Dog adoption

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lobachevsky View Post
    My lab collie cross, also Rafa, is sitting in disgrace in our yard. he is very patiently waiting forgivness for his sins.

gonna make him wait a bit longer.he knows hes done wrong and is showing rare contrition by sitting still and trying to catch my eye.
    I hope you’re joking.

Comment

Hai.

5E72891F-1CB2-41FE-B9E9-49822AF25B56.jpg

Comment

Oh man

Comment

I was about to say something very similar!

Comment

She is a 14 week old English Bulldog. Due to low grade medial luxating patella's she was available at a rescue. This is something that has no reason to degenerate and could go away, but she became a breeder surrender.

Comment

Oh bless her. I'm very glad she's getting a good home with you anyway, all the best of luck with it. Any name ideas yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Various Artist View Post
                Oh bless her. I'm very glad she's getting a good home with you anyway, all the best of luck with it. Any name ideas yet?
                Her name is Louise. The cat is kind of working her out, mostly because this is her first rodeo in a while with a dog that takes interest in her. I think she is going to be a piece of work - already after some specific shoes, getting upset when she cannot be on the same sitting surface as a human...
                Last edited by caja-dglh; 08-06-2022, 22:58.

Comment

And a true Princess she is

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                    And a true Princess she is
                    There was an unsolicited suggestion of "Lilibeth" which really suggests some people are clueless about us. They received an unsolicited suggestion to keep their shit dog names for their own use. The original working name list was crafted from a history of Eastenders female characters. The do a good job of finding lost names on that show.

Comment

I'd love to know what else made it onto the shortlist. Dot? Peggy? Sonia? Bianca? Big Mo?

Oh, and Pat the dog would be a cracking name, of course.

Comment

Originally posted by Various Artist View Post
                        I'd love to know what else made it onto the shortlist. Dot? Peggy? Sonia? Bianca? Big Mo?

Oh, and Pat the dog would be a cracking name, of course.
                        Patricia was the name of my wife's grandmother. We iterated through quite a few though no short-list really established itself.

Comment

caja-dglh *SQUEEE* She's so cute! Louise is my sister's name. haha I love it.

Comment

Congrats. She's lovely.

Comment

Nice one caja, she looks wonderful. How long since you had a pup in the house?

Comment

She looks a little cracker caja. Love the name Louise too.

Comment

Originally posted by Third rate Leszno View Post
                                  Nice one caja, she looks wonderful. How long since you had a pup in the house?
                                  It would be about twelve years. House smells like a barn but she was at least quiet overnight.

Comment

Meet Annie. A one year old (estimated) Kelpie who came into the dogs' home as a stray a couple of weeks ago and if all goes well will now be staying here. A tiny thing*, 15kg and we're wondering if she's not quite stopped growing yet. Desexed and microchipped in the last couple of days so probably sore and exhausted.

*compared to Emily and predecessor Bob.
                                    Last edited by Sits; 23-07-2022, 06:53.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Fantastic, Sits, hope it all works out for Annie with her new family.
                                            How is she? Is she a friendly dog, or still a bit wary? Has she settled straight in?

Comment

At the shelter she was very clingy with the staff, and anxious when they left us alone with her. They warned us she might be very nervous and needy at first. But she jumped into the car and slept for a fair amount of the one hour drive home. She pulled me up the front path to our door, did full rounds of every room in the house and has been very keen to get on her bed. Sleeping now. So it’s very early to say but she seems calmer here so far. The dog pound is a pretty stressful place for them. Of course she may just be tired but she’s been friendly with us too.

Comment

That's good to know, sounds like she has taken to you already. I imagine most animals don't thrive in the atmosphere of a shelter and you only see their true nature when you get them out of there. It's probably why some get overlooked because they're not up at the door seeking people's attention.

Comment

She's lovely, Sits. When I saw the word 'Kelpie' I was expecting something that looked like a giant metallic horses head, but she's much nicer than that. Hope she settles in quickly.

Comment

Thanks both. She’s managed to drop a no. 2 on the sitting room floor despite being “pretty house trained” but we’ll forgive it on account of nerves.

And TrL I don’t get the metallic horse’s head thing, is that a UK reference?

Comment

Working...
                                                    X