Clear All

Originally posted by Antepli Ejderha View Post

Who's Yuri?
    Moonlight Shadow.

Comment

[URL]https://twitter.com/KatyTurNBC/status/1244739232457003009[/URL]

Comment

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post
        Wait, is there some value to that Chloraquin stuff or whatever he's calling it, or do all those companies have to donate that drug to provide cover to trump for people drinking aquarium cleaner?
        It's still being tested to see if it has any effectiveness against Covid-19, according to BC's Senior Medical Health Officer. La Signora almost lost her eyesight because it was over-prescribed, it's not stuff to mess around with yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Erskine Bridges View Post
          My daughter's boyfriend works in a food shop. He said a nurse told him that Aberdeen's main hospital is 'full' and people with other conditions are now dying as a result. That doesn't seem right to me but there's no way for me to check.
          Can you pass on this message to your daughter's boyfriend the next time you see him:
          Either he, or his nurse "source", are spreading dangerous lies. Forresterhill isn't full, far from it, wards have been emptied to such an extent that resilience tests are being carried out, such as "black starts" replicating unexpected power outages.
          We dont need sh*te like the above being bandied about spreading panic.

Comment

There's a loony French doc who claimed to have a study with chloroquine that proved its efficacy, but that hasn't actually been tested in any proper blind study. There are reports that China and South Korea are using it widely, but there's no clear evidence that it's been the thing that's improved their outcomes. It might work, but nobody appears to have published any proper science on it yet.

Comment

Talk of mad ideas and treatments, did anyone mention the guy (I think an academic in Australia) who was attempting to make a warning device that you were about to touch your face, and in the process managed to get magnets lodged up his nose to the point where he needed a hospital admission to get them removed? Well done, mate. I'll bet the medics who treated you were deeply sympathetic.

Comment

Said French doctor

No, he is not Trump's personal physician, they just look alike

Comment

He looks like Gerard Depardieu

Comment

Originally posted by That Night In Barcelona View Post
                    He looks like Gerard Depardieu
                    ...in a hastily constructed disguise.

Comment

Originally posted by Janik View Post
                      Talk of mad ideas and treatments, did anyone mention the guy (I think an academic in Australia) who was attempting to make a warning device that you were about to touch your face, and in the process managed to get magnets lodged up his nose to the point where he needed a hospital admission to get them removed? Well done, mate. I'll bet the medics who treated you were deeply sympathetic.
                      His partner Works in a hospital. She apparently took him in so all her colleagues could have a good laugh.
                      Last edited by hobbes; 30-03-2020, 22:51.

Comment

There's also this guy in Ursus' back yard:
                        https://techstartups.com/2020/03/28/dr-vladimir-zelenko-now-treated-699-coronavirus-patients-100-success-using-hydroxychloroquine-sulfate-zinc-z-pak-update/
                        But a small Chinese study found hydroxychloroquine ineffective.
                        Last edited by S. aureus; 30-03-2020, 22:45. Reason: Need to work on my linking skills, but you get the drift.

Comment

https://twitter.com/yaneerbaryam/status/1244756801314263044

Comment

Most state flags aren't great, they're dominated by the overly fussy heraldry on a blue background. By the time the Western states started getting founded, they branched out a bit, I'm quite fond of California's, and Colorado and Arizona have excellent ones.
                            Last edited by scratchmonkey; 30-03-2020, 23:05.

Comment

This is a profoundly correct take.

Miami Herald says that 30 states are under some form of "shelter in place" directives

Comment

State flags: I like New Mexico and Alaska's (apparently I like my flag's simple).

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                                  This is a profoundly correct take.

Miami Herald says that 30 states are under some form of "shelter in place" directives
                                  How is that being defined? Florida is not sheltering in place but has directives on clubs and bars.

Comment

Yeah: New Mexico is probably my favourite. Then Arizona, Colorado. Texas and California are fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post

How is that being defined? Florida is not sheltering in place but has directives on clubs and bars.
                                      I think that they are talking about statewide restrictions.

Florida seems to be a nightmare of differing restrictions. DeSantis said today that South Florida should stay home until mid-May, only to later say he "misspoke" and meant mid-April.

Comment

Speaking of Arizona

https://twitter.com/hannahdreier/status/1244639314040012803

Comment

From that link...

In an exclusive interview with former New York Mayor, Rudy Giuliani, Dr. Vladmir Zelenko shares the results of his latest study

Let's just say that this doesn't immediately instill confidence in the scientific rigour.

Comment

A big bump in confirmed new cases in California. According to the source I'm using: Fri, Sat, Sun went 776, 758, 655. Today was 1044 new cases. Which suggests that reporting remains largely unreliable right now - my distrust of weekend data is reinforced, too. 1044 isn't actually that horrific - the geometric growth is still "only" 1.16x which is well below the early trend line (and most other states trend lines).

San Diego also had a big jump to 604 cases - exactly the same growth rate as the entire state, coincidentally. 118 in hospital, but only 2 more in ICU at 51.

My guess is that the whole state is testing more on weekdays. Of course, there's a long lag in results coming in from testing labs, so a lot of these positives are probably from a week or more ago.

Comment

May I suggest something that made me cry also?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrrBKTvGQKw

Comment

Originally posted by The Red Max View Post

Can you pass on this message to your daughter's boyfriend the next time you see him:
                                                Either he, or his nurse "source", are spreading dangerous lies. Forresterhill isn't full, far from it, wards have been emptied to such an extent that resilience tests are being carried out, such as "black starts" replicating unexpected power outages.
                                                We dont need sh*te like the above being bandied about spreading panic.
                                                Thanks Max, it didn’t sound right to me and would’nt have posted it if it it hadn’t come from someone close. I still shouldn’t have posted it.

Comment

Although I suppose it is inevitable that non covid, non urgent patients are not being seen right now. That will have consequences.
                                                  I wouldn’t want to be making those kind of decisions.

Comment

Maryland's state flag is the one that makes you think you've been drugged.

State locked down as of 8PM EST now. $5K fine or a year in jail if you're out without an acceptable reason, potentially.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X