Return of the night shift

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope we're not paying to staff the night shift, cuz there's bugger all happening here. Where is everyone?

Comment

Hello. I kind of end up being at work till 10 most days, so only dip in briefly at the office as they haven't killed this yet. Probably won't as they know I work 14 hour days so should be allowed to dick about a little.

Comment

I am at home now though, before sleeping soon. My life rocks. I learn a lot though. I probably know the stock price progression for 15 stocks historically without even trying to know.

Comment

Back from dinner. Alyson Hannigan walked right past me as I was standing in front of a drug store afterwards. That made my day.

Off again tonight for day two of my jogging routine. Hopefully my shins won't feel like they're ripping apart again tonight like they did last Wednesday night.

Comment

Interesting 14 hour days or miserable 14 hour days?

Comment

I have to get up early because this fancypants doctor wants to talk to me at 7 am.

Comment

The only talking I do at 7am is in my sleep.

I'm up late because I'm trying to find out if I can get approved for a mortgage. My first.

I always do things at odd hours. I will not be held to anyone's 9 to 5.

But hey, wish me luck on the mortgage thing. I have to get out of this dump--one way or another.

Comment

Exciting. Where are you moving to?

Comment

Nothing specific yet, just trying to get pre-approval so I'll know how much I can spend. It'll be somewhere around here, but closer to the city.

Comment

Good luck, M. That's a big, exciting step.

Comment

Had a cup of tea. Gonna play a bit of FIFA Soccer. Might go to bed after that. Dunno yet. These are exciting times in which we live. The possibilities are almost endless.

Comment

Had a cup of tea. Gonna play a bit of FIFA Soccer. Might go to bed after that. Dunno yet. These are exciting times in which we live. The possibilities are almost endless.

Comment

Once more for luck?

Comment

I've come up with a sandwich idea:

A ham sandwich, in a cheese toastie, in a club sandwich.

I call it the inception.

Comment

Speaking of which, I've been trying to get the chef to batter and deep-fry a cheese toastie, but he's having none of it. Posh twat.

Comment

I hope they've got the heating on wherever they're filming channel 173, "Gina" must be fucking freezing.

Comment

They must have a decent carpet shampoo for that shag pile rug, she'll be getting baby oil all over it.

Comment

I went to the wrestling meet tonight. Now I'm home, watching an old Simpsons Halloween special.

Comment

Hi, pal, di yah ken where I can phone a taxi fi? Hi..you...yooou! Am askin a question..What yah awe lookin at? Oh, a see, fine, fine, I’ll leave you boys to it...

Comment

I fell asleep on the couch while watching TV. When I woke up, I expected to find that it was the middle of the night. It was 10:26 pm.

Comment

Couch-sleep? och, you're going to be the wide-awake club for hours now. Wait, are you in the US? If so, no proper damage done.

Time/sleep is a funny one. There is nothing – nothing – worse than groggily rousing and checking your phone to see what time it is...only for the fuqer to morning-alarm beeb-beeb-beeb go off right in your hand. The flip side of that, of course, is when you harrumph awake, dry-mouthed and needing a pee and then you look across and see it’s only 2.13am. I love that. You pee, promise to get your prostate checked and then slip back into four-and-a-half hours of free slumber.

Comment

I'm awake, but warmly tucked into my bed. Then you had to mention PEE and now I have to get out of bed and go PEE or I will not be able to sleep.

Such is the power of suggestion.

Comment

Don't forget a large glass of water on the nightstand.

Comment

that's harsh, man.

etc.

Comment

last night i reached a milestone in the creep towards decrepitude, shutting down a party on account of excess noise for the first time in my life.

came in from my own social engagement at around ten to find the students who live above us having a party. fair fucks. only come three in the morning, i'm woken up by shouting and screaming up and down the stairwells, and kept awake by the music. by dire fucking straits. these people are younger than me!

turns out they'd left the door open, so having no response to my knocking on the door i let myself in all bedraggled and barefoot and politely (or so i felt) asked if they'd at least shut the front door. something in my tone (possibly the inadvertant and repeated use of the word 'fuck') told them it was time to go home, and i crept back to bed, completely awake and unable to sleep.

me 1, fun 0. another victory.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X