Things you don't know if you watch the BBC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fred Dimbleby, son of David, Grandson of Richard
    Fred Dimbleby (Ha. 2011-16) has won a place on ITV News traineeship scheme, which is due to start in August.

Fred has just completed his finals in History at Keble College, Oxford and will follow in the family tradition of journalism.

'It's such a fantastic opportunity and I'm really excited to be joining the scheme and paving my own way in journalism. I can't wait to get started.'

Fred will follow in the footsteps of generations of journalists.

Fred's grandfather, Richard Dimbley, was the BBC's first war correspondent during World War II, the host of Panorama and the voice of state occasions, including the Queen's Coronation. His father, David Dimbleby, stepped down from BBC One's Question Time in January after 25 years of fronting the political debate show and has also covered every general election since 1979. Fred's uncle, Jonathan Dimbleby, prepares to present his last 'Any Questions?' programme on Radio 4 after 32 years.

We wish Fred all the best in his future endeavours!
    dad David got a 3rd at Christchurch Oxford.

the family also used to own the Richmond and Twickenham Gazette.

the Standard posted a piece condemning the bullying-of David

meanwhile the mail has been attacking black Bbc Journalist Rianna Croxford for posts made at university calling Boris Johnson a clown

Comment

This is a corker

https://twitter.com/grantfeller/status/1286713846212825091?s=21

if any of those who object to my posting tweets ( especially the fellow who likes using mental health slurs about me despite putting me on “ignore Poster”) I’m posting a tweet which contains a video of the Prime Minister being interviewed by the BBC Chief Politics correspondent. Apologies in advance that there are no images of football fans‘ cars which you can identify or laugh about your fantasies of their sex life.
      Last edited by Nefertiti2; 25-07-2020, 19:30.

Comment

Much as I respect your stuff, Nef, the last sentence is unnecessary.

Comment

I'm not sure I get Nef's point. Nef, Ursus and I, among others, post Twitter stuff. Sometimes we make errors but I can't recall anyone telling us to get a life and start posting about celebrities, cars and sex.

Comment

Please ignore it, it's nowt to do with us.

Comment

It's an argument much of which happened and was deleted this morning (Europe time).

There is much else I could say but won't.

Comment

Lots of people post links to twitter.

three posters have attacked me for it. One used some rather unpleasant language and instead of apologising when this was pointed out to him made various threats and arcane references, despite also saying he was ignoring my posts.

id quite like this resolved. An apology would do. Failing that some clarity. Is the poster in question at liberty to make these remarks about me or not?

the posts are all still
                there ad hoc -certainly the one justifying calling my posting “ “demented” is.

Last edited by Nefertiti2; 25-07-2020, 19:35.

Comment

Originally posted by Nefertiti2 View Post

meanwhile the mail has been attacking black Bbc Journalist Rianna Croxford for posts made at university calling Boris Johnson a clown
                  It seems she didn't, she shared an article by Owen Jones in which he did.

Comment

OK, I have caught up. Ray was out of order and should apologize IMHO, or those posts ought to be deleted.

Comment

I always thought the "ignore user button" was just a forum in-joke. Top!

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
                        OK, I have caught up. Ray was out of order and should apologize IMHO, or those posts ought to be deleted.
                        thanks Satch.

Comment

Originally posted by Nefertiti2 View Post
                          the posts are all still
                          there ad hoc -certainly the one justifying calling my posting “ “demented” is.

hence "much of". The deletions felt a little selective

Comment

Yes it's interesting - I was recently banned for swearing another poster- who had criticised me for "not expressing any opinions of my own.,

and yet the poster under discussion has justified making mental health slurs against me, made vague reverences to my unspecified past behaviour. whilst himself posting images of a complete stranger's car- and then expressing delight that they were identified with their handle on another board and were described as "a thirty year old living with their mother who wanks off to Game of Thrones"

Each to their own, I suppose.

Comment

I've reported the post identifying the poster's car - with number plate- and making remarks about their sex life, because I think that's really creepy.

I suspect I may not be around myself for much longer. I don't like people who try to bully me and I won't put up with it.

Comment

I want you to keep posting, so, please, just walk away for for a while and calm down.

Comment

Nef - for what it's worth, I would prefer you to stay, and have no problems with you (or anybody else) posting links to twitter or wherever.

Comment

Just stick Ray and BB&F on ignore. It's not worth losing heart over their behaviour.

Comment

Well, we can't have the BBC reporting on climate change, Covid or anything like that in an accurate and simple to understand manner which ignores someone in from Tufton Street for "balance".

Newsround is being cut from the afternoon schedules.

Comment

https://twitter.com/FromSteveHowell/status/1288195839123501058?s=20

Comment

the mysterious news agenda

how every knows what is and what isn't news at any given moment

https://twitter.com/AllyFogg/status/1288600210445340672?s=20

Comment

Hmmm

https://twitter.com/etymologic/status/1289104478357073920?s=21

Comment

The BBC have done this following "complaints". I've been complaining about them for years, but nothing changes.

https://twitter.com/Chican3ry/status/1289087987893010432

Comment

It's horrific isn't it dm?

Comment

this looks balanced

https://twitter.com/nadinebh_/status/1289180349507883008?s=20

Comment

Originally posted by delicatemoth View Post
                                                    The BBC have done this following "complaints". I've been complaining about them for years, but nothing changes.
                                                    Have registered a complaint and got my daughter on to sharing the message as she's got a lot of friends/contacts who should join in.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X