the positivity rate in South Dakota (and Kansas) is above 60%. I don't think I'd registered quite how bad it was getting in the middle of the country.

Comment

To put it into some sort of perspective. The closest Canadian province to South Dakota geographically is Saskatchewan. It's also close in population 1.2 million, to SD's 0.9 million. But covid-wise they're worlds apart. South Dakota is running at 1,800 cases a day, while Saskatchewan, today, announced 181.
        Last edited by Amor de Cosmos; 17-11-2020, 01:00.

Comment

https://twitter.com/mmfa/status/1328506670507581447

It is as of Stanford saw John Yoo at Berkeley and said Hold my Beer

Comment

Our local bus company has banned eating and drinking on its services to stop passengers removing their masks.

Restaurants and bars remain open in this region though in other areas they've been forced to shut.

Comment

Croatia and Serbia now both have more reported cases than China and more than 1,000 deaths.

Comment

I've seen Covid referred to as the "Fundie Flu" and "Christian Flu" by some Americans because of the correlation between hard-core religionists and conspiracy antimask sentiments and actions.

Seems like the same correlation is happening here. A Christian Cafe in Gedling (Notts) put up signs warning Covid officers would be trespassing if they entered - citing Magna Carta.

https://www.patheos.com/blogs/thefre...t-to-trespass/

Comment

So. Mouthwash can "kill virus in 30 seconds" in lab conditions

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-54971650

Doesn't hydrofluoric acid also have a similar effect?

Comment

What's your point Guy?

Comment

For many people this is their last Thanksgiving
                      Especially if they listen to you.

Comment

Of all the individuals in Trump's orbit, Atlas (no pun intended) is probably the one who I find hardest to believe isn't really a performance artist who they wheel out as part of some cruel in-joke.

Comment

His fake doctor and the wacky pastor, surely?

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
                            His fake doctor and the wacky pastor, surely?

Strong contenders admittedly, but the former only burned dimly for a short period of time and the latter only really gets the occasional walk-on part. Scott's out there all the time with his blue sky thinking and bracing views on the pandemic.

Comment

Over 11,000 new cases in California yesterday, the first time since August 11 and the third highest daily total yet.

Comment

We've touched on this before, but the fact that people like Atlas and Giuliani still have their licences is a real indictment of professional "self regulation" in this country.

Comment

That's me in 'level 4' now. But apparently an orchestra is an essential service (who knew?), so I still have to go to work.

Daughter no. 2 (15) is currently self-isolating at home as a boy she sits next to in one class has tested positive.

Comment

Originally posted by jdsx View Post
                                    But apparently an orchestra is an essential service (who knew?), so I still have to go to work.
                                    How does that work?

Comment

Originally posted by Paul S View Post

How does that work?
                                      We record for Radio 3, mostly (and catch us on iplayer/youtube), not live concerts, so we're still working.... All socially distanced of course...

Comment

34 deaths reported in Wales today. Fewer cases than recently though. About 700. So it feels like cases are coming down.

Comment

Originally posted by jdsx View Post
                                          Daughter no. 2 (15) is currently self-isolating at home as a boy she sits next to in one class has tested positive.
                                          School transmission anecdote. Someone I know was part of a zoom conference call today. Another participant, the head of a local secondary school, turned up slightly late, apologising as she had 30 staff off with C19/isolation. By the end of the call, the number was 37.

Comment

598 deaths in the UK today. Highest number since May 6th.

Comment

France is the first European country to exceed 2 million cases.

Comment

Italy reported 731 deaths today, its highest number since April 3rd.

Comment

Africa has exceeded 2 million cases and 48,000 deaths. Fewer cases than France, fewer deaths than the UK.

Comment

https://twitter.com/bymikebaker/status/1328918369001619457?s=21

Comment

Working...
                                                    X