European Elections 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nocturnal Submission View Post

I think that you're right, DR. I'm a bit surprised that pre-continenal poll close counting is allowed but I found this on The Herald's website:

However, they go on to say that the English and Welsh votes won't all be announced until as late as 2pm, with Scotland not expected until late tomorrow morning and Northern Ireland's results to be announced quite late on Tuesday.
    The Republic started counting at 9 this morning, and last seats might not be decided until Wednesday!

Comment

Excellent exit poll for die Grüne - AfD at the lower end of their recent polling:

http://twitter.com/EuropeElects/status/1132682383138930688
      Last edited by Diable Rouge; 26-05-2019, 16:27.

Comment

Looks like the Labour coup number 2 is incoming

Comment

The Varoufakis party (Mera25) may win Greek MEPs:

http://twitter.com/EuropeElects/status/1132682672709537793

Comment

Originally posted by Nefertiti2 View Post
            Looks like the Labour coup number 2 is incoming
            Jeremy turns 70 tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post

Jeremy turns 70 tomorrow
              His birthday is today. Unless I'm missing some joke, or summat.

Comment

Gah, Now that you mention it, it was a paper from yesterday that I was reading.

Comment

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post
                  Gah, Now that you mention it, it was a paper from yesterday that I was reading.
                  Fish and chips for tea then.

Comment

oh jesus no. My dad has had to move in with me because of his health, and once a week he sends me down to mcDonaghs to get him a load of fish and chips, and he fucking demolishes the lot. Tonight he is demanding sausages, and a fried egg.

Comment

http://twitter.com/britainelects/status/1132707971669086212

Of course, as UKIP won 24 seats in 2014, Farage would be held to a draw.

Comment

And No Deal on about a third of the vote.

Comment

Romania early exit poll
                          PSD: 25,8%

PNL: 25,8%

USR-PLUS: 23,9%

ALDE: 4,9%

UDMR: 5,4%

PMP: 5,2%

Pro România: 5,7%

(PSD, the government. Cunts. The western press call them centre left, but they're a bunch of socially conservative populist twats. PNL, sort of centre right opposition. USR, anti corruption, best of this lot. ALDE coalition partners of the goverment. therefore cunts. UDMR, Hungarian party. Have recently thoroughly thrown their lot in with Fidesz. Therefore cunts. PMP, some new centre right grouping, vanity project of former president Basescu. Pro Romania, vanity project of ex PM Ponta. Probably cunts)

Comment

So as No deal Brexit Party gets about a third of the Vote the disastrous "Peoples Vote" campaign who has eebn working to weaken Labour for the last three weeks confirms that for them it's time attack the real villain Jeremy Corbyn

https://twitter.com/alexwickham/status/1132715814774292482

Comment

Confused as to why UK exit polls can't be released till 10pm whereas they are being reported for several other countries already.

Meanwhile there are already a few tweets along the lines of 'not looking good for Labour in Kier Starmer's constituency', 'turnout up in Edinburgh', so there is obviously information circulating.

Comment

You lads voted on thursday didn't you? we voted on Friday, and got our exit poll when the polls shut. Why the completely unnecessary three day wait?

Comment

Turnout massively up in Romania

From earlier today
                                  https://twitter.com/c_constantin/status/1132642094730944512

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Flanagans Dog View Post
                                    Confused as to why UK exit polls can't be released till 10pm whereas they are being reported for several other countries already.

Meanwhile there are already a few tweets along the lines of 'not looking good for Labour in Kier Starmer's constituency', 'turnout up in Edinburgh', so there is obviously information circulating.
                                    Whilst "not looking good for Labour in Keir Starmer's constituency" is completely meaningless. There are no circumstance I can imagine that Keir Starmer will not be re-elected in his constituency.

Of course when the new Conservative Leader heads for a no deal Brexit to appeal to the Faragists haveing a weak Labour Party makes no-deal far more likely. But weakening Corbyn is the priority, not getting the best outcome.

Comment

The UK has a law prohibiting polling between voting start and finishing. It's nothing to do with the EU, hence all the other countries releasing theirs. It is a bit of a silly rule, but the real silliness is us voting on a weekday to depress turnout.

Comment

The restriction or reporting exit polls in the UK is due to UK (not EU) policy and I would argue that it reflects traditional British arrogance as to the UK's ability to influence other countries decisively.

Countries that are less in thrall to their imperialist past consider such ideas to be risible.

Comment

If - if - tons of people in Holborn and St Pancras have decided to vote for a party other than Labour, that’s indicative of a problem and there is no way Corbyn’s team will be blasé about it.

Comment

Meanwhile Corbyn’s only chance of preventing no deal is to back a proposed deal or propose his own that is backed by the EU and a majority in Westminster. His strength or weakness is irrelevant, except in so far as it exists as an expression of the parliamentary arithmetic.
                                            Last edited by Lucy Waterman; 26-05-2019, 20:06.

Comment

But aren't we on the brink of seeing No Deal rejected overwhelmingly by 2/3 of the electorate? Or 60-40 at worst.

I appreciate that what the people think isn't the only factor in this(!), but that's something of a signal in itself - a coalition of that 35-40% may produce a government, but, well, you know.

Comment

Labour reportedly fourth in Wales, and battling with the Lib Dems for the final MEP there:

http://twitter.com/lewis_goodall/status/1132738245836574720

http://twitter.com/Owain_Phillips/status/1132730215413833731

Comment

Cant wait to find out how many fascists have been elected.

Comment

I don't think UKIP last time were fascists, nor do I think Brexit are this time. I think you could reasonably characterise the current UKIP incarnation as fascist, but I doubt they or Yaxley-Lennon will win.

I also think Brexit Party will only win a handful more seats than UKIP did last time, which, given a Conservative implosion, isn't very impressive.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X