• Show
Clear All

Vive De Gaulle!

Comment

The ball was still very much live when Company started fouling Jesus

Comment

You little beauty.

Comment

Kudos to the Belgian fan dressed as chips.

Comment

Wales > Brazil.

Comment

Mrs Thistle just pointed out Thierry Henry might have mixed feelings about the semi final.

Comment

Originally posted by Бога Нет View Post
                Wales > Brazil.
                We knew that

Comment

Originally posted by Snake Plissken View Post
                  Kudos to the Belgian fan dressed as chips.
                  He'll be covered in mayo after that result.

Comment

Brazil and Uruguay gone. This is now the European Championship.

Comment

Thibaut Courtois (with a fag on): De Gea? I've shit em.

Comment

Comment

I've enjoyed watching this. But I've really enjoyed the chat on here. Cheers, everyone.

Comment

Why do the BBC always take their post-match interviews with Martinez from a domestic Belgian interviewer (but in English), do they have a co-op deal with a Belgian broadcaster?
                            Last edited by Ray de Galles; 06-07-2018, 20:05.

Comment

Penalty or not, Brazil had enough chances to win that game fairly comfortably but couldn't take them. In short, they blew it.

Comment

Originally posted by SouthdownRebel View Post
                                Penalty or not, Brazil had enough chances to win that game fairly comfortably but couldn't take them. In short, they blew it.
                                SdR speaks for me.

Comment

So, am I right in thinking that the last time brazil beat a European team in the world cup was in 2002? England?

I don't know what I find more incredible. Martinez or Nacer Chadli in a world cup semi final. And - genuine question that I've been meaning to ask for a couple of weeks - what the fuck is henry doing coaching for belgium?

Comment

Comment

The art museum that is at the bottom of my office building was showing the game in the big movie theater, also in a different room where you could drink and eat. Great fun, except for all of the plastic Brazilian fans.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean of the Shed View Post
                                        He'll be covered in mayo after that result.
                                        Oh god Sean, there is an unerasable image stuck in my head now. Thanks for that.

I seem to have deleted my previous post (about cards being wiped) due to being on my phone and unable to work OTF coherently. Then it told me I was apparently being hacked and wouldn't let me back in with my password, so I've returned to my computer and fortunately have been able to circumnavigate the issue. Weird.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
                                          So, am I right in thinking that the last time brazil beat a European team in the world cup was in 2002? England?
                                          Germany in the final, wasn't it Jon?

Comment

Just saw the de Bruyne goal. Wow.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
                                              Well...they beat Germany in the final of 2002 as well . But also Croatia in the 2006 group stage, and then Croatia again in the opening game of 2014.

Comment

I'm not as much of a fan/fetishist of the German language as some people I know are, but every so often I have to admit they have some great 'compound words'.

One of my German friends just posted "Schwalbenkönigin raus!" - "Shallow queen out!" :-)

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                                                  That's a penalty

Comment

Originally posted by Incandenza View Post
                                                    Well...they beat Germany in the final of 2002 as well . But also Croatia in the 2006 group stage, and then Croatia again in the opening game of 2014.
                                                    This is true. The quote on commentary, here in Britain at least, was that Brazil haven't beaten a European side in a knockout game at a World Cup since 2002.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X