No announcement yet.

Dog adoption

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We said goodbye to our 15yo Chocolate Lab earlier. I’m in bits, but it was time.

Comment

Sorry to hear that Slackster. Sounds like he had a very full life.

Comment

Ah, my sympathies.

Comment

Sorry to hear that slackster. Thoughts are with you. For a larger breed, 15 years is a very good age indeed.

Comment

All sympathies to slackster and S. aureus. Not an easy thing to navigate.

Comment

My sympathies to slackster and SA as well as the other members of your households.

Comment

So sorry, slackster - what a grand old age to reach though, so many happy memories to look back on when this is a bit less raw.

Comment

So sorry slackster

A lovely dog, I hope it’s just good memories before too long.

Comment

What they said.

All the choc labs I've known have been such lovely characters. Sympathies.

Comment

All my sympathies too. Fifteen's a heck of good age for a Lab, and I'm sure he relished every second of it.

Comment

S.a and Slackster, you have my heartfelt sympathy. It's such a hard thing to do but you will get it right.
                        Also if you have a good and compassionate vet they will help and support you with your decision.
                        You know your pets better than anyone and you will know it's right. You have given them the best life they could wish for and this final and sad departure is a part of this. Take care, guys.

Comment

On a lighter note, I baked two meat loaves yesterday. One was Ieft on the kitchen counter prior to freezing. A couple of hours later it was gone. The baking dish and tea towel covering it were, suspiciously, found on Daisy Dog's bed. I wouldn't care so much except it's the second time I've fallen for this kind of canine sleight of paw. Phoebe the Dog did exactly the same thing with a quiche I baked when she was a newcomer to our household. She was cunning enough to push the broken pie dish under the stove. Daisy, OTOH, just flaunts her larceny: "So watcha gonna do about it f**k face?"

Comment

Thanks for all the kind words about the death of our beloved Rolo. I’m still prone to a few blubbing moments, but the empty, grieving numbness is lifting today.

Comment

Received Daisy Dog's DNA results today. The big surprise to all concerned — except her I suppose — is that there's not a hint of Rottie. She's mostly Labrador (35.3%) then in descending order: German Shepherd, Alaskan Malamute, Siberian Husky, St. Bernard (only 7.3% thank heavens!) and Golden Retriever. Her large paws, fortunately, don't indicate she's going to grow much more, they're more indicative of "snow" dogs, like Malamutes, Huskies and St Bernards who have excessively large feet to cope with the conditions.

Comment

Originally posted by Amor de Cosmos View Post
                                Received Daisy Dog's DNA results today. The big surprise to all concerned — except her I suppose — is that there's not a hint of Rottie. She's mostly Labrador (35.3%) than. in descending order: German Shepherd, Alaskan Malamute, Siberian Husky, St. Bernard (only 7.3% thank heavens!) and Golden Retriever. Her large paws, fortunately, don't indicate she's going to grow much more, they're more indicative of "snow" dogs, like Malamutes, Huskies and St Bernards who have excessively large feet to cope with the conditions.
                                Fascinating. Black and tan colouring in a larger dog tends to shout Doberman/Rottweiler depending on chunkiness. When mother of the thread Emily arrived, substantially overweight she looked like a Rottie, belying the fact she was actually a Kelpie/GSD mutt with a dash of Collie.

Comment

The spirit of Emily has admonished me for describing her as a mutt…

Comment

I'm sure it was meant affectionately. Pooch is always my go to catch all word for a dog.

Comment

And if anyone here uses woofer they are immediately banned from posting on this thread.

Comment

See also pupper and pupsicle.

Comment

A certain dog managed somehow to bounce her Kong toy onto the only open flame in the house, the pilot light in the fireplace.

Edit: the photo I posted was deeply unpleasant in closeup so I removed it.
                                          Last edited by Sits; 11-03-2024, 11:45.

Comment

Wicked Mrs. S laughed hysterically, in public, at her own dog yesterday when we went raincoat shopping.

Comment

Always the low point in a dog's life.

Comment

Working...
                                              X